• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
I don't rate Turuva. Hunt or Bird and the Warriors more keenly astute team would not acquire any of them.
To be fair tho Wrighty u never rated Jeremy Marshall King and Jamayne Isaako and those guys have come up diamonds ;)

Turuva is probably better than any centre/wing on our books atm, Hunt pending on your prop rotation would be a very handy interchange impact prop......and Bird im not too fussed about.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
I don't rate Turuva. Hunt or Bird and the Warriors more keenly astute team would not acquire any of them.
We have chased Korosaiu previously- we would have taken Luai - maybe we didn't want him because of his grating attitude though.
Hunt has been huge this year. Massive impact off the bench

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Dragons apparently pull their offer for Hunt, Its like watching a toxic relationship on a trashy reality TV show those two.. If the Tits get him like they were trying to at the start of the year, surely something has to give with Campbell, Brimson, or Kini??

All are too good to not be starting, even if for only a year before Foran rides off into the sunset.

Just baseless speculation on my part, but I would cut Taine and Charnze loose in a heartbeat for Keano.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Royce Hunt is a luxury item that you carry on your bench if - you have supremely fit props who play big minutes, Then you can have him come on for 10 - 15 min spells each half and fuck shit up. He is a human wrecking ball that can hurt people.

The type you want to come on vs teams like the storm who beat you up and wear you down. Gives those around him a lift of energy and hypes them up with a huge run or big hit. Yes, In very short spurts....

We could of done with a player like him. Jazz, Bless his heart! Tried to be that guy. Barney would too. But most times he was exhausted from playing big minutes. We had fit work horse props. Lacked a big impact player. Players like Royce are undervalued because of the short minutes. Ive always had a soft spot for players like Royce or our very own Iafeta Paleasina.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Well, Now I tihnk about it. Barney at lock would be nice? Lock is a hybrid between a prop & a secondrower. Barney is a tackling machine & can ball play a little. He'd do well. JFH & Leota starting props, Sifakula & Ahem, Xavier Willison off the bench? (Wishful thinking)
Halasima & Capewell backrow. Tohu off the bench so he doesn't have to endure the ferocity of the first 15 mins. I like the balance with Halasima there. Speed , Power , Talent.
And mulitalo, no worries!

anyone keep hearing walker back to Australia? Wonder if the roosters would do a trade for Naufahu Whyte, even with JWH leaving they’re still stacked with middles

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So according to a News Corp study. Wayne Egan is in less than 320k. If so, well played Cappy.

I don’t believe it for a second btw.

How much do people seriously (and I mean seriously) think CNK is on? 450-550k? Maybe less.
On the topic of those shitty lists.. I saw someone say that Niukores salary has been incorrectly calculated over 3 years rather than 4. And that makes so much more sense to me

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...ata-niukore-on-fouryear-deal-worth-25-million

Reported 2.5m deal.
Over 4 years = 625k

But one of the numpties has calculated 2.5m over 3 years = 840k

On the topic of those shitty lists.. I saw someone say that Niukores salary has been incorrectly calculated over 3 years rather than 4. And that makes so much more sense to me

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...ata-niukore-on-fouryear-deal-worth-25-million

Reported 2.5m deal.
Over 4 years = 625k

$840K (or thereabouts) is correct. He is one of the highest paid Warriors, behind Tohu, and one of the highest paid NRL 2nd rowers.

Reported 2.5m deal.
Over 4 years = 625k

This shows that from 2023 the salary cap went up and everyone with clauses in their contract got an 18% pay rise in line with the cap going up.

I remember we signed Addin for about $800k or so and then nek minute he was over a mill, so I think this is what's happened

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back