General 2024/2025 Halves Discussion

Who should pair SJ in the halves in 2024?

• Total voters
I'm saying they're all good players.
Cht might be a run or two short though.
TMM struggled with his leg.
So did Metcalfe.

Xfactors tricky. Lots of players have unique styles or ways they go about things but actual Xfactor or I dunno generational talents rare. We have 3 in our squad though.
SJ
AFB
RTS
they rely on genetics and intense skill.
I’d add Tohu to that. Special player

When you step back and look at the leadership and experience, we’ve got a special squad. Really excited for what’s ahead.
Yeah they're going to be going hard for the next 2 or 3 years for the trophy.
Imo SJ will go again. AFB will be a big loss but I'm sure there's contingency. CHT might be earmarked for SJ or TMM or even Walkers role I'm the future. Depending on who sticks around out of Lussick , Taine and Metcalfe there's replacements there too. I'm sure by 2025 some of these guys will be starting first graders.

Yeah they're going to be going hard for the next 2 or 3 years for the trophy.
Imo SJ will go again. AFB will be a big loss but I'm sure there's contingency. CHT might be earmarked for SJ or TMM or even Walkers role I'm the future. Depending on who sticks around out of Lussick , Taine and Metcalfe there's replacements there too. I'm sure by 2025 some of these guys will be starting first graders.
Agree regarding SJ unless they won it this year or he picked up a serious injury, I think he’d give it away if either of those occurred. With him in last year’s form, I see the window open as long as he’s there. AFB is a huge loss but I think they’ll be smart enough to use that cap to our advantage.

Here is another take

Who would each Warriors coach select

Kearney would pick TMM as he would fit the process
Payten picks steady eddies in his halves and would pick TMM
Brown was a CHT fan and picked him ahead of Kodi and Asi not that is great competition
Webster ???

Really nice montage with the right song chosen, the our house banner gives ya chills the way it appears as the song hits the good chords.

Loved it.

Funny thing is watching his highlights were he not a Warrior, most would be excited if he was a new import we had signed.

Walsh and CHT had a good little pairing going, it would be interesting to see what CHT and Metcalf could do in the same back line. Hopefully we do not see that though, that would mean Princess is out.

Really nice montage with the right song chosen, the our house banner gives ya chills the way it appears as the song hits the good chords.

Loved it.

Funny thing is watching his highlights were he not a Warrior, most would be excited if he was a new import we had signed.

Walsh and CHT had a good little pairing going, it would be interesting to see what CHT and Metcalf could do in the same back line. Hopefully we do not see that though, that would mean Princess is out.
The more I have been looking at his clips and his stats, I think his signing has flown under the radar and that he is a big get for next year.

I forgot about how CHT and Walsh started to really gel together. Feeling a liitle excited about CHT now!
The more I have been looking at his clips and his stats, I think his signing has flown under the radar and that he is a big get for next year.

He left the game a good player that is for sure, he was coming along for the Warriors and played that fantastic send off in an international star studded team.

Will be VERY interesting to see what Webster does with him since originally he was signed as possibly an SJ replacement (no way of knowing the weighting of that statement in the minds of the Coach other than the facts from the outside, i.e SJ was not going to be extended and CHT was signed).

TMM 3 wins 5 losses (including playoffs)
Metcalf 10 wins 2 losses
CHT at 58th next to SJ
2 Wins 8 losses

CHT 8 losses were all in a row after getting 2 wins up front. Would make anyone want to quit.
Yep that aligns with what I’d have guessed and Metcalf remains my pick. I think he’s got plenty of upside in terms of kicking game, maybe passing game and I’m sure defence to work on.

I think his speed and x-factor have opposition teams considering him as a threat and hang on him accordingly, creating space elsewhere in the line that can be leveraged using a quick short passing game.

Anyway - Metcalf for me 😂

I went to reply to one of the scorpion kick haters but agree we have to move the convo here.

This is a better highlight clip to judge CHT on.
They're not all side steps and line breaks, but he has an involvement in all 7 Warriors tries. Some of them are simple passes, some have subtle straightening of the line, some kicks had some luck and some kicks were pin point. But this is the example of the skill set that Webster will have to work with.

View: https://youtu.be/Trd-oVTyx1w?si=QIRZQfrrBUSki8kY

‘Involvement’ is probably a bit generous, as first receiver he SHOULD be getting the ball. In terms of the 7 tries in that clip I’d only credit 2 that were a direct result of his involvement.
1 Manly collision resulted in a error- luck
2 Was a Nikorima short ball to put Katoa in a gap
3 Was Hiku drawing and committing 2 defenders and getting a ball away
4 no CHT involvement
5 Yes great Grubber from CHT to Katoa
6 Yes CHT put up a contested kick which we scored off
7 Nikorima short ball put KEIGHRAN into space.

Good to see CHT with some involvement but his halves partner arguably outplayed him- and we are talking Nikorima here

Back