• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
A better question would be - what were my views 3 to 4 years ago on Issako. Nikora and Marshall King when I made those statements I am being held to account for. At that stage all three were in my bottom dregs of the NRL. They have all improved since quite remarkably in the case on Isaako and Marshall King.
I have been slow to revise my opinion of them even though probably to be fair to them I should. For now out of stubborness I will retain my skeptecism towards all three of them and as such recommend the Warriors not recruit them due to the inconsistent output of their entire career from a long term perspective notwithstanding again they have been very strong in 2024 and 2023.
Go hard Wrighty, all good

Damn, NSW players player & player of the year. I’d be hanging onto him if possible. He can’t be on an expensive deal, young kiwi, versatile (wing/centre), and has performed well in first grade. He’s 2 injuries/form away from a starting spot. I understand but I’d be wanting to keep him
3 injuries I reckon. 2024 was brutal for centre injuries, and he still wasn't in the mix much. Yes, he has upside, but it is about depth in position within the top 30. We need his spot to be designated to another position imo.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
3 injuries I reckon. 2024 was brutal for centre injuries, and he still wasn't in the mix much. Yes, he has upside, but it is about depth in position within the top 30. We need his spot to be designated to another position imo.
I’ve got berry & Ali as 1 & 2 currently with rts on the wing. If Marcelo is released, one centre goes down Pompey is up. 2 centres down, we’d either need to move rts & play kosi 🤮, or MGT is up, keeping rts on a wing

Reactions: CWC
I’ve got berry & Ali as 1 & 2 currently with rts on the wing. If Marcelo is released, one centre goes down Pompey is up. 2 centres down, we’d either need to move rts & play kosi 🤮, or MGT is up, keeping rts on a wing
I think the third scenario is that CNK is centre (if Webby doesn't have him there sooner), RTS at the back and a new signing at wing. I don't see us starting 2025 without an outside back signing.

We've got established centres in Ali, Rocco & Adam. Rts & Charnze can play there. Sio Kali is a up & coming gun. Eddie Ieremia-Toeava has held his own filling in at centre. Just a bit congested in that position and something had to give. Sad to see him go. But fully understand why the club would tap him on the shoulder.
Yeah agree fully with Sio Kali looking like he has something special. The games he played at centre in cup he was a constant threat. Good evasive skills, power, and has the Gidley flick

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We've got established centres in Ali, Rocco & Adam. Rts & Charnze can play there. Sio Kali is a up & coming gun. Eddie Ieremia-Toeava has held his own filling in at centre. Just a bit congested in that position and something had to give. Sad to see him go. But fully understand why the club would tap him on the shoulder.
He can play wing for kosi surely? He's got the pace everyone talks about. Convert him to the wing.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He's off to the Dolphins, DT.
Sounds like they’ve come to an agreement. He mentioned another club’s interest recently, but likely dolphins. Sounds like Welch to eels at seasons end. Hope if we are recruiting a front rower, it’s a younger up and comer like Thompson or Willison. I see Fonua Pole has chosen to go to market too. We’ve got the leaders in place to set the example for these younger guys in JFH, Barnett, Capewell, Tohu, TMM, RTS, CNK, DWZ

Sounds like they’ve come to an agreement. He mentioned another club’s interest recently, but likely dolphins. Sounds like Welch to eels at seasons end. Hope if we are recruiting a front rower, it’s a younger up and comer like Thompson or Willison. I see Fonua Pole has chosen to go to market too. We’ve got the leaders in place to set the example for these younger guys in JFH, Barnett, Capewell, Tohu, TMM, RTS, CNK, DWZ
I’ve heard Welch to broncos

I’ve heard Welch to broncos
Ezra September 14, 2024 at 7:43pm

Hearing we have signed Christian welsh . Announced at end of year once mlb have finished there season

This is off the eels forum yesterday. Could see there still be things going on behind the scenes and broncos are the other team interested. Broncos had to pull out of the race for RCG because of salary cap constraints, Welch would be much cheaper. Also storm assistant Ryles off to eels could see Welch land there?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back