Pick Your Team Rabbitohs v Warriors - Round 5, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

I was listening to Cheese who was on James Graham's podcast and he mentioned that we are leading the comp alongside Penrith in terms of dominating field position (ie most times oppositions tackled inside their 10 and most times starting our sets from the 30). Until our attack comes back, we will always put ourselves in position to win games by grinding our opposition out of the game with this type of gameplan. Maybe that was Webby's plan for the early stages of the season until we get our full strength spine back and become capable of executing our shape from last year.

Last edited:
Can Monts play center on D and RTS on the Wing? Feel like RTS getting more kick returns as a wing would be more beneficial to us. Then on attack, Monts on the wing and rts to center.

Do they even need to switch necessarily? As in, could Webby just tell the two of them that in the middle of each half, when fatigue starts to set in, RTS drop back on 5th tackle instead

RTS taking the ball back up against a scattered kick chase is trouble, we saw as much on the weekend; Rumour has it Mat Crocker and Jack Hetherington are wondering where RTS is

you’re kidding right?

29 runs for 283m

7 tackle breaks

2 offloads

not what the team needed 🫤?

He’s the only attacking weapons in the backline that can create something for himself
Yes but our team never capitalised on his work. So if he keeps doing it and it converts into more points then I'm all for it. Otherwise I applaud Roger's efforts and say back to centre you go please and thank you and step on up CNK to fullback.

I really feel for Metcalf, he's had an unlucky run.

Whilst our other two options don't have that electric gamebreaking ability. They are stronger defenders and distributors, which could open up that left edge a bit more in terms of getting Roger clean ball.

We are pretty lucky to have two quality options, given both are better than Gamble and Cogger for instance who are Newcastle's starting halves.

Metcalfs due some luck.

Maybe he will get lucky with just a hair line fracture to the Fibular instead of the Tibia (
I haven't seen any report of which bone he fractured nor what type of break). The bizarre nature of the impact could well turn out to be a saving grace.

Could be back for the second half of the year at full tilt on a small crack like that to the non weight bearing bone in the leg. Could even come back stronger with the added time for his Hamstrings to finally take a prolonged rest.

I think I'll always fear a South's team haha. Even though they're travelling shit house, every team has aimed up against us and I think we're all kidding ourselves if it's gunna be anything different.

I thought we looked a bit tired those first 8-12 minutes before our quick tries. I think we only made 35m per set for a few, with AFB, Tohu and Barney not making too many inroads, before the Knights ended up breaking.

Hopefully having players like Walker and CNK returning will help this, and having players like Jazz, Egan and Niukore coming back from injuries means they've only had a handful of minutes each, but I do think we need a bit more out of our bench, or to mix it up and even start with Bunty or Niukore so that we can see Barney on after 25.

Bunty, Niukore and Jazz were poor in the meter department last week with none of them making 40 meters, so we deffo need someone to stand up or those key players are going to start getting a bit flat

I think I'll always fear a South's team haha. Even though they're travelling shit house, every team has aimed up against us and I think we're all kidding ourselves if it's gunna be anything different.

I thought we looked a bit tired those first 8-12 minutes before our quick tries. I think we only made 35m per set for a few, with AFB, Tohu and Barney not making too many inroads, before the Knights ended up breaking.

Hopefully having players like Walker and CNK returning will help this, and having players like Jazz, Egan and Niukore coming back from injuries means they've only had a handful of minutes each, but I do think we need a bit more out of our bench, or to mix it up and even start with Bunty or Niukore so that we can see Barney on after 25.

Bunty, Niukore and Jazz were poor in the meter department last week with none of them making 40 meters, so we deffo need someone to stand up or those key players are going to start getting a bit flat
Still think Ale > Bunty

Based on the first four rounds, souths seem like a very slow team. They play stop start footy and kick the ball out of play alot to help their middles who have looked rather unfit to start the season. I think we can wear them out with our gameplan from last week where we essentially kicked newcastle out of the game. If we dominate the field position like we have done for most of our games this year, opportunities will arise to exploit their laziness around the ruck. I'm ok if we just focus on the middle corridor again for this game, given the high probability of rain for this game. I'm expecting another ugly 1-12 game again.
Hard….they make opposing teams play scrappy too. I’m also predicting a 1-12 win for us which is ok but I’m no Nostradamus. Take advantage of Mitchell’s sheer defensive laziness at the back.

Mate I'm the self appointed captain and coach of the Ale fanclub, I couldn't agree more.

Hmmmm, maybe I'm being too subtle with my jabs about Bunty's performances. Say the word and I'll crank it up a notch 😜

I don't follow it closely but just looking at stats in NSW Cup games, Ale dominates when he plays in NSW and Bunty does not.

Ale is younger and has had less time in the system than Bunty (I think) and has bigger skill set, more room for growth.

I don't follow it closely but just looking at stats in NSW Cup games, Ale dominates when he plays in NSW and Bunty does not.

Ale is younger and has had less time in the system than Bunty (I think) and has bigger skill set, more room for growth.
I think the coach is very defense oriented and Bunty is an excellent defender. In fact we have very few defensive weaknesses in this Warriors lineup. Possibly only Metcalf and he’s not playing this week.

Back