6. 2023
  7. 2024
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
Add SJ playing injured, and it looks like CNK was as well, and you start to see a pattern emerge here and it doesn't reflect well on AW, the next man up and the wider squad.

Next limping man up

Did I stutter? Embarrassing excuse for leadership. Tohu should have stepped down or Webby should have stood him down. Unless of course you are proud of a 3-8 record since the Manly game?
Can’t be bothered checking myself but how many minutes did Tohu play in those 8 games?

One thing I've been wondering about these players who have been playing busted, for prolonged periods, who is making the call?
Is it the player who decides to play through the injury, knowing they shouldn't be out there? or the coach or the doctor? I get that 99% of the comp are carrying injuries etc… but who makes the call as to 'enough is enough'.

I feel with Tohu though, they burnt him out last year and he's been in recovery mode ever since.

One thing I've been wondering about these players who have been playing busted, for prolonged periods, who is making the call?
Is it the player who decides to play through the injury, knowing they shouldn't be out there? or the coach or the doctor? I get that 99% of the comp are carrying injuries etc… but who makes the call as to 'enough is enough'.

I feel with Tohu though, they burnt him out last year and he's been in recovery mode ever since.
I may be naive but have always thought that clubs have a 'duty of care' obligation towards their players?
Nnoticed last week it was announced that a player in another team was going to have an op for a wrist injury just sustained.
I'm left wondering if the Warriors are doing that? Where does the buck stop?
No matter what a player or coach says, surely player welfare is the jurisdiction of the club?
If one club says their player is having an op 1 week after a wrist injury, why did this one take so long?

Add SJ playing injured, and it looks like CNK was as well, and you start to see a pattern emerge here and it doesn't reflect well on AW, the next man up and the wider squad.
To be fair, our injury toll this season has been unprecedented.

Players have had to (or perhaps felt they have needed to) play through injury to get a team together.

Juniors can do a job but for the good of the juniors, they need to be drip fed into the team.

If Tohu can't get his body right by round one next year after 9 months recovery, he should definitely retire if not I think hes worth keeping for the last year of his contract.
It's not like these many other players off contract to take his place.
Maybe someone from the knights or eels?
Wouldn't mind a Jack Hetherington
Seeing what we did with Barnett and even AFB to an extent playing there best rugby league under the Warriors system
AFB a dally M prop and Barnett debuts for NSW.
We've brought through all our best young juniors in Zyon Maiu’u Laban Sifa & Leka. We need experience to go with that.

If Tohu can't get his body right by round one next year after 9 months recovery, he should definitely retire if not I think hes worth keeping for the last year of his contract.
It's not like these many other players off contract to take his place.
Maybe someone from the knights or eels?
Wouldn't mind a Jack Hetherington
Seeing what we did with Barnett and even AFB to an extent playing there best rugby league under the Warriors system
AFB a dally M prop and Barnett debuts for NSW.
We've brought through all our best young juniors in Zyon Maiu’u Laban Sifa & Leka. We need experience to go with that.
9 months? I assume you mean season start? There's preseason and training befor then but I get your point. If he's not good to go game 1 or before I have no doubt long before then Tohu will know and say so.
In regards to monies, if anyone has any knowledge at all they would know he already took a cut this year and will again next year. The guy is not milking the club ffs...
there's room to move on juniors