General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to have my 2 cents worth over the Vegas games after reading this article that the NRL hopes to penetrate the lucrative USA market place and grow rugby league in the United States.

My 2 cents is that it sounds like a complete waste of time. Rugby union has a much better footprint in North America and they don't have much success. We will not accomplish anything by trying to grow the game of rugby league there. I have lived in Canada for a long time. Grass roots rugby union is strong. Despite that rugby is minuscule compared to the major leagues. Cricket is also played extensively in North America with competitive leagues but no one cares about it. I think the NRL are whistling Dixie with any attempts to expand in North America. Growing the game in Australia in states where it is less popular would be a better bet.

They have no interest in growing the participation of the game Wrighty.

Their sole interest is in expanding the betting markets for the game.

Any piece by them that suggests otherwise is PR dribble.

I see Jackson Topine is taking the bulldogs to court over his treatment. Hasn’t been back at the club on mental health leave and apparently seeking employment out of rugby league. Their forum being quite brutal in regards to him but people on the forum who claim to know more don’t seem to have any sympathy for the bulldogs and their treatment of him.

The Canterbury Bulldogs are reportedly facing a legal battle with the player who walked out of the club's training and stood down with mental health issues last year.

First reported by News Corp last year, the player, who hasn't been named due to the seriousness of his mental state, turned up late to training before the coaching staff decided to enforce a punishment due to him not being on time to training.

Reports indicated that the punishment reportedly saw him wrestle more than 12 players, allegedly enforced by the coaching staff.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the two parties are involved in a legal battle, with talks between the player's manager and the club breaking down, while both the RLPA and NRL welfare team are reportedly monitoring the situation at the moment.

“I can't because there's legal proceedings under way," Bulldogs Chief Executive Aaron Warburton told the publication after the player's manager declined to comment on the situation.

It is understood that the player is still on the club's Top 30 roster but has yet to return to training since the incident last season, and it's unknown if the player is still getting paid.

Addressing the media last year on the incident, Cameron Ciraldo defended the club's punishment and doubled down on the club's push to increase standards, aiming to turn the Bulldogs into a finals contender in the next few years.

“It's a pretty sensitive issue and I won't be commenting,” Ciraldo told the media last year.

“I don't want to comment specifically, but at different times, we've wanted to put some standards in place, and if you're late, we have to do something.

“We are trying to drive standards. We want to have winning performance standards. Some of that's been monetary related, some of it's been spinning a wheel, and then some of that's been trying to find ways to change behaviours.

“The reality is we need to change behaviours here, and I think we've done a good job of that throughout the season. And I feel really sorry for the fans that we are where we are.

“It doesn't seem like we've taken steps forward this year on the same wins as last year. We definitely haven't taken steps back.”

Angus Crichton heading to French rugby also in 2025. Roosters are going to have quite some money to throw around with the likes of Manu, Chrichton and potentially Tupou off their books. Could be even greater if it’s JWH final season?

Angus Crichton heading to French rugby also in 2025. Roosters are going to have quite some money to throw around with the likes of Manu, Chrichton and potentially Tupou off their books. Could be even greater if it’s JWH final season?
I left Joseph Suaalli off that list, they’ve got a massive war chest. Teams should be looking to lock up players they want to keep, i could see the roosters going in hard for Reece Walsh. Both he and Tedesco off contract end of 2025 and Manu gone and probably too old anyway if he returned.

I left Joseph Suaalli off that list, they’ve got a massive war chest. Teams should be looking to lock up players they want to keep, i could see the roosters going in hard for Reece Walsh. Both he and Tedesco off contract end of 2025 and Manu gone and probably too old anyway if he returned.
With all these stars leaving, the Rorters might finally be able to get under the salary cap ;)

(Happy to delete if not allowed / move to another thread if this the wrong one).

To all the Christchurch-based, or travelling, forum members - my family is selling 5x Christchurch “Memberships” (2 games + merch credit)

Our family had similar ideas for gifts, which meant we have doubled up on tickets for the Warriors games in Christchurch. We had a buyer lined up, but that has fallen through (*sigh*) – so let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in buying them off us (we purchased them for $70 each).

Tickets for both games are in Aisle 21C – near halfway in the South Stand. Ideally looking to sell all five together.

They have no interest in growing the participation of the game Wrighty.

Their sole interest is in expanding the betting markets for the game.

Any piece by them that suggests otherwise is PR dribble.
Yup, expand the viewing and betting market though that would eventually lead to potentially expanding playing numbers you would think

Screenshot_2024-02-11-21-54-32-15_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

We are going away for the weekend for a wedding (not mine). I knew I'd likely miss the All Stars unless I SkyGo it while I'm away. The trial will depend on when we get back.

Setting up the trial and All Stars to record. It was cool seeing all of the other games. It means the season is close and my gaming time is going to decrease significantly.

Get told by the family the wedding is at a good time. Besides the league there was a lot of sport scheduled for this weekend. The Fury vs Usyk fight was going to be this weekend as well.

Last year for the first trial, one thing that stood out was how well drilled we looked. Even with all of the youngsters. It looked like everyone was aware of where they needed to be. Sure the weak opposition and having two first grade halves guiding them around helped. But it was still impressive all the same. It made it look like we came back from being away due to covid and got our reserve grade sorted with promising players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back