• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Warriors v Tigers - [Round 21, 2024]

Warriors vs Tigers

Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Tigers

Team Lists

NZWarriors.com
I'm looking forward to this - still excited about the season, and what we could do from here - I mean imagine if we actually got our shit together and went 5/5 (what's the point of lamenting those close losses if we can't take a grain of belief from them?) - this is the first step towards the most epic of finals runs!

CHT to kick 7/8, DWZ with a double - All the 'A's to score: Addin, Ali and lekA ('you might well of started it, i'm going to go finish it!')

No analysis needed. (Except maybe my current state if mind)

I'm looking forward to this - still excited about the season, and what we could do from here - I mean imagine if we actually got our shit together and went 5/5 (what's the point of lamenting those close losses if we can't take a grain of belief from them?) - this is the first step towards the most epic of finals runs!

CHT to kick 7/8, DWZ with a double - All the 'A's to score: Addin, Ali and lekA ('you might well of started it, i'm going to go finish it!')

No analysis needed. (Except maybe my current state if mind)
Sounds like a good multi to me!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Whats your name -Donald Trump?
Optimism friend optimism please.

If I was Donald Trump my message would've read "The Warriors are a great team, very great team, but sometimes they do some very silly things, so silly, did you see they lost to the worst team in the NRL, have you heard this? 60 points - 60 POINTS, it's unheard of, no one has ever seen such a thing, so strange. But I love the Warriors, always have, huge fan, huuuuuge fan, but sometimes they do such silly things, so will they beat the last placed team this week? Let's hope they fight peacefully and patriotically, and make Ericsson Stadium great again!"

I personally am hoping they win, but you can't blame someone for betting against them for what would appear to be an inferior team, especially this year of all years!

Kosi gets a bad wrap - he is a better player than given credit for. Wouldn't even be in a list of the top 10 worst wings to play for the club.

I agree his future on the wing is questionable but you could do an awful lot worse than Kosi as depth.

If one of CNK or TT were fit, he would not be playing. If Montoya were fit, he would not be playing.

If Berry or Pompey were fit, maybe he plays... but MGT hopefully would have come in contention.

All in all, no point getting knickers in a twist about a guy who needs most of a backline to be out to get a run.
Just saying he's had his time. Not particularly good at anything. Especially given his size. Would rather Tu and Kali get a shot at this point in our season.

Sifakula has to come onto the bench, has to.

He was the first of the young forwards to debut last year. ACL injury has help him back.

Get Sifakula in for Ford and Ale in for Jazz.
I want someone again to describe in detail the day he got sinbinned and on his way off got stuck into the entire manly bench in his first ever first grade game. Then I will print out the story and put it up on my bedroom wall.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I want someone again to describe in detail the day he got sinbinned and on his way off got stuck into the entire manly bench in his first ever first grade game. Then I will print out the story and put it up on my bedroom wall.
It was Penrith and he dared to ruffle Jesus Cleary's collar

**Warriors v Tigers: Warriors Highlight Real Reason for Loss to Canberra Raiders as Vital Tigers Clash Looms**

*Christopher Reive*

Reflecting on last weekend’s loss to the Canberra Raiders, Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake believes outside criticism fell on the wrong shoulders.

Five-eighths Chanel Harris-Tavita suffered the brunt of that following the two-point loss last Friday as he missed all three of his conversion attempts after taking over from Adam Pompey (knee injury) – the last of which came just slightly to the side of the uprights.

However, Fonua-Blake labelled that as “unwarranted criticism” when speaking with media on Wednesday afternoon and expressed his surprise the team’s performance hadn’t been picked over more.

“He missed the kicks but there were also 20 points scored against us. That’s not good enough,” Fonua-Blake said.

“We gave them a 14-0 head start, and I don’t think that was talked about enough either. It’s a team sport, we all leaked the tries."

“I’m going to back Chanel and that he’s going to ice some good moments for us on Friday.”

Prior to last weekend’s outing, Harris-Tavita had slotted both of his goal attempts this season, and through his Warriors career to date, the 25-year-old has converted 78% of his attempts at goal.

But his missed conversion attempt of Fonua-Blake’s late try that would have tied the game capped off what captain Mitchell Barnett said was a performance in which the side let themselves down with errors.

“For me, goal kicking is just a blessing and doesn’t win you or lose you a game, even though fans can see it as that. It’s what we do to leak tries or leak field position, errors - there’s a lot of things that contribute to that,” Barnett said.

“That won’t define Chanel, every goal kicker has had a shocker with the boot, and he won’t be the last.”

It was a sentiment shared by coach Andrew Webster, who said there was a lot that his side got wrong prior to the missed kick and noted several goalkickers had reached out to Harris-Tavita this week to share their experiences of bad nights with the boot.

Dwelling on the loss and what might have been would do the Warriors no favours now as they cling to their hopes of making the top eight.

Their charge to the finals has to start with a win over the lowly Wests Tigers at Mt Smart Stadium on Friday night, with the Warriors now sitting five points outside the top eight with 19 points.

Over the coming weeks, the side will host the bottom two sides in the Tigers (17) and Parramatta Eels (16), before ending their season with a tough run that features the Redcliffe Dolphins (7), Manly Sea Eagles (5), Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (6) and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (3) - with all of those games barring the Bulldogs clash away fixtures.

“We’ve just got to win games,” Webster said.

“I can’t keep saying it every week because it’ll get to the point where it’s unachievable, but it’s certainly achievable and we’re really confident.

“We’ve just got to play our best footy and give ourselves the opportunity, and it would be nice to get a break go our way.”

**Warriors (1-13):** Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Ali Leiataua, Moala Graham-Taufa, Edward Kosi, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Te Maire Martin, Addin Fonua-Blake, Wayde Egan, Mitchell Barnett, Marata Niukore, Kurt Capewell, Dylan Walker.

**Interchange (from):** Freddy Lussick, Jackson Ford, Jazz Tevaga, Leka Halasima, Tom Ale, Bunty Afoa, Setu Tu, Ben Farr.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If I was Donald Trump my message would've read "The Warriors are a great team, very great team, but sometimes they do some very silly things, so silly, did you see they lost to the worst team in the NRL, have you heard this? 60 points - 60 POINTS, it's unheard of, no one has ever seen such a thing, so strange. But I love the Warriors, always have, huge fan, huuuuuge fan, but sometimes they do such silly things, so will they beat the last placed team this week? Let's hope they fight peacefully and patriotically, and make Ericsson Stadium great again!"

This is my second favourite post this year behind the dude that bitched out dropping uber eats to AFB 🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back