• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Warriors General News

It's a close one AFB and Barnett, but I would say Barnett was more influential, and grew into a real leader! Would not have minded any of those two winning, super happy for Barnett!
I hear you bro. But, It's player of the year not nice guy, leader of the year lol. What was done on feild. Addin powered up feild for us, Made his tackles, played long ass minutes plus scored tries.

NZWarriors.com
I hear you bro. But, It's player of the year not nice guy, leader of the year lol. What was done on feild. Addin powered up feild for us, Made his tackles, played long ass minutes plus scored tries.
For the Dally MP’s you drop out of contention if suspended. Your top dog needs to be a role model.

AFB’s being dropped mid season might have ruled him out of the top gong?

No questioning his consistency, but shouldn’t this be expected of a player earning $1.05 million and our marquee signing for that coin. For me it’s no comparison to what SJ did last year on $550-$600k, and I personally think what Barnett has done this season is the correct call with how the awards have been passed out. Doesn’t mean it will happen but clarkeys league column has AFB and Barnett as his dally m props this year

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Eh, No matter how good they were for the business, I don't know if anyone can expect to win Employee of the Year after their boss had to stand them down for a week, and after they tried to hand in their notice letter that year.

Can't really complain when the person it went to instead was promoted to team leader halfway through the year either.

Is this analogy working? lol

Last edited:
Shit, I loved what Barney had done for the club this year. But Addin is by far our best player 2024. Feels like what the nrl did to sj last year.

Respectfully, disagree. Barney was the heart and soul of this team this year.

AFB was exceptional and played amazing for a guy who was leaving. Others, a certain recent drunk driver comes to mind haven't shown that sort of dedication.

Ignoring that AFB is leaving; attitude wise, Barney was God tier in lifting those around him.

Respectfully, disagree. Barney was the heart and soul of this team this year.

AFB was exceptional and played amazing for a guy who was leaving. Others, a certain recent drunk driver comes to mind haven't shown that sort of dedication.

Ignoring that AFB is leaving; attitude wise, Barney was God tier in lifting those around him.
Barney is a beast. Still disagree, Respectfully. Addin did everything he could bar kick goals to lift our team as well.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Short of playing g halfback there wasn't much more that Addin could have done as a prop to contribute to the team. He was the spearhead of our go forward. Got our team into the killzone most weeks multiple times only for our killzone attack to misfire.

Addin for my vote and opinion
Addin was prop of the year last year wasnt he?

Well this year, he has had more tackle breaks per game, more post contact metres per game, higher tackle efficency, higher average metres per game.

Only thing that was lower per game from last year was offloads per game.

All whilst performing in a very underperforming team.

Addin was prop of the year last year wasnt he?

Well this year, he has had more tackle breaks per game, more post contact metres per game, higher tackle efficency, higher average metres per game.

Only thing that was lower per game from last year was offloads per game.

All whilst performing in a very underperforming team.
And 8 tries to his name. A Tackle Efficiency of 95.9% also.

A slight change of subject …
There is a bar in Brisbane next to Suncorp and it’s just been renamed , the Beetson Bar, after Big Ardie, meantime we have the Fulltime Bar.
Back to the POY talk …

A slight change of subject …
There is a bar in Brisbane next to Suncorp and it’s just been renamed , the Beetson Bar, after Big Ardie, meantime we have the Fulltime Bar.
Back to the POY talk …
Its just an investment vehicle for the Warriors. Just like the 7/8 bedder in Auckland. Its not supposed to be a Warriors specific bar despite how they may try to spin it to the fanbase.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back