Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ACT - only libertarian if your views are their views, authoritarian if not - View attachment 4903
The bigger question, while Rome is burning, why even focus in this. Parliament time is valuable. Fix the real issues instead of all these side shows.

Glad this new govt isn’t spending time on this and is focused on health, education, crime and the economy. And the polls show the public is appreciating it.

Crimes and education were problem under Labour - the fact the left supports pandering to kids and criminals votes shows how they really lost focus in these areas. Perhaps if they replaced Hipkins they might reprioritise before they fall out the bottom of the polls…

The bigger question, while Rome is burning, why even focus in this. Parliament time is valuable. Fix the real issues instead of all these side shows.

Glad this new govt isn’t spending time on this and is focused on health, education, crime and the economy. And the polls show the public is appreciating it.

Crimes and education were problem under Labour - the fact the left supports pandering to kids and criminals votes shows how they really lost focus in these areas. Perhaps if they replaced Hipkins they might reprioritise before they fall out the bottom of the polls…
The quotes are from the sideshow that is this government. Don't you care about democracy Wiz?

What crimes though Wiz?
Should someone who stole a loaf of bread be unable to vote?
Someone who got caught with a 50 of weed?
Parking fines?
Don’t even know what the current rules are?

Serious question - do people in jail even want to vote? Half the people engage in society don’t even bother so why would the disillusioned?

Bit of a storm in a teacup isn’t it?

What crimes though Wiz?
Parking fines?
Exactly. It handily removes a portion of voters who are predominantly not going to vote National or Act coincidentally enough <sarcasm btw>

I don't agree with his analysis. I drive a diesel passenger car, and pay RUCs.

My vehicle classification pays RUCs at the lightest rate ( vehicles < 3500kgs), and, at 1,800kgs, weighs less than a Tesla.

I have no problem with the fact that the lightest vehicle rate is the same as a ute.

He's just writing politically charged nonsense when there is no issue to speak of.

I wouldn't mind paying RUCs at a lighter vehicle rate if there was one, but there isn't
RUCs were always coming for EVs it’s been in the news about other countries for ages. but for some reason people thought if their car didn’t run on combustible fuel then the roads and highways would build and maintain themselves.

What crimes though Wiz?
Parking fines?
I think in Oz it's still a 3 year line. That is if you are convicted and sentenced to more than 3 years imprisonment, you lose the right to vote. Pretty sure there are quite a few countries that have the same or more stringent rules. The UK being one.

RUCs were always coming for EVs it’s been in the news about other countries for ages. but for some reason people thought if their car didn’t run on combustible fuel then the roads and highways would build and maintain themselves.
RUCs are being reported as double that of petrol

Interesting that the government has committed to extending the number of public EV charges currently from 1300 to 10000 by 2030….. and EV owners don’t think they should contribute to that through RUC’s. Speaking off entitled.

Interesting that the government has committed to extending the number of public EV charges currently from 1300 to 10000 by 2030….. and EV owners don’t think they should contribute to that through RUC’s. Speaking off entitled.
Interested to hear your thoughts on this miket12.
Petrol stations are not financed by taxpayers.
Why then should taxpayers front for charging stations.
Why not electricity suppliers and ev manufacturers?
Have I missed something here 😕
Asking you particularly because I respect your opinion

Back