NRL NRL Naughty chair

Definitely not, it’s all part of the game….in almost any sport.

Some of the “best” sledgers in professional sports had a level of intelligence that had the ability to discombobulate their opponent without making it too personal based on race/sexuality/religion/family and not making themselves sound like halfwits.

Those things are off limits.

Think Kobe Bryant, Jordan, Larry Bird, Floyd Mayweather, John McEnroe, Muhammad Ali etc.

They weren’t just superior athletes but quick witted yet their trash talk stung leaving their opponents either speechless, questing themselves and/or throwing back lame trash talk in response that the above just ignored or laughed off.

Not many are very good at it for the simple fact they’re not very smart.
Larry Bird - 'You are disrespecting me. Why are you guarding me with a white guy'

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Id88T5DPs

Last edited:
Interesting - so apparently there's no audio of what's happened but you can see Leniu say something in Mam's direction and then you see Walters kind of looked shocked and chase after Spencer....

I'm sure those who don't believe there's anything in it will try to justify that, but I mean it all seems to track that something was said that others weren't happy about.

Interesting - so apparently there's no audio of what's happened but you can see Leniu say something in Mam's direction and then you see Walters kind of looked shocked and chase after Spencer....

I'm sure those who don't believe there's anything in it will try to justify that, but I mean it all seems to track that something was said that others weren't happy about.

A contrary conduct charge on the biggest opening stage for the competition ever (after being sent to the US on a promotional junket in the off season)
No contrition post match & carrying on at the hotel later in the evening
A Poor disciplinary record
A who's who of indigenous players speaking out about the issue...

Inruin Inruin your legal defence is his only hope.

I'm not his biggest fan but surely Leniu is entitled to his day in court. Son of Coach Walters and Carrigan the Honest are likely to give evidence if he pleads not guilty. Apparently there is no other proof. What an f'n circus Even the 360 mob have made up their minds
With NRL needing & getting business from the US market it seems bloody sad that in this situation the players & coaches couldn't have shown more professionalism & for once just sorted it out in house after the game.

A contrary conduct charge on the biggest opening stage for the competition ever (after being sent to the US on a promotional junket in the off season)
No contrition post match & carrying on at the hotel later in the evening
A Poor disciplinary record
A who's who of indigenous players speaking out about the issue...

Inruin Inruin your legal defence is his only hope.
If he is smart about it.

That's a massive if though.

Like I say, I would be pleading not guilty particularly if there is no audio evidence, letting my lawyer do all the talking and keeping my mouth shut.

Credit WahsUltras WahsUltras, in the Round 1 discussion thread.

Leniu has plead guilty to the charge.

Club Statement: Spencer Leniu​

The Sydney Roosters have today entered a guilty plea to the contrary conduct charge against Spencer Leniu.

Inclusivity of people from all cultures and backgrounds is a key and valued principle of the Sydney Roosters. The Roosters do not tolerate any form of racism and we extend our heartfelt apologies to Ezra, his family and the broader Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.

“I want to apologise to Ezra and his family for using the word I did and I am sincerely sorry to cause him such distress,” said Roosters player Spencer Leniu.

“I’ve put my hand up and want to take ownership of this. I said the word but I didn’t mean it in a racist way. Anyone who knows me knows that’s not who I am,” he added.

“Spencer has been completely open and honest throughout this process, and we will continue to support him,” said Roosters CEO Joe Kelly.

“We extend our deepest apologies to Ezra, his family and the wider Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and offer our support to all parties during this time.

“We respect the Judiciary process. Accordingly, the Club will not be making any further comment prior to the hearing,” he added.

Definitely not, it’s all part of the game….in almost any sport.

Some of the “best” sledgers in professional sports had a level of intelligence that had the ability to discombobulate their opponent without making it too personal based on race/sexuality/religion/family and not making themselves sound like halfwits.

Those things are off limits.

Think Kobe Bryant, Jordan, Larry Bird, Floyd Mayweather, John McEnroe, Muhammad Ali etc.

They weren’t just superior athletes but quick witted yet their trash talk stung leaving their opponents either speechless, questing themselves and/or throwing back lame trash talk in response that the above just ignored or laughed off.

Not many are very good at it for the simple fact they’re not very smart.
So it was alright for ali to call fraiser a gorilla?

Spencer deserves full praise for admitting the charge

Praise, maybe not quite, but I get what you mean.

I think the early guilty plead gets it from what could have been 7 or 8 weeks, down to 5 or 6.

One or two more than Marcelo- we could all debate ad nauseam about if it should be shorter or longer, but for me, while the word itself that Marcelo said was worse and was caught on TV, there are frankly far more Indigenous players and fans than LGBT players and fans, and the eyes of potential US fans are watching.

He stuffed up big time.
The Roosters have made this 10 times worse imo.
If they come out Monday with this statement we could’ve stopped all the conjecture and debating.
Deserves a decent suspension and the media man for the roosters should be looking on Seek this afternoon.
No doubt a lot of negotiating behind the scenes. The NRL couldn’t afford to have a messy outcome if he pled not guilty.

I’m picking a shorter suspension for giving the NRL the best outcome possible

AND...... with those sweet words when the NRL goes full Amerian Spencer will be guaranteed a job in the US of A :LOL:

What do we reckon. 5 - 6 week

$50 for me?
money.gif

No doubt a lot of negotiating behind the scenes. The NRL couldn’t afford to have a messy outcome if he pled not guilty.

I’m picking a shorter suspension for giving the NRL the best outcome possible
I get what you’re saying but he said it so the negotiations should not be necessary.
He’s guilty, the Roosters morally should’ve come out as soon as they knew he said it.
The damage this week has been immense already with all the racial stuff you see online.
I find it a little interesting as well that Wednesday Walters comes forward saying he will be a witness then Thursday morning there is an admission.

Reactions: j_p
Back