• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Post Match Sharks v Warriors - [Round 26, 2024]

Sharks vs Warriors

Sharks

28 - 26

MATCH COMPLETE

PointsBet Stadium

31 Aug 2024

Warriors

Match Stats

Sharks Warriors
5 Tries 5
4 / 5 Conversions 3 / 5
0/0 Field Goals 0/0
0/0 2P Field Goals 0/0
5 Try Assists 5
Sharks Warriors
47% Possession 53%
5 / 31 Set Completion 2 / 37
45 Time in Opposition Half 55
1289 Metres Gained 1471
1 Dropouts 0
8 Dummy Half Runs 6
18 / 544 Kicks/Kick Metres 19 / 539
0 40/20 0
0 20/40 0
3 Offloads 7
0 1 on 1 Steals 0
6 Line Breaks 6
4 Line Break Assists 4
0 Support Play 0
Sharks Warriors
5 / 31 Set Completion 2 / 37
8 Penalties (Conceded) 6
2 Set Restarts 4
7 Errors 4

Player Stats

# Sharks T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 W. Kennedy 0 0 1 0 3 0 8 2 0 26 1 0 0m 111m 0 0
2 S. Katoa 0 0 0 0 3 0 4 3 0 22 0 1 9m 168m 1 0
6 D. Atkinson 0 0 0 0 2 0 7 5 0 15 2 0 0m 82m 0 0
4 K. Iro 1 4 0 1 7 0 11 1 0 14 0 0 0m 107m 0 2
5 S. Stonestreet 2 8 0 1 5 0 5 3 0 12 0 0 0m 154m 0 0
22 N. Hynes 0 0 1 1 2 0 22 4 0 32 0 5 121m 58m 1 0
7 B. Trindall 0 8 2 0 2 0 8 4 0 31 0 12 414m 15m 1 1
8 T. Rudolf 0 0 0 0 2 1 24 1 0 12 0 0 0m 98m 2 0
9 B. Brailey 0 0 1 1 2 0 25 3 0 7 5 0 0m 66m 0 1
10 O. Kaufusi 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 1 0 8 0 0 0m 70m 0 0
11 B. Nikora 0 0 0 0 3 2 29 4 0 11 0 0 0m 70m 1 0
12 T. Wilton 1 4 0 1 3 0 24 5 0 9 0 0 0m 57m 0 0
13 C. McInnes 0 0 0 0 2 0 40 2 0 13 0 0 0m 78m 0 0
14 J. Williams 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 1 0 10 0 0 0m 72m 1 1
15 R. Hunt 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 0 0 7 0 0 0m 74m 0 1
16 B. Hamlin-Uele 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 3 0 1 0 0 0m 9m 0 1
17 T. Hazelton 1 4 0 1 2 0 18 0 0 5 0 0 0m 38m 0 1
18 C. Vea'ila 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0
# Warriors T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 T. Tuaupiki 0 0 2 0 4 0 3 2 0 38 0 0 0m 162m 0 0
2 D. Watene-Zelezniak 2 8 0 1 2 1 2 2 0 15 0 0 0m 82m 0 0
3 C. Nicoll-Klokstad 1 4 0 1 6 1 13 2 0 12 0 0 0m 91m 0 0
4 A. Leiataua 0 0 0 1 10 0 8 0 0 18 2 0 0m 190m 0 0
5 M. Montoya 1 4 0 1 4 1 3 0 0 13 1 0 0m 115m 1 1
6 L. Metcalf 1 4 1 0 1 1 19 2 0 23 0 3 89m 50m 1 0
7 S. Johnson 0 6 2 1 5 0 8 3 0 60 0 16 466m 57m 0 0
8 A. Fonua-Blake 0 0 0 0 4 1 20 2 0 20 0 0 0m 195m 1 0
14 F. Lussick 0 0 0 0 0 0 29 5 0 5 0 0 0m 20m 0 1
16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 20 1 0 12 0 0 0m 83m 0 0
10 M. Barnett 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 4 0 10 0 0 0m 73m 0 0
12 K. Capewell 0 0 0 1 1 0 30 4 0 10 0 0 0m 95m 0 0
13 D. Walker 0 0 0 0 0 1 29 6 0 17 0 1 12m 117m 0 3
9 W. Egan 0 0 0 0 0 0 21 3 0 7 3 0 0m 42m 1 0
11 M. Niukore 0 0 0 0 2 1 26 1 0 6 0 0 0m 45m 0 1
15 T. Ale 0 0 0 0 2 0 4 0 0 9 0 0 0m 58m 0 0
17 D. Sifakula 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 1 0 1 0 0 0m 7m 0 0
18 C. Harris-Tavita 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• Total voters
NZWarriors.com
One of dumbest things I’ve seen all season. He got manhandled. It was child abuse.
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" is a famous comedic catchphrase from the British sketch comedy troupe Monty Python. It refers to the historical Spanish Inquisition, a powerful and feared institution of the Catholic Church in medieval Spain that would unexpectedly interrogate and punish those accused of heresy.

