Pick Your Team Warriors v Sharks - Round 1, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Wrighty

Contributor
Warriors v Sharks - Round 1, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Predictions for the game? Who to watch out for on the opposition. Our keys to success. Figure we can use this thread until the team list thread comes out.
Some of us are hankering to talk about this now. Friday March 8th

Possible Sharks line up from their thread

"
With question marks over BHU's fitness, and Toby starting off the bench in the last trial, I think we may run out like:

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Talakai
5. Ronaldo
6. Trindall
7. Hynes
8. Kaufusi
9. Brailey
10. Hunt
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. Finucane

14. McInnes
15. Williams
16. Rudolf
17. Hazleton"

I think this will be a close match.., I am happy we are at home as Sharks don't travel well. Finucane will be as tough as Teak. Good 13 and Good bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Predictions for the game? Who to watch out for on the opposition. Our keys to success. Figure we can use this thread until the team list thread comes out.
Some of us are hankering to talk about this now. Friday March 8th

Possible Sharks line up from their thread

"
With question marks over BHU's fitness, and Toby starting off the bench in the last trial, I think we may run out like:

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Talakai
5. Ronaldo
6. Trindall
7. Hynes
8. Kaufusi
9. Brailey
10. Hunt
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. Finucane

14. McInnes
15. Williams
16. Rudolf
17. Hazleton"

I think this will be a close match.., I am happy we are at home as Sharks don't travel well. Finucane will be as tough as Teak. Good 13 and Good bench.
This team does not scare me! Warriors turn up with that first 30 mins against the dolphins, with an actual sell out crowd we smoke them!

I actually think sharks are the biggest pretenders this season. They won't make the 8.

Last edited:
We are the sharks bogy team and they know it

Expect to pull their pants down like we did last summer. Maybe build up their false confidence thinking they can win before shattering them back to reality

Warriors +12
In their thread they are fearful of SJ and feel he could crush them.

Warriors first 5 games

1 Sharks Home
2 Storm Away
3 Raiders CHCH (Better be up for this Christchurch fans to get us home)
4 Knights Home
5 Rabbits Away

That is a pretty stiff draw coming out of the shoot. We pretty well need to win round one.

In their thread they are fearful of SJ and feel he could crush them.

We got weapons all over the field

SJ is only one of many problems for them

The mulitalo battle is always a good one. They got some weapons Cronulla but we look too strong on paper. Expecting RTS to light it up on his official debut game back. Should be a good one. All guns firing, that’s the way I see it

No mercy, expecting the boys to really give it to these guys and make a statement. Webby will be keen.

We got weapons all over the field

SJ is only one of many problems for them

The mulitalo battle is always a good one. They got some weapons Cronulla but we look too strong on paper. Expecting RTS to light it up on his official debut game back. Should be a good one. All guns firing, that’s the way I see it

No mercy, expecting the boys to really give it to these guys and make a statement. Webby will be keen.
Before we played the Bulldogs last year late in the season their forum conceded defeat before the game and called our backline star studded. It wasn't true last year but this year maybe it is.

Sharks & Raiders were both pretenders last year and both made the 8, I’d go as far to say the Raiders were a better team than the Sharks and they finished 8th.

Not to say the Sharks are a poor team but we’re definitely a notch up and I can’t fathom them beating us at all at home in our maiden game of the regular season.

Like most teams they will come out pumped hard and fast then fall away, I’d like to think that we’ve become well measured and can play 80mins until the job is done with astute players with an astute coach, we’re different now and it’s a weird feeling I’m not used to but I’m rolling with it.

The win won’t be perfect but it will show the whole NRL we’re no joke.

No bias Wahs 13+

RTS/Montoya V Katoa/Ramien
Berry/DWZ V Talakai/Ronald McDonald

Win those, win the game imho
The first one is a good match up, RTS on firm probably tips it in our favor but close I reckon. Both good combos.

Talakai vs Berry - interesting, Power vs footy brain and probably speed. I reckon this goes our way because of our systems and shape that will give Berry space quiche he can use to bring Ron in and put DWZ away while the sharks usually just use talakai as a battering ram.

I hope Berry is up for tackling Talakai. I remember Rocco being bowled over by Sivo a couple of years ago.
I get the vibes that Berry is type of guy to highlight these matchups. Didn’t Talakai steamroll Berry in his rookie games?

I know DWZ and Ronald 🤡 have a running battle

Kennedy vs Taine is a poor match up for us. I really hope that Taine tackles his little heart out. Don't let us down little man!!!!!
Our hopes are on you. Get a good nights sleep and good nutrition the days before hand.
I am nervous for you but you are up for this. Go Taine !!!

Back