Pick Your Team Warriors v Raiders - [Round 3, 2024]

Last edited:
Bunty to start Barnett off the bench. Not a demotion just that I think Barnett will be more effective against tiring sides. Plus he will be on when Addin is substituted.
I actually thought Bunty was a real menace off the bench, hitting like a brick wall in D. Obviously no one can replace what AFB does, although I thought he was a bit subdued in the first half, but what if Ale and Addin start, Barny and Bunty off the bench. Nah best not to mess with what's working, sort of.

Think Bunty would be good for AFB, does the dirty work, kickoffs, obvious one out carries when you need one, bigger unit to tackle the raiders who just want to slug it up the middle.

Lussick and Taine were very good so less worried about bringing players back early.

Due for the bounce of the ball to go our way this week

Hate to say it but Capewell looks like a plodder so far and Laban’s killing it in cup and Sifakula who I rate the highest out of our young forwards stocks isn’t far away

Taine Tauapiki
Roger Tuivasa-Scheck
Ali Leiataua
Rocco Berry
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Luke Metcalf
Shaun Johnson
Addin Fonua-blake
Freddie Lussick
Mitch Barnett
Jackson Ford
Kurt Capewell
Tohu Harris

Dylan Walker
Bunty Afoa
Tom Ale
Channel Harris-Tavita
Pretty sure Capewell is carrying a rib injury, gotta be uncomfortable and needs a few jabs

Should come right

1.Tuapiki
2.RTS
3.pompey
4.Berry
5.DWZ
6.Metcalf
7.SJ
8.AFB
9.Egan
10.Barnett
11.Capewell
12.Ford
13.Tohu

14.Walker
15.CHT
16.Afoa
17.Bunty

Rts chews the metres and can do so much damage on kick returns. plus his best passing as a fullback is on the right hand side of the field. watch the extended highlights of cronulla game when tuapiki is off he did most of his passing on that side also in 2018 as a fullback hes now on the left. so montoya has been getting little service as RTS runs from centre.

Montoya is great , however he came shooting of the wing in cronulla game, that led to talakai try, plus several drop balls in Melbourne game. carries the ball in right hand to finish tries , like the melbourne
game would probably score if held in left hand., dwz scores acrobatically but ball carrying arm is away form the defender can fend etc.

And pompey had good service last year knows the systems and will feed RTS.

Didn't we start Bunty in last years game against the raiders? I actually thought that was our best game of the season. Raiders hit us with everything and we held then gave them a hiding.

Our best runs were him starting for 20 minutes then Barney/Walker comes on to roll over the other team, then they reverted to 3-men bench including 2 bald bros getting smashed by giants

so montoya has been getting little service as RTS runs from centre.
I don't think this passes the stats test. He was getting plenty of opportunities against the Storm, and had as many runs as DWZ in round 1.

Yes, some of those are yardage carries and some are cutout balls from Metcalf, but he isn't being starved of ball like Ken was outside Kata.

Keep RTS at centre I reckon. He has a good offload and is great at carving through congestion. We don't need to use him as a straight metre eater anymore.

They remembered Roger could be used as a high ball contestant in the 2nd half and boy he was awesome

Go up the middle, then get to the centres either sides and we carve them up
If Laban got the right and Capewell shifted to the left we would have great aerial threats with RTS and Capewell on the left and Laban and Berry on the right. The experience of Capewell could be handy on Berry’s side in saying that though

If Laban got the right and Capewell shifted to the left we would have great aerial threats with RTS and Capewell on the left and Laban and Berry on the right. The experience of Capewell could be handy on Berry’s side in saying that though

Love how Berry just get there so early and standing there like a hawk and ready to pounce once the other player caught the ball lol, no chance of charging/tackling too early with his method

Egan in if fit otherwise Lussick, but keep CHT on bench because he covers more spots.

Bunty to start. I like Barney as part of prop rotation but they out muscled us early. Bunty plays first 20 and just rips in. Then only comes back on if there is a injury

I'd put Bunty to start
Barnett instead of Capewell

Bench of

Walker
Jazz
Ale
CHT as backline injury cover and a useable sub

That has no place in a team. Not if you are seeking to be firing for the full 80 minutes of every week. Stay focused. Glen Fisiiahi was the worst and maybe it's slightly different to Montoya's no try because he was stopped by a defender but had a real opportunity to score whereas Fish and AFB celebrated too early.
Fish's no try was way way way worse than AFBs one.

Back