Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • C

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • F---- :(

Votes: 75 58.6%

• Total voters
Agh the old free 2 points from the bye discussion…. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this 😂

Unfortunately if you took away the 2 points from all the teams were still outside the top 8 and sitting 11th…

Personally I think we got shafted by the nrl giving us a bye in the very last round … the one week off right before the finals can really mess up a teams momentum…
It could be advantageous though if you are not in a position to be resting players for your remaining games. Those in the top 4 usually do for the final round.

This is exactly why I never bought into the hype off season and first few rounds.

Its pretty cringe listening to fans and pundits jumping on the bandwagon and talking about the Warriors being a chance of making the GF.

We are so far away from the likes of Storm, Panthers, Broncos, Roosters etc in every department it's both scary as a fan and hilarious.

The only aspect that has been league topping is our recruitment efforts and front office. But even some of the highly talked about recruits like RTS and Capewell have yet to justify the hype and fanfare.

We are one injury away to one of AFB, SJ or Egan to look clueless.

Even with them all playing we have looked flat.

The efforts of 2023 on and off the field for the club has got the whole country behind the team but it won't be long before PTSD of being a warriors fan kicks in and we fumble the commercial success and fanfare. If this shit show continues we are going to be exposed for the pretenders that we are.

Anyone who still thinks we are a top 4 team, I'd like some of what you are smoking!

I'd be happy if we make the top 8.

Time to move on some of the deadwood, drop some to cup and replace with smart footballers who posses speed and X factor.

Agh the old free 2 points from the bye discussion…. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this 😂

Unfortunately if you took away the 2 points from all the teams were still outside the top 8 and sitting 11th…

Personally I think we got shafted by the nrl giving us a bye in the very last round … the one week off right before the finals can really mess up a teams momentum…
This is why looking at the table 7 games in is a wasted exercise. But, this year if we're sitting well mid-season and the rest are mostly done bye-wise it makes it interesting. Still, nothing beats winning games 😏

This is exactly why I never bought into the hype off season and first few rounds.

Its pretty cringe listening to fans and pundits jumping on the bandwagon and talking about the Warriors being a chance of making the GF.

We are so far away from the likes of Storm, Panthers, Broncos, Roosters etc in every department it's both scary as a fan and hilarious.

The only aspect that has been league topping is our recruitment efforts and front office. But even some of the highly talked about recruits like RTS and Capewell have yet to justify the hype and fanfare.

The efforts of 2023 on and off the field for the club has got the whole country behind the team but it won't be long before PTSD of being a warriors fan kicks in and we fumble the commercial success and fanfare. If this shit show continues we are going to be exposed for the pretenders that we are.

Anyone who still thinks we are a top 4 team, I'd like some of what you are smoking!

Time to move on some of the deadwood, drop some to cup and replace with smart footballers who posses speed and X factor.
We were one win off the GF last year? What are you on about?

We were one win off the GF last year? What are you on about?
Got to agree all that’s a bit dramatic, we legit look like a top4 team when we are on it’s just about getting that for even 60 mins of the game instead of the first 10 and last 20

Got to agree all that’s a bit dramatic, we legit look like a top4 team when we are on it’s just about getting that for even 60 mins of the game instead of the first 10 and last 20
And the Panthers showed the Broncos why playing for full 80 minutes is important in the GF.

The Storm showed us why playing for full 80 minutes is important earlier in the season.

Good teams won't be happy aiming for 60 minutes while we are barely putting together 40 minutes.

And the Panthers showed the Broncos why playing for full 80 minutes is important in the GF.

The Storm showed us why playing for full 80 minutes is important earlier in the season.

Good teams won't be happy aiming for 60 minutes while we are barely putting together 40 minutes.
And you’re right it will have to be a full 80 if we get deep enough or wanna beat the best teams, but at the moment the focus should be getting it longer every week. 60 will be enough for us to beat most team basis what they can do all this is dependent on the defence being fixed. Talk of them being pretenders and a right off already is a bit much

Last edited:
All I can say after last season's real grit to this present shit-show ..is a real come-down.... IMHO DWZ D has been an issue all season.. SJ looks to have lost his magic touch ... Tohu past it sadly .. really many players seem to have grown the Ego and dropped the effort/skills from last years comp

It's time to acknowledge that we are currently in a state of disarray. However, we must take immediate action to fix the issues at hand. If we fail to do so, we'll end up being just like the bunnies, knights, and eels - a massive disappointment.

while the likes of dragoons/bulldogs are playing great footy in recent weeks that they can build off

All I can say after last season's real grit to this present shit-show ..is a real come-down.... IMHO DWZ D has been an issue all season.. SJ looks to have lost his magic touch ... Tohu past it sadly .. really many players seem to have grown the Ego and dropped the effort/skills from last years comp

It's time to acknowledge that we are currently in a state of disarray. However, we must take immediate action to fix the issues at hand. If we fail to do so, we'll end up being just like the bunnies, knights, and eels - a massive disappointment.

while the likes of dragoons/bulldogs are playing great footy in recent weeks that they can build off
I agree on most. The one I don't is SJ. I reckon he's going alright.

But the state of disarray you describe is both concerning and fixable. How? Drop some like you said. Injection of youth. Set the expectation higher.

Sorry but im looking for some positives after this game, but At least we didn't suck this bad.
In an unprecedented display of dominance in the Mal Meninga Cup, the Burleigh Bears have decimated the Wide Bay Bulls with a staggering 130-0 victory at UAA Park on the Gold Coast on Saturday.

