Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
We won't be releasing Barnett this year anyway similar to AFB.

Next year I wouldn't be too worried if he was with us or not tbh due to age/salary and the fact that he seems to miss a chunk of the season through suspension or injury. Those things don't usually improve with age.

We won't be releasing Barnett this year anyway similar to AFB.

Next year I wouldn't be too worried if he was with us or not tbh due to age/salary and the fact that he seems to miss a chunk of the season through suspension or injury. Those things don't usually improve with age.
Totally agree, not bothered either way. A few rumours previously about him maybe being homesick so if he wants to go, let him.

Totally agree, not bothered either way. A few rumours previously about him maybe being homesick so if he wants to go, let him.
Could be a completely new front row combination for 2025 if the Warriors were to release him citing wanting to return to aussie? Feel like there’s a strong likelihood we end up with BHU, with the remainder of that money that was AFB’s we could get another prop for that using Barnett’s money? We could also get a top tier prop with Jazz’s money added too? Problem is no one of note coming off contract when we need, we’d perhaps need to use Barnett to free up someone? Likely Niukore shifts to front row full time perhaps? Even then, as good as Barnett is, he’s not going to free up a million dollar forward un less it’s on compassionate grounds. Still could need money for if SJ doesn’t play in 2025 too?

If Barney did want out of his last year, I'd be telling him the Warriors wont be paying a cent of his 2025 contract. I'd like him to stay his contract term, but would hope by 2026 we'd have someone internally to replace him.

But do we believe a random dude on a Bunnies forum? Shit no.

Aussies think they are extremely able travelers, but I think we can say 90% are home boys who just want to stay close to mum.

Barnett was a Brown signing while we were based in Aussie. I fully expected him to jump ship rather than come here under a new coach last year.

Just great he stayed committed and has honoured his contract.
But don't discount being coached by webby and a chance to win a premiership, isn't that why you play? Surely he can see where this place is headed.

[IMG alt="Rabbits21"]https://prideoftheleague.com/data/avatars/m/0/30.jpg?1695258786[/IMG]

Rabbits21

Grand Master​

Interesting from Spud off the Warren who is often very reliable with his info. Again this is a rumours thread so thought I’d post it here

I’ve returned from NZ!!! I caught up with my people.

1- Tom approached the club, was told to prove himself. Told them what do you think I’ve done over the past 200 games. Body is feeling good and wants to achieve 250 games. See what happens.

2- Caleb - 2025. I’ll leave that as that for now.

3- Certain players at the club were placed on diets to lose weight. All have either achieved the set goal or are close.

4- Interesting one - The club 4 weeks ago was talking with Mitch Barnett. He’s a bit home sick!!! Nothing has eventuated but I found it odd.

5- JD has a set time to achieve a KPI. Wasn’t told details of the KPI or the time but I replied that I’m guessing it’s first half of the season and I got a few smiles.

6- The club is still in constant contact with Sammy.

As always, love yas and Kia Ora.
This Spud c#nt's pretty controversial on the bunnies sites, they're worried he might sue them now. Could be a good source ...it's not you is it mate?