Pick Your Team Warriors v Storm - Round 15, 2024

maybe keary and walker qualify, but aren't the the others primarily an organiser and then a run first 5/8? Keary and Walker have only just started working out too... I think it's difficult thing to achieve a pairing that has a real equity of play calling
Brooks is a 7 at Tigers and he does a lot of the kicking for Manly too, there are case studies Webby can glean from and try, it’d be scary if TMM and SJ can both play to their form at the same time

I think in the modern game, the second row wins games. Holds up the edges in defence and unleash those around them in attack. They need to be lethal on both sides of the ball.

11. Niukore
12. Barnett

These two are the ultimate competitors and I want them locked in the rest of the season as we build our team around them.

They are a large part of the reason we have clicked the past few weeks.

I think in the modern game, the second row wins games. Holds up the edges in defence and unleash those around them in attack. They need to be lethal on both sides of the ball.

11. Niukore
12. Barnett

These two are the ultimate competitors and I want them locked in the rest of the season as we build our team around them.

They are a large part of the reason we have clicked the past few weeks.
It’s a collective effort though. Look at the great cowboys second rowers, were made to look average yesterday because no cohesion with centres

bit off topic but a bit odd that Melbourne only have 2 players involved with origin when the cows had 6. How do they have half the maroons team when they are mid-table team at best?
Morons run a system so they were put into it when they were in form and that standard is maintained, it’s kinda what makes them so good.

Could argue Ezra has been better then Deardon but he’s already in the system so they won’t drop him for someone new with no experience

It’s a collective effort though. Look at the great cowboys second rowers, were made to look average yesterday because no cohesion with centres
Agree. I more mean if we could imagine a perfect team, those two tick all my boxes.

This is more what I mean about locking them in and building a team around them - at a selections level.

Any injury updates from the game? How bad is TMM's arm/shoulder? He finished out the game so I'm assuming it's ok. But any chance we see an SJ/CHT half combo this week?

Storm certainly aren't as defensively strong as they have been historically. As long as we are switched on and get reasonable weather we should be able to roll them.
Long range forecast
Fine, then showers developing. Northwesterlies.

Issued: 7:31pm Sun 9 Jun

SUNRISE 7:31am
SUNSET 5:12pm
Rainfall exceedance probability forecast

1+ mm: 70%
10+ mm: 10%

I think they are pleading guilty but contesting the grading
Incidentally, only 2 Warriors players have been cited this season - Ford fined and Maiu'u with 2 games from preseason.

Next best Broncos with 5 cited, through to the Tigers with 18!

Good coaching, technique and players control of aggression. Might also reflect our squad age and experience!

Excellent stuff!

Ps is there a link between the coach of the year getting the best technique from his players and the team who’s already lost their coach and has a rookie in place, committing the most infringements?

Back