• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Just looking at our half stocks I would be happy with Metcalf in the 7 and Tavita at six, my only concern is Metcalf is made of glass
It will be interesting to see how Metcalf goes at 7 today in cup. I'm not sure he is ready for the 7 role in first grade yet but would be a handy enough 6 IMO. Still young enough though to develop as long as he can stay injury free.

Just looking at our half stocks I would be happy with Metcalf in the 7 and Tavita at six, my only concern is Metcalf is made of glass

Shiet you don't have any worries about Chanel at 6?

Imo he has never shown that he's a capable foil who can step up and make big plays when needed.

I think I'd rather have TMM and Metcalf, both have shown that separately they have something more to offer, and with a whole preseason together as the main halves pairing I think they can do a build a little more

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Apparently every club needs a Bunty.
How many of them are chasing him.
Not knocking the guy but we need better to be competitive.
And wtf would we waste a spot in our 30
with a player to mentor the Cup team forwards. Dumb stuff
Bunty has somehow gained this cult rep for being a glue type player.

He’s strong in front on defensive contact. Aside from that he’s sub par in just about every area.

I don’t even think he’s that hard working on the field at all tbh.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Bunty has somehow gained this cult rep for being a glue type player.

He’s strong in front on defensive contact. Aside from that he’s sub par in just about every area.

I don’t even think he’s that hard working on the field at all tbh.
Bunty love him or loathe him has been given every possible to become a regular fg player and still not there.
Time for change.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Fills a role for us in more ways than one. If someone else comes along that deserves a top 30 spot over him then the club will make the call. Currently, the 'experts' making noise about cutting him can't even provide a name of who that might be. 🙄
Then why is the rumor going around that the club trying to offload him? Seems like the club does not think he fills a role for us.

Then why is the rumor going around that the club trying to offload him? Seems like the club does not think he fills a role for us.
So, as I have said, not sure how it isn't clear, he fills a role for us. If the club decides there are better options they will make the call. Pretty simple really. Until then it's rumours. And still no name of anyone that should take his place currently. People saying he is taking a top 30 spot from a younger up and coming player. Who? Which one is it? Be interesting to know exactly how much he is on salary wise and who we can get while still balancing the cap.

Last edited:
So, as I have said, not sure how it isn't clear, he fills a role for us. If the club decides there are better options they will make the call. Pretty simple really. Until then it's rumours. And still no name of anyone that should take his place currently. Be interesting to know exactly how much he is on salary wise and who we can get while still balancing the cap.
Rumors and opinions

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
At what point do we seriosuly talk about Egan?

His extension was more than warranted but for me (and many) he has been a major dissapointment this year.

From a welfare standpoint I just can't see how we can continue to allow him to get knocked out multiple times a season.

His regression this season is a huge concern.
Ive mentioned it a few times in post match threads. Maybe in his profile thread and it's primarily out of concern for his long term health. I agree wholeheartedly with your take. We also have Lussick as a back up. Roache as potential. And anybody else who can pass from the ground at speed without getting a back injury or hamstring strains

Ive mentioned it a few times in post match threads. Maybe in his profile thread and it's primarily out of concern for his long term health. I agree wholeheartedly with your take. We also have Lussick as a back up. Roache as potential. And anybody else who can pass from the ground at speed without getting a back injury or hamstring strains
Lussick also appears to have an impenetrable neck. Useful in frontline defence

Fills a role for us in more ways than one. If someone else comes along that deserves a top 30 spot over him then the club will make the call. Currently, the 'experts' making noise about cutting him can't even provide a name of who that might be. 🙄
Well, the experts making noise about cutting the coach can't even provide a name for who his replacement might be, so fair to say that's what "Experts" do. Call for the current guy to go and just leave an empty spot until "someone better" magically appears.
Some with SJ's replacement. CHT, TMM and LM aren't up to it, but I'm not hearing any names for who could replace them...And maybe a full off-season with SJ purely coaching not worrying about his own training might start to solve the problem, anyway...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back