• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

State of Origin State of Origin 2024

Avatar bet - SOO Game 3 - NSW Vs QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really really impressed with Mitch last night. He was epic and fit in to the NSW team seamlessly.

I thought he looked much better than a lot of debutants over the last year or so. I know it's a different game and different context but you look at players like Hudson Young, Hopgood, Olakauatu, and Mitch just seemed right at home, like he was playing his 10th Origin.

I can't believe how much he's improved over the last 6-12 months it's been unreal

A big shoutout must be made to Richie Mayanga. Nice try Joey on the pronunciation
Seeing that article that he almost joined the Warriors in 2019 and he’s been in blues camp, obviously has an interest in league. Warriors should see if they can entice him. Probably not for the money he’s earning in Japan

Cracking effort for both sides—NSW for not giving up when it seemed they just couldn't crack QLD in the red zone, and QLD for holding it together for 70-odd minutes despite being under so much pressure.

Gotta say, Walsh letting the opposing 7 run by him untouched to score the match-winner in the two biggest games of his career to date:
Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 8.38.30 AM.png

Most of all, thank fuck it is over lol. I pray to Rocco Berry that one day we will just have a month break in the season for Origin and some International games to be knocked out in one go

That was a good game. Loved the defense in the first half.

It is amazing when the quality is good and the game is tense how it can still be interesting when it is 2-0, 2-2, 4-2. There were some tries later but after such a long period where the defenses wouldn't break when you do get a try it still feels tense as you are expecting the otherside to get one. That wasn't the case last night but the game still felt like it kept the intensity up over the full 80.

For the Warriors Capewell was busy and played big minutes.

Barnett he had a interrupted start coming on the HIA, then going on and coming off again due to one of the bench being sin binned. Even when he got hit he pretty much took it, also got some shots on of his own. He then started to get into the game. He definitely looked like he belonged there.

Great game from both sides especially defensively.
Congrats NSW .
Will be some very sore bodies this morning .Interesting to see how Capes & Barney pull up.

That was a good watch. Echo the congratulations to Madge and NSW. The difference was the dynamic pack of NSW vs the plodding Q L D pack. Madge messed successfully with Billy's head. Big and good call dropping Tedesco. Barney was a keeper. Capewell was great and showed his value. Massive defence by NSW.

NSW dominated that whole series really. Apart from the first Qld try in the first 5 minutes of game 1, their attack failed to score against 13 and didn't really look like scoring last night as well.

I think the main difference from the last few years is Madge instead of Fittler

💙 Mighty NSW dominated that whole series really. Apart from the first Qld try in the first 5 minutes of game 1, their attack failed to score against 13 and didn't really look like scoring last night as well.

Dominated is a little strong (for the entire series). Definitely the better team.

Cam Murray coming on last night had a similar effect to Beauden Barret coming on around the same time in the ABs vs England game last weekend. Very smart impact play right there, tipped the scales very late in the game.

Up until that point, she was even Stevens.

Dominated is a little strong (for the entire series). Definitely the better team.

Cam Murray coming on last night had a similar effect to Beauden Barret coming on around the same time in the ABs vs England game last weekend. Very smart impact play right there, tipped the scales very late in the game.

Up until that point, she was even Stevens.
'Objectively', I think they did. Possesion, territory, created far more more opportunities and QLD only really looked decent on attack in the first game with NSW down to 12 and it really took them a long time to grind NSW down (I think it was 20-10 with about 10 minutes to go with NSW basically playing with 12 the whole game) Game two QLD were blown off the park. Game 3 the score was close and it was a grinding type game but QLD were just hanging on for most of that game and didn't really create much.

QLD depth is really being tested currently and they had a few unavailable this year with injury which didn't help them. They need to fix up their forward pack somehow and not sure how long DCE will go around for. Would have been interesting to see what the QLD backline could have produced if they had the NSW forward pack.

Seeing that article that he almost joined the Warriors in 2019 and he’s been in blues camp, obviously has an interest in league. Warriors should see if they can entice him. Probably not for the money he’s earning in Japan
Not at his age, plus he tends to go missing a bit in big games

What a good gig for Jake Turbo. Hardly any minutes and to the winners speechi
Can someone explain why
1 Jake is picked
2 Why he is captain

Sure he s a good solid player. But I dont get it - there is better players that could have taken his spot.
Plus he is captain but only plays short minutes.

Can someone explain why
1 Jake is picked
2 Why he is captain

Sure he s a good solid player. But I dont get it - there is better players that could have taken his spot.
Plus he is captain but only plays short minutes.
and 3 his speech was not exactly eloquent...

but they won.

Reactions: kos
Back