The humor comes from subverting the audience's expectations - the phrase sets up the expectation of something dramatic or serious, but then delivers an absurd and unexpected punchline. This plays on the notion that the Spanish Inquisition was so feared and unpredictable that no one could ever truly anticipate its arrival. The catchphrase has become a popular way to humorously indicate that something has occurred without warning or anticipation.

Bunch of sookie la las those sharks fans. Best moment of that game last night was seeing the guys surround SJ celebrating after he threw that magnificent cut out to DWZ and sharks fans in the background looking like they were going to have a cry.
Yes! One dude in the crowd was pointing at something, bewildered, and talking to himself.

They had to be one of the quietest fans I've heard of in a long time. I guess they knew what was going to happen, haha!

C. Fitzgibbon definitely did. Every time you seen him on the screen he was scoping out SJ giving the transceiver some.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Bunch of sookie la las those sharks fans. Best moment of that game last night was seeing the guys surround SJ celebrating after he threw that magnificent cut out to DWZ and sharks fans in the background looking like they were going to have a cry.

I get no joy watching other fans suffer.

But this weekend I’m make an exception!!! Suckers! 😂 😃

Interesting fact - did you know Cronulla have made the top 8 in 9 of the last 10 years? Hardly what I call suffering fans. Greedy bastards.

By I get it I meant I can get what you are trying to say,you just did it poorly.

Okay, King of the English language 😂

Bottom line is that there are some fundamental issues that need addressing and simply saying try harder isn't the answer.

Maybe you are missing it.

Maybe you missed the 2023 season.

On paper we had a far superior team this year. What was the difference. Attitude, baby.

You can blame structures for lack of consequences and whatever, but ultimately, as an adult, you get to wake up and make the decision of how much effort you're gunna out into the day.

Resources should be thrown at making players better, stronger, faster, healthier, not drawing boundaries for poor attitude.

On paper we had a far superior team this year. What was the difference. Attitude, baby.

You can blame structures for lack of consequences and whatever, but ultimately, as an adult, you get to wake up and make the decision of how much effort you're gunna out into the day.

Resources should be thrown at making players better, stronger, faster, healthier, not drawing boundaries for poor attitude.
Yes. Very simple game. Don't over complicate things and most of all try your best while enjoying the moment

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

So you are telling me that it took until the second half of the sharks game to put the required effort in? ok.

The game isn't won on paper and superior to what? Many would say that the team wasnt better than last year with the changes made.

And sometimes the amount of effort put in makes no difference because the gameplan, selections, bench use etc put us in a position where we are going to be off other teams by a percentage or two or more and as everyone knows that's all you have to be for a beating.

But, I guess, the team just needs to try harder, if it makes people more comfortable and the only thing that we need to look at for next season to have success.

Here's a tip, if you are doing something wrong, trying harder is only going to make you do that wrong thing quicker or worse.

Weird I know, but I'm saying fix the fundamental things we are doing wrong not put more effort in to doing them quicker or making them worse.

Let me try an analogy, it wont be as good as your ass wiping one though.

There is a group of game designers who haven't had a hit game for a long time. In fact they have really only had one in the last ten years. Now last year, out of the blue they had success on the back of bringing in some structure, process, removing excuses and controlling what they can control, not being victims, getting the very most out of the equipment they have etc. Caught everyone by surprise as they were focused on what the big gaming companies were doing. Now that team has had some changes made to it this year and their equipment is older and slower. They got to a point in the year were they were competing against another company to design an app first. Unfortunately, the guy in charge decided that do to some staff away with illness he was going to put the marketing guy who is great at that in the role of one of the programmers even though he had never worked in that role before in his long career. On top of that he had some young creative team members who had shown how dynamic they were and bought an energy to the group but decided to put them back on some junior tasks. There are a couple of guys on the edge of the team who put the finishing touches on projects but also make some dumb decisions that cost the team - last year they managed to be covered for with the success the team were having but this year their output had diminished. He also decided that the laptop they had been using which was going well and had given them good results should be switched for the laptop that had been sent out to get fixed but was still not working properly at all, in fact it still couldn't do what it was doing last year and need to be repaired further. So, you have ended up changing what was working recently to having people doing roles they haven't done before, kept the older, slower, less creative team and using inferior technology that cant do what it used to anymore. Unfortunately, the other company who had been on a losing streak so far this year had younger, less experienced but more faster and more creative people and better technology. The result being that the later company finished the project and smashed it out of the park while the former company didn't even really manage to fire a shot for obvious reasons.

Its a very simple thing though. They just needed to try harder....

One last point. RTS at center. There is no way anyone can say he isn't putting effort in. And if he could put more effort in do you think we would get a better result from him? and that's just one cog in the machine.

Last edited:
So you are telling me that it took until the second half of the sharks game to put the required effort in? ok.

The game isn't won on paper and superior to what? Many would say that the team wasnt better than last year with the changes made.

And sometimes the amount of effort put in makes no difference because the gameplan, selections, bench use etc put us in a position where we are going to be off other teams by a percentage or two or more and as everyone knows that's all you have to be for a beating.

