• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Warriors v Tigers - [Round 21, 2024]

Warriors vs Tigers

Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Tigers

Team Lists

This has to be Kosi's do or die match. Has to have a blinder. If not that has to be a sign to move to the forwards if he ever wants to play first grade again.

Kosi gets a bad wrap - he is a better player than given credit for. Wouldn't even be in a list of the top 10 worst wings to play for the club.

I agree his future on the wing is questionable but you could do an awful lot worse than Kosi as depth.

If one of CNK or TT were fit, he would not be playing. If Montoya were fit, he would not be playing.

If Berry or Pompey were fit, maybe he plays... but MGT hopefully would have come in contention.

All in all, no point getting knickers in a twist about a guy who needs most of a backline to be out to get a run.

NZWarriors.com
Can’t comprehend Ale improving so much in May and dumped from the bench since.

Probably skipping this game, having PTSD watching a solid pack while backs finding a way to lose, like Kodi meltdowns or Walsh’s goal kicking in 2021

Never been a fan of Kosi, but I'm not going to begrudge him playing when we're missing 5 other outside backs.

A lot of people still on the Ale train. Wouldn't hold my breath tbh. If he hasn't cracked consistent first grade in this below par season I'm not sure what he's expected to do with Halasima, Sifakula, Maiu'u, Laban etc getting another full off season under their belts leading into next season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Sifakula has to come onto the bench, has to.

He was the first of the young forwards to debut last year. ACL injury has help him back.

Get Sifakula in for Ford and Ale in for Jazz.

I had anticipated that he would come in after 1-2 games back from injury, though ACLs are obviously a big deal. I just really thought that was where the club's estimation of him lay.

I'd love to know what is keeping him out. Discipline? Fitness? Involvement? Who knows what Webby's targets are for him?

In 60 mins a game his tackle stats in the last two games are 100%, and the game before that 95%. Runs and run metres are average, but we can see the impact of those runs when he makes them. You can tell he is a weapon made for FG.

Anyone got oil on why Laban hasn't even been named in the 23 - it seems quite strange given all other forward cover is for middles, other than Leka. He seems a bit out of favour after playing a role in the Panthers and Dolphins wins (and that other game that wasn't a win, but which shall not be mentioned)...

Anyone got oil on why Laban hasn't even been named in the 23 - it seems quite strange given all other forward cover is for middles, other than Leka. He seems a bit out of favour after playing a role in the Panthers and Dolphins wins (and that other game that wasn't a win, but which shall not be mentioned)...

Wouldn't read too much into it.

7 games for him this year - probably more than most might have expected.

Starting forward pack is pretty settled, we tend not to carry any edges on the bench it seems...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
What happened to Laban?
Is he injured?
Seems to have fallen down the pecking order

Laban
Sifakula
Zyon
Leka
Roache
Ali
MGT

That’s our core future right there

A few questions:

1 - any update on SJ’s and CNK’s availability?
2 - any update on the Pompey injury? Not an ACL?

"Pompey (knee) has been sidelined until round 25-26 while Tuaupiki is following NRL concussion protocols after leaving the field following head knock early in last Friday night’s match against the Raiders. It’s expected he’ll be available for round 22.

Pompey and Tuaupiki join fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (calf), halfback Shaun Johnson (chronic Achilles tendinopathy), winger Marcelo Montoya (groin), Rocco Berry (shoulder) and Luke Metcalf (leg).

Nicoll-Klokstad is on track to be return in round 22 while Montoya and Metcalf are set to be available for round 23.

The only forward sidelined is Tohu Harris, out for the season following wrist surgery.

Coming off the injury list is utility Paul Roache (ankle), who is set to make his comeback with the New South Wales Cup side on Friday night."

Rocco Berry - Shoulder - Indefinite
Tohu Harris - Wrist - Season
Shaun Johnson - Achilles - TBC
Luke Metcalf - Leg - Rd 23
Marcelo Montoya - Groin - Rd 23
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad - Calf - Rd 22
Adam Pompey - Knee - Rd 25/26
Taine Tuaupiki - Concussion - Rd 22

If I got dollar for every time this has been said…

Webby and the coaches clearly have a soft spot that is clouding their judgement …
What drugs are you on?

He is selected cause there is literally no one else, end of the day it came down to him and Tu and he probably got the nod on experience I would guess against an error prone very ordinary Setu Tu

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
A lot of people still on the Ale train. Wouldn't hold my breath tbh. If he hasn't cracked consistent first grade in this below par season I'm not sure what he's expected to do with Halasima, Sifakula, Maiu'u, Laban etc getting another full off season under their belts leading into next season.
None of them will.

Tofu will go another year. Walker will be bounced around the back row. That will push out the bench and none of the young guns will get a solid start.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back