D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Depends on who else we need to sign, forwards seem sorted with gun juniors coming through, hookers covered, centres stacked, I wouldn’t sign a wing when RTS can play until upended by younger wings, FB is covered, TMM at 7 and there aren’t any premiere 7 out there, 6 with 2 injury prone players and there is a young established gun kiwi 6 maybe available…. I think we still have extras to upgrade with AFB, SJ and Tohu $, and Jazz if needed even if we shed 1.1-1.2M?
as someone mentioned before, another dylan walker type player would be great, especially with tohu on his last legs

NZWarriors.com
Depends on who else we need to sign, forwards seem sorted with gun juniors coming through, hookers covered, centres stacked, I wouldn’t sign a wing when RTS can play until upended by younger wings, FB is covered, TMM at 7 and there aren’t any premiere 7 out there, 6 with 2 injury prone players and there is a young established gun kiwi 6 maybe available…. I think we still have extras to upgrade with AFB, SJ and Tohu $, and Jazz if needed even if we shed 1.1-1.2M?
If this year doesn’t work out in the coming weeks, we should rest sj for the rest of the year and if he’s keen get him 100% for next year. Don’t know what’s happened with him this year probs injury, but we need him to win a premiership. Partner him with Metcalf or CHT, Te Maire back up 7.

Would take Brown to play fullback thou

Reactions: CWC
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Anyone know how Fukofuka is playing this year in Flegg? Played some Cup last year & given a Development Contract but no appearances in reserve grade this year. Looks to have converted from Hooker to Lock. Is he potentially Walkers replacement in 2026?
I’d guess he’s out of the plans now

Fyi he was given that development contract as part of signing him when he was in high school. He was highly sought after and they signed him to a contract that guaranteed a development deal in the second year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
1. CNK
2. Marata
3. TMM
4. Walker
5. Metcalf
6. Barnett
7. Webby

I think these new faces kept the team fresh and motivated. They complimented perfectly with SJ, Tohu, AFB and Egan.

1. RTS
2. Capewell
3. CHT

With these additions we lost Curran, Sironen & Volkman. It hasn’t been the same.

2025 - we lose AFB, add JFH

I feel we need to move SJ, Tohu, Jazz, Montoya and Pompey. They need to be replaced with a mix of new recruits who will come with a point to prove. A fresh start.

The problem with extending our current players is they lose that desire to prove a point.

It’s tricky. Getting that recruitment balance right is so important

Pompey is the only bloke from that list id consider keeping, and I'd add RTS to the see ya column

Unbelievable that the broncos are about to debut another big front rower in Va’a Semu at 194cm and 110kg. They surely can’t keep all of them. Looking over at broncos forum yesterday, I was heartened to see a poster say they won’t be able to keep Willison because of Haas’ $1.2 million pay packet. Also interested to see this morning that knights have hit a stumbling block in re signing Leo Thompson with salary cap issues. Apparently teams are watching that space with interest. I could see us being one?

Unbelievable that the broncos are about to debut another big front rower in Va’a Semu at 194cm and 110kg. They surely can’t keep all of them. Looking over at broncos forum yesterday, I was heartened to see a poster say they won’t be able to keep Willison because of Haas’ $1.2 million pay packet. Also interested to see this morning that knights have hit a stumbling block in re signing Leo Thompson with salary cap issues. Apparently teams are watching that space with interest. I could see us being one?
We will have a massive war chest available with how many off contract players we have at the end of next year. Will be Interesting to see how Webby utilises it

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So 2-3 props likely to target but what about our juniors? They'd have to release a couple to get it done and keep homegrown kids, Jazz, Afoa, ?Ford, ?RTS

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
It’s been plain to see that Robinson is willing to make big calls and go after the best. Hughes falls into that echelon. To me, he and Dylan Brown are the best out there that fit the Warriors
To actually be a top team we need the likes of a half combo of those 2.
Other teams do, and it shows every week. Our forwards are doing their job and getting let down by inferior backs.

To actually be a top team we need the likes of a half combo of those 2.
Other teams do, and it shows every week. Our forwards are doing their job and getting let down by inferior backs.
Think our back 5 is great at times and take a lot of pressure off our forwards. When considering halves, there seems to be plenty of teams that are playing with one dominant halve. Brooks started good at manly at five eighth but it’s largely gone back to the DCE show as the years gone on. Hughes at storm, Luai at panthers, Foran at titans and the list goes on. The loss of Reynolds at the broncos has coincided with a big dip in form for them which could highlight how much input the dominant halve has on results? SJ for whatever reason whether that be under injury cloud hasn’t been able to replicate that form from last year into this one. I would be looking to hold onto TMM but the last game highlighted how kicking is an issue with him as the dominant 7. Think he’s definitely a playmaker and either Hughes or Brown could be a good halves partner for him. Brown because of his speed, defence and has a kicking game. SJ’s over dominance in the games he’s played in has been an issue but I think a Hughes/TMM combo could work too. Hughes has had to play alongside another high profile halve up until this year in Munster and they’ve made it work. If I had my choice, we’d be adding another halve to play alongside TMM and keeping him at the club. Would also want SJ to re sign but at a reasonable figure and potentially be back up 7 if he can’t get back to first choice

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back