28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Did people just forget how our players were dropping like flies, we need to spend on forwards not wingers lol

TMM can share with Metcalf at 7 when SJ is done, then you have Hansen, Cleary and CHT could be a bolter if Webby transforms his ability, Brown is a gun 6
Brown's an upgrade on any 6 we have, could be deadly with SJ. Other Shaun + TMM backups for both halves spots.

Still need another elite prop.

Don't we? Not saying RCG's the answer but next next year we're running with Fish, Bunty, Barney and possibly Tohu and Marata with experience up front, the rest are pretty green, is that enough go forward for the squad?

Relative to depth in the backs we definitely do not need another forward. Especially not one that isn't versatile, and comes with a hefty price tag. Our forwards haven't gone too bad this year, all things considered.

Relative to depth in the backs we definitely do not need another forward. Especially not one that isn't versatile, and comes with a hefty price tag. Our forwards haven't gone too bad this year, all things considered.
I take your point but still don't like our prop depth up against top 4 packs like Sharks and Broncs. Agree about RCG at what he'd be asking.

I take your point but still don't like our prop depth up against top 4 packs like Sharks and Broncs. Agree about RCG at what he'd be asking.

Yeah I mean I'd take him at $400k. Just not at top tier prop pricing which I'm sure he'd want. Also plenty of Sydney clubs around who'd be keen on him. Although it's probably all a moot point as doubt he's after a release.

The one area in the forwards we do lack is a proper attacking backrower. Someone who runs hard lines and is a genuine line break threat and offload threat (a la Kikau, Olakau'atu etc). Would be happy to throw coin at someone in that ballpark.

Wouldn't the roosters throw some big money at him?
Probably. They seem to be attached to heaps of players on the market and not on the market. Eels also have Blaze Talagi to consider, though sounding like dragons are closing in? Roosters have picked up Niwhai Puru and Mawene Hiroti, though likely for nsw cup. Many more to come likely

Probably. They seem to be attached to heaps of players on the market and not on the market. Eels also have Blaze Talagi to consider, though sounding like dragons are closing in? Roosters have picked up Niwhai Puru and Mawene Hiroti, though likely for nsw cup. Many more to come likely
I love that the Roosters are missing out on there targets & getting no one of note. Warms the cockles of my heart

Look, I'd love Brown at the club. But this compassionate release shit is getting old. Just honour your fucking contract and put your big boy pants on & deal with whatever it is that is making you sad on your down time. They're earning ridiculous money. Amounts we can only dream about.
Fuck em. It’s been done to us plenty and will continue to be. If it brings us our maiden premiership I don’t care. Come home Kiwis and win a title for your country. Handy at origin time having strong Kiwi players

Look, I'd love Brown at the club. But this compassionate release shit is getting old. Just honour your fucking contract and put your big boy pants on & deal with whatever it is that is making you sad on your down time. They're earning ridiculous money. Amounts we can only dream about.

You are confusing loyalty with contract law - not the same thing. You have to understand that in this day and age there is no place for loyalty.

These guys honour their contracts to the letter by correctly undertaking release requests as set out in the contract they sign.

I laugh when people say contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. It's the opposite, these contracts protect both parties.

If rumours are true, Would try and retire Harris and release capewell if we’re going after RCG, that’s too many towards over 30.

Brown would make a unreal full back as well

Brown
Kali
Nicoll-Klokstad
Leiataua
Tuivasa-scheck
Metcalf
Johnson
Fisher-Harris
Egan
Barnett
Ford
Niukore
Sifakula

Walker
Ale
Zyon Maiu’u
Laban

Last edited:
If rumours are true, Would try and retire Harris and release capewell if we’re going after RCG, that’s too many towards over 30.

Brown would make a unreal full back as well

Brown
Kali
Nicoll-Klokstad
Leiataua
Tuivasa-scheck
Metcalf
Johnson
Campbell-Gillard
Egan
Barnett
Ford
Niukore
Sifakula

Walker
Ale
Zyon Maiu’u
Laban
You left out Fisher-Harris there, but anyway this RCG link to us is pretty vague bordering on clutching at straws, I'll believe it when I see it.

Back