Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

That’s leave you with a LOT of money for upgrades next week. You could upgrade Leniu who is rotting on your bench

That’s leave you with a LOT of money for upgrades next week. You could upgrade Leniu who is rotting on your bench
Question I have been meaning to ask for two weeks but didn't want to ask too many questions, but I would like to know,
What is the maximum number of players from one team you should ideally limit yourself to taking into account you lose all of them from your side when they have a bye?

Question I have been meaning to ask for two weeks but didn't want to ask too many questions, but I would like to know,
What is the maximum number of players from one team you should ideally limit yourself to taking into account you lose all of them from your side when they have a bye?
I think 3

I have a question about retention of cheapies. I have a few which have been a bit underwhelming points wise like Salmon, Strange and Flannagan but because of their price they are still making small gains. At what point do these types of players peak and when is the best time to trade them out? I would like to bring in Kayal Iro to the bench next round if they name him as I reckon he's got a very high ceiling and I also would make a little bit of a gain in available funds by trading any of those named players out for him.

I have a question about retention of cheapies. I have a few which have been a bit underwhelming points wise like Salmon, Strange and Flannagan but because of their price they are still making small gains. At what point do these types of players peak and when is the best time to trade them out? I would like to bring in Kayal Iro to the bench next round if they name him as I reckon he's got a very high ceiling and I also would make a little bit of a gain in available funds by trading any of those named players out for him.
No expert here, but you should have some high scoring players that cost a lot and therefore you can only buy some cheaper players that will gain. Then at some point they gain so much they can't gain anymore and that's when you should trade them out.

At the moment there are so many injuries you should focus on those players first. After round 6 you can do 3 trades a week but if I'm correct, you have 36 total trades. So if you have the luxury of not trading, save it.

No expert here, but you should have some high scoring players that cost a lot and therefore you can only buy some cheaper players that will gain. Then at some point they gain so much they can't gain anymore and that's when you should trade them out.

At the moment there are so many injuries you should focus on those players first. After round 6 you can do 3 trades a week but if I'm correct, you have 36 total trades. So if you have the luxury of not trading, save it.
Thanks for the advice. I do have some high scoring players costing a lot in Hopgood, AFB, Hamiso, Api and RTS who are getting me some good returns at the moment, plus Hynes as the marquee half. I also have Sam Walker who is freefalling with the head knocks forcing him from the field so would I be better to trade him out for a cheapie like Kayal Iro and have a bit of extra cash in reserve to wait for another high cost high scoring player?

Use the fantasy nrl stats site to see each players predicted break even + potential $$$ gains/losses if you haven't paid for premium.

For your cheapies usually you'd trade out when they'd hit there break even and had no more cash to make. If there break even is in the negatives or still low then thats a good enough reason to keep them of course depends on your team situation tho. Ideally your cash cows have gained at minimum 100k in value before you cash out.

Players who are making small gains are considered slow burns, up to you if you wanna punt them but keep in mind it only takes one good game/big score for them to start make some decent coin.

For me, it all comes down to what you're trying to do. If you're playing head to head, it really doesn't matter how long you're keeping them, as long as you're making money and you're winning your head 2 head.

Of course your proper end game is to be trying to field a team of 17 players averaging over 50. Sometimes timing is key as well, because while cheapies making money is important, another key part is to pick up good players after an injury or form slump.

Take Tedesco for example, he's a 50+ player but just got injured and scored 5, so he's going to lose a tonne of cash this week (around 60k) and if he has a game where he scores less than 35 next week, he'll likely be priced closer to 650k. Thats a bargain, so I might cut one of my cheapies earlier than I would, so that I can get Tedesco at a super low price. So I've just saved 100k that way, and can get him in my team probably 3-4 weeks earlier than waiting for Hughes, Strange, Salmon and co to make another 100k.

So it all depends really. Another consideration is to always look at the bye rounds a couple of weeks ahead as you can get caught out by having too many players out for one round, sometimes one of the cheapies are the easiest to get rid of first, depending on your teams make up

Edit: also, you should have an idea on what a trade is worth to you, money wise. Generally, when you're trading someone back down to a rookie (who you hope will then make lots of cash like Galvin of Talagi should) you will likely then have to trade them to a better player, so that's going to cost you 2 trades. How much is that worth to you? Generally speaking, I'm not going to trade if I don't think it's going to make me less than $200k, as I don't feel I have enough trades to justify 50-100k gained but 2 trades lost. So for me, if someone isn't coming in to play big minutes for 4+ games, I usually won't consider them

I wanted Blaize but he is listed as a centre and needed a half to replace Metcalf, so I can't acquire Blaize as my solution.

