Pick Your Team Warriors v Broncos - [Round 17, 2024]

This was a month ago

This was an article out today. Number 2 indicates it’s not a done deal?

This was a month ago

which is what exactly? Newshub reporting from a James Hooper fox sports article?

Roosters never offered him a deal, they discussed what a deal might need to be, but was never tabled to him.

And again, the club have not announced his extension (unless I missed it).

So at this point, there isn't any reason to believe he has been extended...

2. The Warriors are being forced into a very difficult decision in the next few weeks. Whether or not retain Shaun Johnston for 2025. They were absolutely firing without the veteran playmaker but have hit a wall since his return. I'm not suggesting he is totally at fault but the past two weeks have not been good.

2. The Warriors are being forced into a very difficult decision in the next few weeks. Whether or not retain Shaun Johnston for 2025. They were absolutely firing without the veteran playmaker but have hit a wall since his return. I'm not suggesting he is totally at fault but the past two weeks have not been good.

It absolutely kills me to say it...

But there is nothing difficult about the decision that needs to be made.

Would not be surprised if it has been made and communicated already...

The right thing to do is to hold off the talks towards the season’s end, if we finished bottom SJ might want to retire, if we suddenly do a Knights 2023 and he picks up 10consecutive 6 Dally M points then he will be extended, most likely scenario he gets a coaching role at the club and we farewell him with respect somehow

which is what exactly? Newshub reporting from a James Hooper fox sports article?

Roosters never offered him a deal, they discussed what a deal might need to be, but was never tabled to him.

And again, the club have not announced his extension (unless I missed it).

So at this point, there isn't any reason to believe he has been extended...
Yes, sorry, that's what I was meaning. There was talk of a roosters deal and SJ saying he wasn't leaving NZ. No deal has been done, or at least no deal has been reported as far as I can see for us.

The right thing to do is to hold off the talks towards the season’s end, if we finished bottom SJ might want to retire, if we suddenly do a Knights 2023 and he picks up 10consecutive 6 Dally M points then he will be extended, most likely scenario he gets a coaching role at the club and we farewell him with respect somehow

That's just a nice cuddly way of saying he has to play for his extension which he won't do.

He is a legend, and my hope is that he doesn't tarnish his legacy by tossing his toys out of the cot (again..).

Let’s hope it’s not a done deal.

Hes doing absolutely nothing to suggest he deserves an extension.

He’s already breaking down and naturally its affected his performance

Extending him another year is a mistake. We have TMM available to step in the #7 shoes

That's just a nice cuddly way of saying he has to play for his extension which he won't do.

He is a legend, and my hope is that he doesn't tarnish his legacy by tossing his toys out of the cot (again..).

I hope he’s mature this time post pandemic and now with his family…..

Let’s hope it’s not a done deal.

Hes doing absolutely nothing to suggest he deserves an extension.

He’s already breaking down and naturally its affected his performance

Extending him another year is a mistake when we have TMM available to step in the #7 shows

We've derailed this thread a bit.

But to keep on track - TMM is likely named at 7 this week considering the injury reports to SJ.

No way can he be selected if not fit.

So, if TMM goes out and hits a bunch of try assists in a win this week - SJ might have played his last game.

That's quite confronting..

It absolutely kills me to say it...

But there is nothing difficult about the decision that needs to be made.

Would not be surprised if it has been made and communicated already...
Would imagine that contract was pulled at $700k or more? That new cooling period could have been the factor or negotiations stalled? There’s also that Dylan Brown rumour too?

We've derailed this thread a bit.

But to keep on track - TMM is likely named at 7 this week considering the injury reports to SJ.

No way can he be selected if not fit.

So, if TMM goes out and hits a bunch of try assists in a win this week - SJ might have played his last game.

That's quite confronting..
Even if that were to happen with TMM I get the feeling that AW would still try and bring SJ in again. I really feel that he is incapable of seeing past the player or last year's performances and make that tough call. The only way Sj doesn't come back in this year is if he is injured or retires IMO

Marcello started inside Kosi at left centre. He was able to do his damaging runs more frequently and create space for his outside man - wouldn’t mind seeing this again, plus we get RTS on the wing.
Pompey played left Centre with Montoya outside him. Kosi played right Wing with RTS inside him

People calling for Egan to be dropped? 🤣🤣 or people naming players that are injured. So many people gonna be disappointed on Tuesday. If you watched the presser. Webster said he wants consistency so I assume no changes, consistently poor? Maybe
Egan has lost that energy that made him a SOO prospect. I prefer Lussick to take his place.

This was our golden period this year. Which key players were and weren’t playing?
1. No SJ
2. No RTS
3. No Tohu until the Cowboys, when on bench.
4. TMM at 7.
5. CNK or CHT at 6.
7. Tauapiki was at 1. v. Panthers
8. Backs Pompey, Montoya, DWZ were in every game, DWZ was at 1. v. Cowboys!
9. Egan at 9. Obvs.
10. Forwards kind of pick themselves. Ford, Barnett, Walker, Bunty, even Jazz…

The key is points 1 to 3. This was so glaringly obvious after those three matches, but no, SJ and RTS had to come straight back in and Tohu had to be given back the captaincy. But with those three chambers, it all went to mud. Before that, the boys were fighting to win, as a team, fighting against the odds. And won. Even with DWZ as fullback, they won.

I reckon they’re done with the old and get this, they’re not fans of the big stars being placed above them.

What happened just before the run of three losses, of games we should have won? The big announcement, surprising everyone, of the signing of James Fisher-Harris, came about three days before we lost to the Dragons. Yes, a great signing, but.View attachment 7933
The impact of Dalin at fullback cannot be denied.

Pick anyone

Its not really about who unless the ego tripping is terminal.

Wind it all back again and simplify it. Whoever gets picked is it. Now shelve your self centred ego tripping and pull finger. Its actually that simple.

I love this team and I know everybody else does too so it's awesome to see the passionate discussions taking place.

Back