• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
So for the Bulldogs this year, Curran has played in only two more games than last year and averaged only four more minutes per game. So clearly the Bulldogs don’t trust him either and he should have a sook and go find a new club

It's a dummy spit 101 for sure.

The only facts worth reporting is he wasn't going to be offered a deal beyond his current one.

Nothing more too it in my eyes.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
So we're getting an unknown hooker, a known rugby player, losing an unknown outside back to make room for that known rugby player, RTS made an instagram post, and Josh Curran was hungover at his end of year review.

Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives.

So for the Bulldogs this year, Curran has played in only two more games than last year and averaged only four more minutes per game. So clearly the Bulldogs don’t trust him either and he should have a sook and go find a new club
Realise you are taking the piss a bit however he’s obviously playing middle this year, so minutes aren’t comparable. Separately, both Ford & Niukore were bloody disappointing for us this year.

Lots of rumours going through Facebook threads at the moment from the one above through to letting a player go due to a scandal being covered up by the club

I'll believe nothing, especially Facebook, until the club make an announcement themselves
That scandal part is a bit ominous, makes me nervous and dread to think what's been going on this year that might come out.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Lots of rumours going through Facebook threads at the moment from the one above through to letting a player go due to a scandal being covered up by the club

I'll believe nothing, especially Facebook, until the club make an announcement themselves

My sources told me it’s the same player that ate all the Mrs AFB brownies secretly causing AFB to quit, more to come in the next 24 hours…

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
On the outside back leaving.

We’re in a situation where none of our outside backs bar DWZ is locked in.

Ali, Pompey and Berry fighting for centre

Montoya and RTS fighting for a wing

CNK and Tuaupiki (and RTS?) fighting for fullback.

It’s good for the club but bad for players and it’s inevitable when first grade standard players are going to miss out they will look for other opportunities.

I have no clue who it is but my guesses could be Berry (just disappeared with ‘nerve damage’ and never seen again.

DWZ rumour earlier in the year he might head to super league?

Obviously RTS with his inability to nail a spot. Without being disrespectful, when the going for tough in Aussies and union he looked for other options.

On the Cleary slap incident.

I don’t put too much weight in it. Yes, it’s not good and shouldn’t happen but the context is important. It was at a training session. Was he being pushed beyond his limits? Given harsh feedback when he was physically exhausted?

Black mark against his name and a learning curve for the player but league is all about taking young hormone fuelled bulls and channeling them into weapons on the field. Lots of players do off field stuff but get a pathway back.

A good coach will move on, reset and take it as a challenge to still get the most out of him. It seems this is the route Cleary has taken. Club first.

If there are serious character flaws, he will eventually be moved on.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
On the rumour floating around saying Newtown Hooker Sam Healey, son of Mitch, is off to Auckland on a 3 year deal. The poster reckons Lussick is leaving but potentially could stay if the club persists with Roache in the halves. Healey is 22 years old with 30 something NSW Cup caps. Got a run for the Sharks in the last 2 Preseason Challenges.
*Looks like the fella on Facebook has deleted the post for what that's worth

Last edited:
On the rumour floating around saying Newtown Hooker Sam Healey, son of Mitch, is off to Auckland on a 3 year deal. The poster reckons Lussick is leaving but potentially could stay if the club persists with Roache in the halves. Healey is 22 years old with 30 something NSW Cup caps. Got a run for the Sharks in the last 2 Preseason Challenges.
*Looks like the fella on Facebook has deleted the post for what that's worth

Had a look at his highlights last night when I saw his name. Looks a handy player

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back