• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
JFH isn’t like AFB at all. You could argue that Webby is kinda over relying on AFB. Which gives him a little more flexibility with the bench. It’ll be interesting if he gives JFH similar minutes as AFB (which would “improve” JFH’s stats).

I agree with most that JFH is an improvement on AFB, in his own ways. Certainly not stats wise, certainly not over the last couple of years. JFH has had very impressive numbers in the past though. Is JFH a benefactor of a superior system? Maybe……

TBH, when AFB said he was leaving. The player I dreamed of getting was Tapine. As a matter of fact, I’d probably still take Tapine over JFH.

I am extremely happy we are getting JFH. Just so there’s no confusion.

Last edited:
The sooner Yoko Ana goes the better
She's really rubbing it in how unhappy she is, isn't she?
Is Mrs AFB writing "Bridge Burner" on her CV under the "My Strengths" list? There's no way he'd be welcome back here or at Manly...

But I Think you've cracked it with the Yoko thing:
That's what will make AFB and Mrs AFB Happy! Give AFB The Number 9 jersey! That's his Dream...
That's how you impress Yokos...
Just make sure none of the other Warriors players read "Catcher In The Rye" 'cos it'll inspire them to kill AFB/Mrs AFB....

If CHT is smart he'll use this next 18 months and two preseasons to transition to that 14 role.

Imo he hasn't got enough to be an out an out half in the NRL - similar to both Dylan Walker and Connor Watson who reinvented theirselves as bench utilities and have excelled there.

If playing rugba leeg is what CHT really wants to do he needs to knuckle down and make himself an asset to the team. He could essentially play 25-50 minutes EVERY game for the next 9 years off the bench, filling in to the starting 13 when injury hits. Or he could press on as a half and struggle to nail down a spot like he has the last 5 years.
100 percent agree. Especially that Etuate Fukofuka might end up being that guy.

Hohaia is probably our best example of this. Very solid player in many positions but master of none. However when he had to start in the halves or fullback always performed admirably. Very good defensively also. CHT has similar attributes.
Yeah but Without the speed, short kicking game, long kicking game, step and ability to put someone into a gap.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Not sure whether it was a parody or for real but just saw on tic toc "Big Lez's League podcast" Quote, when you casually trade TMM for James Tedesco.

Last edited:
So we’ve got about a million to spend with Jazz, SJ out and JFH not paid as much as AFB….surely they can get a marquee player? I just want a clutch kicker like a fit SJ…
That million is not going to get much value when Tigers apparently have 2m, and Roosters 3m especially with the talent actually available. Few other teams with a bit of space available. From memory salary cap increasing by 400k to next year too....so yeah.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Oh, you mean a generational talent?
Yeah, if you know of anyone be sure to let Webber know?!!
To be fair there's plenty of guys who aren't generational talents who can consistently knock over kicks in the big moments. The likes of Burton or Fogerty come to mind. Even spuds like Tannah Boyd have beaten us with field goals.

I don't think we need a Cleary, but someone who doesn't spray half a dozen FGs from directly in front would be nice.

To be fair there's plenty of guys who aren't generational talents who can consistently knock over kicks in the big moments. The likes of Burton or Fogerty come to mind. Even spuds like Tannah Boyd have beaten us with field goals.

I don't think we need a Cleary, but someone who doesn't spray half a dozen FGs from directly in front would be nice.

Oh I see
You mean someone who can kick?

Taine Tuapiki.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Watching Fusitua’s younger bro play prop for Auckland in NPC and Super Rugby, looks a player, sadly not built for NRL and Xavier Tito-Harris who I am sure with us once upon a time. He is pure class

There are just so many issues with AFB leaving at the end of the year. He’s a gun, attitude seemingly a bit meh sometimes. But you really can’t fault his output over the last couple of seasons.

I’ve stated in previous posts, JFH is not like AFB. Not at all. There’s certainly a case that JFH is a better player over all. But there’s definitely a case that JFH benefits from a superior system.

When people suggest “he’ll sort out the dressing room”. What does that actually mean? Really?
JFH’s stats are certainly good, Ivan Cleary heavily fluctuates his minutes though. Anywhere between 45-70 mins.
AFB barely ever goes below 60 minutes. Webby almost runs him ragged. And they’re losing, no wonder he’s pissed.

Will Webby consistently use JFH like that?
How does this affect the bench?
Do we have to go back to a proper 4 prop rotation?
Can we consistently rely on the young guys?
So many questions…….

Of all the players in the NRL, JFH is certainly a good replacement for AFB. I guess after the RTS and Capewell (who’s actually playing ok now) signings. I guess my confidence has taken a hit that maybe he might not be the “right” signing.

None the less, I am still extremely happy we’ve signed JFH.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back