Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Sunday
Night
18:05

Dolphins

Team Lists

But the thing I don't get is that he was named on Tuesday. All of this was known then. So what's happened between then and now for Webby to say he needs to address this?

Nice thought process bro, 4D chess on that point about the delayed reaction from Webster.
The other way to look at it is that it at least informs us that Webster is not a reactive decision maker, most reactive types would have emotively told Addin get Farked Son..youre ridding down the back of the plane before he even reached the holy land Aotearoa NZ.

It seems to me with such an important player and such scandal that Webster probably chose to let the Warriors club - her Staff - her fans - the media enjoy one of the most epic wins in the clubs history without being derailed by a smutty story about a petulant star player that threw his toys out of the cot.

For that....as a fan...I say I am truly grateful to Andrew Webster for letting us all have this week, and for letting his players have the positivity at training until calling Addin into his office this morning like Mob boss and saying 'I know it was you that hit a made guy without asking permission, go with Tony da lip....he has a job for you out in the Arizona desert digging holes.....

Smart fish. Not Letting Addin take the attention away from the team by walking off, Addin tried to make the narrative all about him. Webster took that ground back this week by not rising to the bait, and when Addin was feeling comfortable boom hit before he blinked.

Be prepared for more Bull shit from AFB, he is testing Webster, trying to get the release he so dearly wants without pushing it so far that it negatively impacts his Salary entitlement.

A walk off is a passive aggressive act.

Last edited:
I noticed at the the end of the game the bench was jumping around, may of been when the kick was missed or full-time but either way he wasn't even smiling thought it seemed strange. Really surprised the club has been so honest as they must understand that supporters/media are going to start to turn their back on him.

I noticed at the the end of the game the bench was jumping around, may of been when the kick was missed or full-time but either way he wasn't even smiling thought it seemed strange. Really surprised the club has been so honest as they must understand that supporters/media are going to start to turn their back on him.
Sulking that he didn't contribute shit to the win.

But the thing I don't get is that he was named on Tuesday. All of this was known then. So what's happened between then and now for Webby to say he needs to address this?
The answer as I see it is that AFB is a big fish. Webster would have had to have waited to get back to Auckland Mount Smart Headquarters and then met with three or four people in senior management to consult and get them on side before he sat down and had the chat with Addin. Mohawk Cam George McFadden all of them would have wanted to be consulted before a decision like this is made and all of that takes time.

The answer as I see it is that AFB is a big fish. Webster would have had to have waited to get back to Auckland Mount Smart Headquarters and then met with three or four people in senior management to consult and get them on side before he sat down and had the chat with Addin. Mohawk Cam George McFadden all of them would have wanted to be consulted before a decision like this is made and all of that takes time.
I was thinking the same as far as the process goes, though to be frank, Webster has all those guys on speed dial and I would bet my left nut that he would have received an instant endorsement from all of them to do whatever he thought best in the situation.

Which why I think it was about sparing the club a negative story this week when they just arrested a season slump and pulled of 100% one of the top three wins in this clubs regular round history.

Certainly this was Andrew Websters biggest win of his career, no one can debate that, last year we could only dream of beating Penrith and we had a better and happier side out there.

If Webby and co really built the narrative to make us feel good then I hope they exercise their ability to go on and do another magic trick to get the team to come out on top of this situation

Everyone knows this won’t be the last manipulative play by AFB this season, do we want Game of Throne in the dressing room? Sad face throughout the games is not what you want in an NRL match, infectious

I don’t buy the family issues if the actions were so petty to throw a game and tried to throw cold water post game, and for someone like Webby to take action says a lot

I don't like wishing someone is injured. But you now look at his performance on the weekend. His stats were down and he ended up getting subbed off. Injury would be better to hear than attitude issues.

I hope it is just for missing some team stuff afterwards. If there is more to his performance it isn't a good look. The club was on a losing streak, suffering a big injury toll, had a makeshift team, also one of his team mates was celebrating a milestone match.

Looking back to the Devlin tweet it is probably good the club didn't hide behind a "rib injury". This probably will lead to more questions but at least it looks like the club has standards and will up hold them.

Besides if you did hide behind an injury you need to find one that matches the punishment. Imagine if they said he had an ACL which is usually 6-8 months and he's back on the field next week. Best to have a strain of some sort. Having the bye probably helps as it turns into a 2 week injury.

Let's hope over the bye week he heads to Sydney and comes back ready to see out the season.

He has been our best player this season. Right decision to drop him for this game but definitely tips the game towards the Dolphins. Be interesting to see how much of a mention it gets on 360 tonight
Probably not much of a mention. Isn't it only on Monday to Wednesday?

If it is on Thursdays I've been missing it as that used to be a replay.

Yeah good on the club for getting on the front foot. If it had been a pathetic injury excuse, that'd be the weak way out.

Addin probably needs to have a sit down with the senior players and Webster and be honest about what he hopes to contribute for the rest of 2024. If he's properly over it then fine, but no agitating for an early release. I simply wouldn't give it to him.

Yeah good on the club for getting on the front foot. If it had been a pathetic injury excuse, that'd be the weak way out.

Addin probably needs to have a sit down with the senior players and Webster and be honest about what he hopes to contribute for the rest of 2024. If he's properly over it then fine, but no agitating for an early release. I simply wouldn't give it to him.
Unfortunately for Addin we have fought this fight already and know the moves and the outcomes.

Shaun Johnson throws his toys and threatens to play like shit over a one million dollar salary reduction.

Unlike the SJ affair, Addin has no ties to the Warriors to compare.

Also we should have been hardened to the turn coat effect after he flipped on the Kiwis and all the club hopping.

I say, don't cry for me Argentina.

As such it bemuses me that people want Ice back, another jersey hopper.....puhlease.......have some pride, stop chasing the hot cheerleader who is not interested, invest in the Juniors, one of them will be the next it.

Last edited:
Yup you are right. Perhaps part of the reason they didn't announce it earlier?
It depends on the news cycle. This could go on into next week and give them something to talk about.

Now something is happened they will be trying to get more details. Hopefully being in NZ means they are off like often happens as they don't have as many contacts to have a drink with. Distance helps sometimes.

It depends on the news cycle. This could go on into next week and give them something to talk about.

Now something is happened they will be trying to get more details. Hopefully being in NZ means they are off like often happens as they don't have as many contacts to have a drink with. Distance helps sometimes.

They can DM Mrs FB 🤣

They can DM Mrs FB 🤣
I have said this before but I think we should leave players wives and whanau out of our jokes. I wouldn't like it if I were a player seeing my wife having made jokes about her. The players themselves though are a different story and should be accountable so long as no lines are crossed.

Back