Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Man this has been a chaotic first round. The first two games scored well then the worst scores I’ve ever seen after that. Then you add the Carty Party Kerfuffle (amazing name by the way) and it’s been madness. First timers must be wondering what’s going on.
I can almost guarantee first timers scored better than me and this is my 6th season :ROFLMAO:

I won my first game / match up
What do I do now? Do I trade out anyone who is injured or has a bye? Is that my next step.
You guys said it would take 6 or 7 rounds to figure out what is going on so I am lost as what I should I be doing to prepare for round 2?

I got 707 and won.
That never happens.
I played Wahzaks who appeared not to have a captain.
You’re 100% right, was debating about who to make my captain and between the indecisiveness, doing SuperCoach as well and just being glad the NRL is back I never ended up making anyone my captain. Amateur stuff lol.

I won my first game / match up
What do I do now? Do I trade out anyone who is injured or has a bye? Is that my next step.
You guys said it would take 6 or 7 rounds to figure out what is going on so I am lost as what I should I be doing to prepare for round 2?
Things get a fair bit simpler and a fair bit more complicated now.
You have 44 trades you can use over the next 26 rounds. You can currently make 2 trades per round
Your job in to transform your team into a points scoring beast. To do this you need to increase its value so you can buy more guns.
You want to sell the players who aren't "keepers" or aren't making money and replace them with players who are guns or will make money. All the while keeping a competitive 17 scoring players playing each week. You use trades to do this. But if you burn all your trades you're in trouble.

My first step each week is i look at my team and decide who needs to be sold. Hopefully that's none, usually there are players you want gone. You then look to see how much cash you will have once you have sold those players and see who the best players you can buy with that cash.
Currently im leaning to selling Mcinnes and Silitli and buying Fogarty and Roosters May

Heres the justification

Mcinnes didnt get enough minutes to be profitable, So will likely bleed cash.
Sitili scored low and killed his BE and looked pretty underwhelming on the feild. To be fair hes almost certainly a hold and once the rage has subsided i will likely keep him for now.

Fogarty did what was expected and took all the kick meters and base stats in the game. He looks good. He kicked for 800m in that game though, which is unsustainable.
May scored well, looked great and the coach is raving about him. Plus Leniu is going to out for ages at his price hes a pretty decent buy. Also his BE is low because of his last score being good.

Im not sure if thats the advice your after. I cant see your team because we aren't in any leagues together. But post you team in here or DM me it and i will have a look. Im sure theres plenty of other guys here that know there stuff that will be happy to suggest trades

I’m looking at similar trades, also including cotter and tatola. They hit their break evens but I saw nothing that convinced me they had value. I’m tempted to give McInnes one more go, his mins were unusually low. Sitili will be a trade if he’s injured, but I might sell regardless. Tatola is a slow burn mid ranger but I’m not sure if I can hold him vs may who will make more money, faster. There’s a risk there as jwh is back this week & we don’t know the rotation with him included. Cotter might go better in a tighter game, so that’s why I’m prepared to give him another week. So all in all, I have a few players I want (may, may, McIntyre, Liddle), and players I’m not sold on (cotter, Tatola, McInnes, sitili)

I’m looking at similar trades, also including cotter and tatola. They hit their break evens but I saw nothing that convinced me they had value. I’m tempted to give McInnes one more go, his mins were unusually low. Sitili will be a trade if he’s injured, but I might sell regardless. Tatola is a slow burn mid ranger but I’m not sure if I can hold him vs may who will make more money, faster. There’s a risk there as jwh is back this week & we don’t know the rotation with him included. Cotter might go better in a tighter game, so that’s why I’m prepared to give him another week. So all in all, I have a few players I want (may, may, McIntyre, Liddle), and players I’m not sold on (cotter, Tatola, McInnes, sitili)
In the same boat with Cotter, Tatola and Sitili.
I left enough in the bank to go Sitili to May so if he is injured that’s the trade I’ll make.
If Sitilis all good I will probably go Tatola to May.
Leniu out JWH in, I think May will still make some major cash.
Still a risk though with the rotation like you say.

Things get a fair bit simpler and a fair bit more complicated now.
You have 44 trades you can use over the next 26 rounds. You can currently make 2 trades per round
Your job in to transform your team into a points scoring beast. To do this you need to increase its value so you can buy more guns.
You want to sell the players who aren't "keepers" or aren't making money and replace them with players who are guns or will make money. All the while keeping a competitive 17 scoring players playing each week. You use trades to do this. But if you burn all your trades you're in trouble.

