28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
If rumours are true, Would try and retire Harris and release capewell if we’re going after RCG, that’s too many towards over 30.

Brown would make a unreal full back as well

Brown
Kali
Nicoll-Klokstad
Leiataua
Tuivasa-scheck
Metcalf
Johnson
Fisher-Harris
Egan
Barnett
Ford
Niukore
Sifakula

Walker
Ale
Zyon Maiu’u
Laban

This is a good team but I really think the most likely outcome is that Metcalf heads back. Taine I reckon is long term fullback if we can keep him

All things considered, I think we wouldn't have to make too many moves to get Brown on board.

If Jazz doesn't resign this year that's an extra 400k for next year.
For 2025 we would have too many halves in:
SJ
Brown
TMM
Metcalf
Cleary
Hanson
CHT

I think if Brown came Nek year, Metcalf would probably leave, and as a young half with upside he'd get picked up somewhere else, so his 500k would then be put to Brown. So that's 900k right there.

Then, in 2025 you likely have Tohu and SJ retiring and we have another 1.4 mill to spend for 2026

Brown would be a good get. Similar to when we signed CHT last year you would expect someone needs to get squeezed out. That is assuming Johnson plays on. If he retires then there is a slot available in the roster.

I would be surprised if it happens. We have been down that road before when he wasn't off contract and ended up disappointed. We might be a more appealing destination now.

RCG I would have been more excited about a few years ago. Sometimes it might be better to leave a player if you think their best years are behind them. He could play a defined role or be used to help mentor some of the juniors. That was part of the reason we signed Capewell. JFH can also help there.

I'm not sure on exactly how many spots we have available. It can be a bit hard to determine as we don't know who the club wants to promote into the 30. There may need to be a few move on.

What is the story with AFB getting an early release is this official or talk, if so surely we would get a replacement this year.

Brown would be a good get. Similar to when we signed CHT last year you would expect someone needs to get squeezed out. That is assuming Johnson plays on. If he retires then there is a slot available in the roster.

I would be surprised if it happens. We have been down that road before when he wasn't off contract and ended up disappointed. We might be a more appealing destination now.

RCG I would have been more excited about a few years ago. Sometimes it might be better to leave a player if you think their best years are behind them. He could play a defined role or be used to help mentor some of the juniors. That was part of the reason we signed Capewell. JFH can also help there.

I'm not sure on exactly how many spots we have available. It can be a bit hard to determine as we don't know who the club wants to promote into the 30. There may need to be a few move on.
Have to be careful thinking that players are past it sometimes. Barnett probably didn’t turn too many heads when he was picked up but has been a great addition and the club was probably drawn to his professional work ethic too. Jackson Ford younger but still probably not attracting much attention when he came over. I could see RCG going in the Barnett direction if this did eventuate, he has that professionalism and career winding up will be hungry for a premiership before he hangs up his boots. With public interest in Micheal Chee Kam and Alex Seyfarth, as I’ve mentioned before that Webster is obviously looking at height. Out of those that fit that prerequisite RCG would be up there for me. I see it mentioned yesterday that Utoikamanu will likely go to market, another I’d look at. Highest on my list though would be Xavier Willison but I’d back Webster to get the best out of RCG if they pursued it

Have to be careful thinking that players are past it sometimes. Barnett probably didn’t turn too many heads when he was picked up but has been a great addition and the club was probably drawn to his professional work ethic too. Jackson Ford younger but still probably not attracting much attention when he came over. I could see RCG going in the Barnett direction if this did eventuate, he has that professionalism and career winding up will be hungry for a premiership before he hangs up his boots. With public interest in Micheal Chee Kam and Alex Seyfarth, as I’ve mentioned before that Webster is obviously looking at height. Out of those that fit that prerequisite RCG would be up there for me. I see it mentioned yesterday that Utoikamanu will likely go to market, another I’d look at. Highest on my list though would be Xavier Willison but I’d back Webster to get the best out of RCG if they pursued it
If we sign him I'd look at him closer like have done with previous signings. I did that with Barnett, so the year we signed him he was one of the guys I was looking forward to the most.

I've been a fan of RCG in the past. But at the moment I'm not looking at him closely.

One thing about him I'd hope he keeps his big moustache for a while. My kids say he looks like Dr Robotnik of the latest Sonic the Hedgehog movies.

If we sign him I'd look at him closer like have done with previous signings. I did that with Barnett, so the year we signed him he was one of the guys I was looking forward to the most.

I've been a fan of RCG in the past. But at the moment I'm not looking at him closely.

One thing about him I'd hope he keeps his big moustache for a while. My kids say he looks like Dr Robotnik of the latest Sonic the Hedgehog movies.
Think we were only competing against knights for Barnett’s signature and he was a bit maligned around that time for throwing an elbow out as he ran past a panthers player in what was a pretty dirty act. Eels aren’t going well in general so no spotlight shone on anyone there at present, Junior Paulo really going backwards. Looks like a team really down on confidence. Ethan Sanders gone to raiders, Talagi apparently not far from heading to dragons, something there is causing players to depart

Think we were only competing against knights for Barnett’s signature and he was a bit maligned around that time for throwing an elbow out as he ran past a panthers player in what was a pretty dirty act. Eels aren’t going well in general so no spotlight shone on anyone there at present, Junior Paulo really going backwards. Looks like a team really down on confidence. Ethan Sanders gone to raiders, Talagi apparently not far from heading to dragons, something there is causing players to depart

I don't know where we would put him or how much he costs, but would we consider Talagi? He seems a talent and is actively looking for a club, has he got any kiwi connections?

I don't know where we would put him or how much he costs, but would we consider Talagi? He seems a talent and is actively looking for a club, has he got any kiwi connections?
Looks a great prospect, these young guys are quite resilient. Got smashed and opened him up last weekend and still was digging in. Fullback, centre and five eighth is where he’s been used so far but apparently sees himself as a centre

I read a comment sometime during the week that Brown has a release clause in his contract if Arthur was to be sacked. And that is where all the rumours are stemming from.

Haven't seen that clause confirmed anywhere legitimate though.
I think that rumour was shot down by eels management. They said no current or incoming players have that clause. I'll try find the article.

Back