I only really need the person for two games, rounds 5 and 6 as
a) Galvin returns in round 7
b) Nathan Cleary is supposed to return in round 7
Which will give me halves of Strange, Cleary and Galvin. I will then trade away Fainu. He is currently listed at $230K. I am counting on him growing to $250K in these two games and then trading to a $280 to $300K player. I don't have one of those firmly in mind yet as to who and will have to find somebody but it doesn't need to be a half and I will probably get an edge forward. Or alternatively after round 7 they announce the new list of dual players and if I can find a half/something that would help my squad quite a bit as a replacement.
My options were

1) Fainu - only $230K - probably only 15 to 20 minutes per game and probably only rounds 5 and 6 until the next round of injuries strike Tigers. Highly rated half and can't miss in the NRL. He was the NSW state of origin under 20s half and played a key role defeating Queensland. The kid although 18 can tackle. Technically perfect player. He is in the club to learn from Benji. 6% of all fantasy contestants have drafted Fainu into their team and there were stats showing that a large number of people took him this week. On this page he is listed on the what's hot list - although yes far behind Blaize in popularity https://footystatistics.com/
2) CHT - $280K - unless injuries strike then 15 to 20 minutes per game as bench hooker. But unlike Fainu he will play every game and pick up points every round. If injuries strike TMM then CHT steps into a starting role.
3) Foran - 375K - 80 minute player has averaged about 30 points per game the last three years. His price is not likely to go up much. Maybe settle around $400K I am really put off by the fact he plays for the Titans who I think will have a bad year.
4) TMM - 380K- 80 minute player. How much pill will he see supporting SJ. Last year playing with SJ he only averaged 27 points. Yet this year he has Roger to work with on his edge. Can see him eventually after 5 or 6 games settling at 450K
5) Isaiya Katoa - 445K - 80 minute player. Averaging 40 points. Although he only averaged 24 last year as a 19 year old so can he keep this up or has he turned the corner now that he is 20 years old. I havn't see much of him. Seems like a solid option but not a bargain hunters dream.

Others)
Schneider would be ideal but Panthers have a bye next round so can't choose him.
Metcalf is about $450K and i have 90K available cash. I could go up in price and get someone more expensive there is
There is Cody Walker at $520K

But this is a player only for two games, do i really want to spend all my spare cash for a two game player. And also Luke Keary scored 72 points last night so i expect he will no longer be 540K and will be unaffordable for me.
If I can make good $'s out of my Metcalf transaction then I can upgrade Griffin Neame in a trade next week.
This is really well thought out analysis. But unfortunately none of those players are buys. We don’t don’t get enough trades to use them on players that will only play a couple of weeks and won’t gain a lot of value.
Others have given some really good advice on this but I just wanted to point out that you are on the right track when choosing trades. Just a bit more experience and you will be a gun.

Nice head to head this week with Cerostars (who's team is this btw)

He's been leading all round its come down to the last game, both of us have 1 player in it and he currently has a 13 point lead. I have Fogarty and he has Strange.

Wasnt going to watch this game but now i have a reason to.

Last edited:
Nice head to head this week with Cerostars,

He's been leading all round its come down to the last game, both of us have 1 player in it and he currently has a 13 point lead. I have Fogarty and he has Strange.

Wasnt going to watch this game but now i have a reason to.
I'm down by 17 but its looking bleak for me:

Hopgood
Talagi
Strange

V

Lane
Fogarty
Rapana
Smithies
Strange

Whats the name of your team mate (ive no idea who anybodys team is who havent used there username)
Same as my username. I'm playing Wahzaks in the overrun league. Rapana looks gone so I'm in with a small chance now. Its been a brutal run of injuries this round which I'm sure everyone's 17 has been impacted by. I lost Walker and Fainu early.

The commentators were talking about Rapana in the first half like he was going to have to retire!

Just checked my score and there's a big lead now with no chance I can catch up. Well done this week Wahzaks.

Oh I see - I can put Cleary or Galvin into half since they are not playing and play with 16 and then my 18th man will be Talgi who gets activated since I have a DNP player in my 13.

WARRIORSFAN92 you are brilliant !!!! Thank you for this advice !!!!!!!!!!!
Well I think I misuderstood the advice !!!
I left Galvin in the team as DNP and put Talagi as an emergency player thinking Talagi would be counted even though he was a centre. However it only counts emergency players who are of the same position as the DNP player so Talagi did not count this week. He will be a handy pick up though as I think he will play as centre even after Moses returns to stand off.

Well I think I misuderstood the advice !!!
I left Galvin in the team as DNP and put Talagi as an emergency player thinking Talagi would be counted even though he was a centre. However it only counts emergency players who are of the same position as the DNP player so Talagi did not count this week. He will be a handy pick up though as I think he will play as centre even after Moses returns to stand off.
yeah you have to fill the top 13 with players in that position. Its one of the reasons your bench make up can be tricky at times. You are better off running 16 players than burning a trade to fill the gap for a couple of weeks more often than not though. Just wait till the bye rounds. They get even more brutal.