My first step each week is i look at my team and decide who needs to be sold. Hopefully that's none, usually there are players you want gone. You then look to see how much cash you will have once you have sold those players and see who the best players you can buy with that cash.
Currently im leaning to selling Mcinnes and Silitli and buying Fogarty and Roosters May

Heres the justification

Mcinnes didnt get enough minutes to be profitable, So will likely bleed cash.
Sitili scored low and killed his BE and looked pretty underwhelming on the feild. To be fair hes almost certainly a hold and once the rage has subsided i will likely keep him for now.

Fogarty did what was expected and took all the kick meters and base stats in the game. He looks good. He kicked for 800m in that game though, which is unsustainable.
May scored well, looked great and the coach is raving about him. Plus Leniu is going to out for ages at his price hes a pretty decent buy. Also his BE is low because of his last score being good.

Im not sure if thats the advice your after. I cant see your team because we aren't in any leagues together. But post you team in here or DM me it and i will have a look. Im sure theres plenty of other guys here that know there stuff that will be happy to suggest trades
Thanks a lot Fizurg. I think it will take all of this first entire season to figure things out !!! Your post helped a lot.

You will figure it out and be addicted in no time haha. Just keep asking questions.
A couple of questions

Why didn't Averillo play> Was Tesi Niu plicked over him? Should I sell Averillo?
Jayden Camobell is my fullback and is injured until round 4 but I really want him and like him. I guess I should put him on my bench and put someone else in at fullback for the next few games?
I have Piakura on my bench..ok to keep him there until he recovers?

A couple of questions

Why didn't Averillo play> Was Tesi Niu plicked over him? Should I sell Averillo?
Jayden Camobell is my fullback and is injured until round 4 but I really want him and like him. I guess I should put him on my bench and put someone else in at fullback for the next few games?
I have Piakura on my bench..ok to keep him there until he
You really don’t want to buy players who aren’t playing.
Why wasn’t Averillo playing? Honestly I’m not the coach so that wasn’t my call. But players with shakey job security are always risky. You need to keep an eye on team lists to make sure you are getting players that are actaully playing. If Averillo is picked this week you should probably keep him. If he isn’t picked then you don’t have to sell him this week because he can’t lose money when he isn’t playing. If he’s not playing and he’s the biggest issue you have then you should trade him.
Youre probably kinda stuck with Campbell. You just need to hope he comes back early.
Both those players were low ownership for a reason. Not the worst buys ever but you’re now seeing why others weren’t keen.
I’d keep Piakura. He will likely be making money again in no time. He’s not worth the trade.

I can almost guarantee first timers scored better than me and this is my 6th season :ROFLMAO:
dont-panic.jpg

Least there is enough interesting stuff in TLT to help save our teams.

Piakura is back
Richard Kennar & Jacob gagai both named
Talis Duncan named starting edge 🔒

Kiraz still centre
Hutch still 7
Salmon still 13, Curran still bench
McInnes still 13

Kenny 9 Luke benched, Summerton gone

Cotric gone🤣 Kris centre - raps fb wow
Strange 6 Levi 9
Galvin 6 😍 Sezer 14😒 Seyfarth 13😍

Jenkins wing, KPP starting edge, cogger 14
Cows unchanged

Chan kept his spot wow. Storm unchanged
Warriors unchanged

Talau in for Saab
Burbo edge 😍
Wong & sitili edges
Butcher may Whyte smith bench

Averillo in for niu
Katoa in for Sullivan
Aitken edge wtfffff
Plath 13, who the fuck is that
Leilua & RFM bench, Eusienhuth starts

(I stole this from another chat group)

Least there is enough interesting stuff in TLT to help save our teams.

Piakura is back
Richard Kennar & Jacob gagai both named
Talis Duncan named starting edge 🔒

Kiraz still centre
Hutch still 7
Salmon still 13, Curran still bench
McInnes still 13

Kenny 9 Luke benched, Summerton gone

Cotric gone🤣 Kris centre - raps fb wow
Strange 6 Levi 9
Galvin 6 😍 Sezer 14😒 Seyfarth 13😍

Jenkins wing, KPP starting edge, cogger 14
Cows unchanged

Chan kept his spot wow. Storm unchanged
Warriors unchanged

Talau in for Saab
Burbo edge 😍
Wong & sitili edges
Butcher may Whyte smith bench

Averillo in for niu
Katoa in for Sullivan
Aitken edge wtfffff
Plath 13, who the fuck is that
Leilua & RFM bench, Eusienhuth starts

(I stole this from another chat group)
Sitili lasts another week for me. Duncan and Seyfarth could be interesting but don't want to waste a trade on either of them just yet.