• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

State of Origin State of Origin 2024

Avatar bet - SOO Game 3 - NSW Vs QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can someone explain why
1 Jake is picked
2 Why he is captain

Sure he s a good solid player. But I dont get it - there is better players that could have taken his spot.
Plus he is captain but only plays short minutes.

Seemed to be a saving face phase out.

He does the hard work, is an upstanding, popular guy, maybe Maguire didn't want to rock the boat knowing that Jurbo won't let him down from the bench? I'd be surprised to see him next year.

Seemed to be a saving face phase out.

He does the hard work, is an upstanding, popular guy, maybe Maguire didn't want to rock the boat knowing that Jurbo won't let him down from the bench? I'd be surprised to see him next year.
Seemed to be to a tactic to have J Turbo weather the opening to keep Yeo fresh.

Hard to see why he would be captain though

That was a good game. Loved the defense in the first half.

It is amazing when the quality is good and the game is tense how it can still be interesting when it is 2-0, 2-2, 4-2. There were some tries later but after such a long period where the defenses wouldn't break when you do get a try it still feels tense as you are expecting the otherside to get one. That wasn't the case last night but the game still felt like it kept the intensity up over the full 80.

For the Warriors Capewell was busy and played big minutes.

Barnett he had a interrupted start coming on the HIA, then going on and coming off again due to one of the bench being sin binned. Even when he got hit he pretty much took it, also got some shots on of his own. He then started to get into the game. He definitely looked like he belonged there.
To me, Capewell was the man of the match for QLD, if not overall. His defence was superb and did his bit on attack as well. Does anyone know his stats? I hope he plays low minutes against the Raiders because we won't want to burn him out for the big games ahead (Manly, Dolphins and Sharks)

IMG_8696.jpeg

😂

Capewell was dirty last night putting in the niggle. Smart player knowing he could get away with that in origin, although he did get penalised so maybe not as smart as he could have been.

Capewell was dirty last night putting in the niggle. Smart player knowing he could get away with that in origin, although he did get penalised so maybe not as smart as he could have been.
I wouldn't call it dirty, maybe a little too enthusiastic but then I'm more than a bit biased.

Can someone explain why
1 Jake is picked
2 Why he is captain

Sure he s a good solid player. But I dont get it - there is better players that could have taken his spot.
Plus he is captain but only plays short minutes.
Because he's nice and the only one who can string a coherent sentence together for tv and the sponsors. I wish they'd made Spencer Leniu captain, I'd stay tuned for the after match speeches.

Now that all the fun and games has finished and NSW has reigned supreme as all the smarter fans on this site expected, what avatar do we have in store for our QLD counterparts who lost the bet:
Evil_Mush Evil_Mush
Warriors4lyfe Warriors4lyfe
janfin janfin
MurrayTD MurrayTD
KPWarrior KPWarrior
Damo Damo
Wah's Up Wah's Up
Nakiproud Nakiproud
drunk_monk
Rick O’Shay Rick O’Shay
warriors4life

thanks all for participating and now in agreement that NSW is the far superior state :)
If you're feeling nice, a big smiling pic of Mitch holding up.the trophy. If you're a cunt, a still from one of Capewah's early videos with Jake T on the other side.

If you're feeling nice, a big smiling pic of Mitch holding up.the trophy. If you're a cunt, a still from one of Capewah's early videos with Jake T on the other side.
Im not nice, so ill go with option 2.

How about DCE or Walsh on the other side of Jake T.

I would need one of the QLD fans to provide the original image though ;)

Back