And you’re right it will have to be a full 80 if we get deep enough or wanna beat the best teams, but at the moment the focus should be getting it longer every week. 60 will be enough for us to beat most team basis what they can do all this is dependent on the defence being fixed. Talk of them being pretenders and a right off already is a bit much
You are right we should be focusing on getting to 60 minutes of good football before thinking about a full 80 minute game.

The team certainly believed the offseason hype but has failed to live up to it so far. Sitting 12th after 8 rounds and with games against knights, roosters and Panthers to come, with a non existent left side attack, a one dimensional right side attack and an out of sync defence, this certainly puts us much closer to pretenders than contenders for moine, and is a write off in my book. Specially when we started the season believing we are a shot for the grand final.

I loathe to say Webby was right but when he said they are losing the rucks as in we get slowed down which screws our attack. Then they get speedier play the ball so it ignites theirs. Against every and any team such dominance is paramount to setting your attacking platform. Our defence starts from dominating the tackles, so when we don't our edges and wings HAVE to compress to compensate.

As an example. When I watch Berry miss his defensive assignment it has been (sometimes) due to the middles losing the tackle and his inside blokes (SJ and Capewell) compressing in to compensate. By then every backline has a numerical advantage and Berry or DWZ have to choose which of the 2 or 3 runners they tackle
I see our defence failing due to fatigue.

It’s why we have uncharacteristic errors. Why Tohu makes a dud captains challenge. Mental and physical fatigue. We’re not physically able to play 80 minutes at a high tempo at the moment.

Injuries and tight turnaround. Same as this time last year with the same run of short turnarounds and we had the same period of losses.

Unfortunately last year was semi acceptable against highly ranked teams, this years against cellar dwellers is painful!

I see our defence failing due to fatigue.

It’s why we have uncharacteristic errors. Why Tohu makes a dud captains challenge. Mental and physical fatigue. We’re not physically able to play 80 minutes at a high tempo at the moment.
Why are our middle dropping off tackles in the 10th minute? Thats not fatigue. And even if it was true, its not the entire team, its 2-3 plyers.

Why are our middle dropping off tackles in the 10th minute? Thats not fatigue. And even if it was true, its not the entire team, its 2-3 plyers.
Yeah, I went back and watched the first 30 min, out of morbid curiosity - I hate it when I do that and all I see is poor officiating, it'd be more satisfying if we really were fucking up some how - the only bad mistakes in that first period belong to DWZ, when he did the same thing of coming in when it wasn't necessary not once but twice - the first time was when Addin already had brimson locked up, and Dallin left Kahn-pereira unmarked and was lucky it not to have had the same result for the tits first try about 3 minutes later. And speaking of 3s, the first 3 titans penalties were all extremely marginal - Laban called for being too long in tackle, when he was dominating, one really inexplicable one on Ford maybe? (could literally see nothing wrong), and a high shot on Egan called when it was clearly on the upper shoulder. IDK, just adds to the frustration... the only solution is to go up a gear around the 20 min mark, rather than just holding which is what we were doing in that game - and that might be a symptom of fatigue or the wrong bench players coming on - I really hope we work that out this week

Yeah, I went back and watched the first 30 min, out of morbid curiosity - I hate it when I do that and all I see is poor officiating, it'd be more satisfying if we really were fucking up some how - the only bad mistakes in that first period belong to DWZ, when he did the same thing of coming in when it wasn't necessary not once but twice - the first time was when Addin already had brimson locked up, and Dallin left Kahn-pereira unmarked and was lucky it not to have had the same result for the tits first try about 3 minutes later. And speaking of 3s, the first 3 titans penalties were all extremely marginal - Laban called for being too long in tackle, when he was dominating, one really inexplicable one on Ford maybe? (could literally see nothing wrong), and a high shot on Egan called when it was clearly on the upper shoulder. IDK, just adds to the frustration... the only solution is to go up a gear around the 20 min mark, rather than just holding which is what we were doing in that game - and that might be a symptom of fatigue or the wrong bench players coming on - I really hope we work that out this week
Go back again and watch Mitch and Tohu...

Our bench has been cleaned out by injury.We are not playing at our best granted. I would be more worried if we were playing our best and losing these games we have dropped.

We are a favorable run with injury and a clicking together away from being one of the stronger teams in the NRL.

I said at the seasons start that while I expect we will run at the top four injury willing, that I would be just happy with a top eight finish.

I still think we make the eight. This club needs back to back finals appearances more than it needs the top four.

I am concerned about the fans deserting us if we don't make the finals.

I believe you, there had to be something else going on but my eyes were increasingly blinded by the refereeing performance
We lost due to reffing no doubt. We scored the winning try and had that taken away from us as well. But you create your own luck I think the ref shafted us, under my theory about NRL refs, due to how awful we were against St George and the ref decided we didnt'derserve to win this week. The good news is we played well against the Titans so if reffifng decisions ae based on the momentum of your season then we will get a better cut of decisions. You make your own luck with reffing in the NRL. As I have said many times the celler dweller teams get shafted and the penthhouse teams get deluxe decisions. The Tigers also had dumb reffing this weekend to deal with as well. The only solution to it is to win a few in a row.

Also another thing if Tohu Harris gets influenced by Montoya again to do another dumb challenge with 25 seconds left in the first half I am going to fly to Sydney and go Full Paul Kent on Tohu and take off my watch.

Back