But, I guess, the team just needs to try harder, if it makes people more comfortable and the only thing that we need to look at for next season to have success.

Here's a tip, if you are doing something wrong, trying harder is only going to make you do that wrong thing quicker or worse.

Weird I know, but I'm saying fix the fundamental things we are doing wrong not put more effort in to doing them quicker or making them worse.

Let me try an analogy, it wont be as good as your ass wiping one though.

There is a group of game designers who haven't had a hit game for a long time. In fact they have really only had one in the last ten years. Now last year, out of the blue they had success on the back of bringing in some structure, process, removing excuses and controlling what they can control, not being victims, getting the very most out of the equipment they have etc. Caught everyone by surprise as they were focused on what the big gaming companies were doing. Now that team has had some changes made to it this year and their equipment is older and slower. They got to a point in the year were they were competing against another company to design an app first. Unfortunately, the guy in charge decided that do to some staff away with illness he was going to put the marketing guy who is great at that in the role of one of the programmers even though he had never worked in that role before in his long career. On top of that he had some young creative team members who had shown how dynamic they were and bought an energy to the group but decided to put them back on some junior tasks. There are a couple of guys on the edge of the team who put the finishing touches on projects but also make some dumb decisions that cost the team - last year they managed to be covered for with the success the team were having but this year their output had diminished. He also decided that the laptop they had been using which was going well and had given them good results should be switched for the laptop that had been sent out to get fixed but was still not working properly at all, in fact it still couldn't do what it was doing last year and need to be repaired further. So, you have ended up changing what was working recently to having people doing roles they haven't done before, kept the older, slower, less creative team and using inferior technology that cant do what it used to anymore. Unfortunately, the other company who had been on a losing streak so far this year had younger, less experienced but more faster and more creative people and better technology. The result being that the later company finished the project and smashed it out of the park while the former company didn't even really manage to fire a shot for obvious reasons.

Its a very simple thing. They just needed to try harder.

One last point. RTS at center. There is no way anyone can say he isn't putting effort in. And if he could put more effort in do you think we would get a better result from him?
Effort is not an individual thing.It takes effort right across the park .

I'm petty but I love that Ali steamrolling Hynes came after the disallowed try and "AFB" try celebration

Yeah I really enjoyed that too.

What do we think was the point of both Hazleton and Hynes mimicking AFBs try celebration?
I thought it was a taking the piss out of him a bit, which is confusing as he's one of the best props in the game and will be playing for them next year?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

What do we think was the point of both Hazleton and Hynes mimicking AFBs try celebration?
I thought it was a taking the piss out of him a bit, which is confusing as he's one of the best props in the game and will be playing for them next year?
This is Sharks players we are talking about. They would be in a state of confusion for most of their playing lives.

I kind of took it as they are looking forward to having him and were rubbing it in to us a little that they have him next year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

We're we winning in the first half?

Players leaving, versus players coming in, 2 vs 0 origin players this year, players like SJ, Barney, DWZ' coming into this season off the back of arguably one of their best forms in 2023. We were OBJECTIVELY better this year, on paper.

You are correct, though, nothings won on paper.

Its a very simple thing though. They just needed to try harder....

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I couldn't follow the analogy, I'm sick as a dog at the moment.

One last point. RTS at center. There is no way anyone can say he isn't putting effort in. And if he could put more effort in do you think we would get a better result from him? and that's just one cog in the machine.

RTS is not the reason this season went the way it did. This is an isolated case. Attitude is a team thing.

Lemme go back a bit here. My irritation is that it's fairly common for people throw everything purely on the coach. I believe that it's very disengenuous to do so as ultimately the players are on the field from start to finish.

Does that mean Webby is exempt from criticism? No.

But. When you have the ability to pull win out of your ass when you're very much down, there's something funny going on with the attitude there. Being an adult means managing your own attitude. You need to handle your ups, your downs and your own resilience.

That last dragons game is a prime example. Would I blame flanno? No. That one is perfectly placed on the players.

I can 100% say that in a perfect world where Barnett can be cloned into a full team, we'd be hitting finals every year. Might even slot a few more kicks at goal too..

Really happy for SJ and the team to go out on a high. That was a thrilling finish and it makes it so much easier to look back on his career in a positive light.

The younger and less experienced players seemed to provide a bit of spark, Taine, Luke, and Ali. They should all retain their spots.

I think the officiating was fair and that helped us immensely. I'm sceptical whether we would have got some calls if we weren't backing up from another controversial call from the previous round.

Not sure what happened to Barnett but it seems as though he had gone off (potentially injured) and was replaced with Lussick, while Ale and Sifakula watched from the bench. Can anyone explain this? I can't believe how weird the bench use is at this club, previous coaches did this kind of crap too without explanation. If we hadn't won then we would all be talking about this.

After watching a few other games this round I think we've finished slightly lower than we should have. Some things just didn't click this season and we never really had any momentum. If we had played more to our potential then I think we should be up there in the bottom of the 8, but not as high as some of us probably expected going in to 2024 (eg Top 4).

Up the NSW Cup Wahs 😅

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back