Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Well I think I misuderstood the advice !!!
I left Galvin in the team as DNP and put Talagi as an emergency player thinking Talagi would be counted even though he was a centre. However it only counts emergency players who are of the same position as the DNP player so Talagi did not count this week. He will be a handy pick up though as I think he will play as centre even after Moses returns to stand off.
Not an issue at all man, you played with 16, purchased a good cash cow & still had some good performances. I’d still look to move on haas, and probably Liam Henry as his money making has taken a huge hit with the 0.

Not an issue at all man, you played with 16, purchased a good cash cow & still had some good performances. I’d still look to move on haas, and probably Liam Henry as his money making has taken a huge hit with the 0.
The prices have just been updated. Talagi has gone from 300K to $324K so I made $24K compared to keeping Metcalf.
I am not going to win this week or any week until I get Haas and Cleary back. They are best two scorers and will be back soon. I will wait for them. In the meantime I am not going to worry about trying to win this week. I am going to just try to make some trades with the longer term set up and soundness of my team in mind. Maybe I can make a run in the second half of this competition. I am very grateful I learned how the emergency players worked now and good to get learnings in my first year :)

In other news my faith in Xavier Savage paid off. I thought he looked better than the points he was scoring so kept him.
Tommy Talau is useless and to coin another poster's phrase has played like a sack of shit. I am getting rid of him this week.

Made my trades
Talou has hit the pavement and good riddance ! Felt really enjoyable to send him packing.
Debating the second trade I made
Leniu for Kikau
When I could have gone Finefueiaki for Kikau

I think Fine has hit his cieling price and i watched him detail last night. He is an outstanding player and athlete which is why I picked him to begin with, unfortunately they don't run any plays around him at all and he just is always the decoy runner. So unless one of the experts posts I am missing something I will reverse the trade and keep Leniu the racist bastard.

He is back in Round 10 which isn't that long to wait.

Made my trades
Talou has hit the pavement and good riddance ! Felt really enjoyable to send him packing.
Leniu for Kikau

I think Fine has hit his cieling price and i watched him detail last night. He is an outstanding player and athlete which is why I picked him to begin with, unfortunately they don't run any plays around him at all and he just is always the decoy runner. So unless one of the experts posts I am missing something I will reverse the trade and keep Leniu the racist bastard.

How much do you have with the Leniu trade bro

I would trade Neame and Leniu bro. Scroll up, I’ve given a frw good options. As fucked as it sounds, you’re better off keeping talau, unless there’s a good cheapie that pops up. There’s word jf try from rabbits will debut, so he’d be an option. Trading Neame & Leniu should give you approx 800k+, where you could get one good player and a cashie. That’s what I’d do personally.

I would trade Neame and Leniu bro. Scroll up, I’ve given a frw good options. As fucked as it sounds, you’re better off keeping talau, unless there’s a good cheapie that pops up. There’s word jf try from rabbits will debut, so he’d be an option. Trading Neame & Leniu should give you approx 800k+, where you could get one good player and a cashie. That’s what I’d do personally.
If I traded Leniu plus Neame plus my cash I gained last week from downgrading Metcalf to Talagi I could probably get a $700K gun lock who plays 80 minutes. So that is a consideration. On the other hand then I can't have Kikau and he is who I want. I have been tracking and targeting him for some weeks. I am predicting a career year for Kikau this year.
Trading Neame out for an upgrade to an 80 minute lock is a great and tempting idea but I am sure I can come up with another scheme to do that next week. Eg. If Bradman best doesn't start putting up numbers soon then I could trade Best plus Neame for the Lock. And then put young Talagi into my centres who will probably score 30 points per game like Best was anyway.

Lastly regarding talou. He is goneskis this week and he is not coming back into my team and I have learned a lesson to never acquire another player like him again. The only cheapies you should be getting a rookies. Talou was cheap because he averaged like 21 points last year. At the end of the day this is a game which should be played to be enjoyed and it gives me immense pleasure to trade him out this week so that is what I will do even if it is an emotional decision.

I am settled on my strategy even if it based on my hunches. But now just finalising either
Leniu for Kikau or FineK for Kikau - both options have enough cash to afford the upgrade after downsizing metcalf last week.

If I traded Leniu plus Neame plus my cash I gained last week from downgrading Metcalf to Talagi I could probably get a $700K gun lock who plays 80 minutes. So that is a consideration. On the other hand then I can't have Kikau and he is who I want. I have been tracking and targeting him for some weeks. I am predicting a career year for Kikau this year.
Trading Neame out for an upgrade to an 80 minute lock is a great and tempting idea but I am sure I can come up with another scheme to do that next week. Eg. If Bradman best doesn't start putting up numbers soon then I could trade Best plus Neame for the Lock. And then put young Talagi into my centres who will probably score 30 points per game like Best was anyway.

Lastly regarding talou. He is goneskis this week and he is not coming back into my team and I have learned a lesson to never acquire another player like him again. The only cheapies you should be getting a rookies. Talou was cheap because he averaged like 21 points last year. At the end of the day this is a game which should be played to be enjoyed and it gives me immense pleasure to trade him out this week so that is what I will do even if it is an emotional decision.

I am settled on my strategy even if it based on my hunches. But now just finalising either
Leniu for Kikau or FineK for Kikau - both options have enough cash to afford the upgrade after downsizing metcalf last week.
Fair bro, heads up on kikau he could have a broken leg lol

From the bulldogs forum

- Viliame Kikau - scans to rule out fibula fracture
- Max King - scans on possible wrist fracture
- Kurt Mann - likely surgery on fractured hand, hopeful for 4 week return
- Connor Tracey - to have scans on torn calf
- Harry Edwards - possible bulging disc in neck (symptoms into arm/hand)
- Blake Taaffe - concussion, will miss next week

Made my trades
Leniu for Kikau

Getting burnt by Talau is a right of passage. He gets everyone eventually.
Also Fine has an average of 30 and a BE of 18. He’s still got some value to make.

Getting burnt by Talau is a right of passage. He gets everyone eventually.
Also Fine has an average of 30 and a BE of 18. He’s still got some value to make.
The Casual Athlete Fantasy blogger said tonight
1) As cheap as Talou is his price will continue to fall in the next 4 weeks
2) Fine is not a buy and is a questionable hold as he getting a full 80 minutes yet still only putting up mediocre numbers.
3) Talagi had a bad game but give him a few more chances.

FWIW I think Leniu is also a sell as I had a deep dive into his numbers this evening. He has been around a number of years and had never averaged over 30 points.

Good night Forum - it is 9.30pm but feels like 10.30 due to daylight savings ending.

The Casual Athlete Fantasy blogger said tonight
1) As cheap as Talou is his price will continue to fall in the next 4 weeks
2) Fine is not a buy and is a questionable hold as he getting a full 80 minutes yet still only putting up mediocre numbers.
3) Talagi had a bad game but give him a few more chances.

FWIW I think Leniu is also a sell as I had a deep dive into his numbers this evening. He has been around a number of years and had never averaged over 30 points.

Good night Forum - it is 9.30pm but feels like 10.30 due to daylight savings ending.
Personally I rate the casual athlete. I think they give great advice. You really are starting to sound like pro. Personally I don’t like selling a player with a BE lower than their average. There is always exception to every rule though and I’m likely to do that this week to get Angus.

Last edited:
Hi Men
As requested don't forget to post this week which league you are in and your standing.
I am 11th in the OG league.

In other news some advice please
I need to trade out Metcalf
Can afford to trade in either
1) Cody Walker
2) Isaiya Katoa

Who is a better get?
I'm in the OG league and I'm 7th.