General Realistic prediction for 2023 Week 3 Finals - Broncos v Warriors

Who will win

• Total voters
Ok brothers & sisters, we all know the magnitude of this game……let’s see how REALISTICALLY confident we all are (or not so confident) of beating the Broncos come Saturday night. Only two more sleeps and it’s on…..man I need some diazepam.

No romantic fantasies, most passionate love affairs don’t last the distance…..they turn toxic. Been there done that so don’t question experience.

So take your rose tinted glasses off, take your heart out of the equation completely, put your bias aside and use your head only (big head please lads, not the little one) and let’s see where we’re at.

VOTE WITH YOUR HEAD PLEASE.

I legit THINK we’ll pull this off.

Appreciate y’all 🤗

We all know it is going to be tough, but I saw enough last week to see the composure in this side when they have the full spine playing.

We certainly can realistically win this game.

Fourteen twelve Warriors.

Adam Pompey to kick the decider from the sideline penalty for a professional foul on Dallin as he races in to score the match winning try, Ashleigh Klein ignores a clear penalty try and the score remains deadlocked at twelve all, the Warriors have to kick it to win.

I can't pick it.

I'm feeling confident because we delivered such a complete performance vs the Knights. However, were the Knights running out of steam after their 10 game winning streak? Were we riding an emotional wave of the first home final in over a decade? Were we really that good or did the Knights play poorly?

If we had struggled to beat the Knights I think I would more realistically lean towards the Broncos. But then again there is something about Suncorp...I dont fear playing there. We have picked up some good wins there over the years, plus we pull decent Kiwi crowds so I think it will go off this Saturday.

I also think about our first week Penrith performance. I actually thought we played okay, good defensive effort despite the score line. But with SJ missing we lost our way in our structures and decision making. So really can't read too much into that one as SJ was such a key out for us, as shown by his performance vs the Knights.

But Broncos are a pretty gun team. They Demolished the Storm (even though Storm weren't at all convincing against an average Roosters team). They have a monster pack, speed and power out wide and Reece Walsh/Esra Mam have been on fire all year. They can do some freaky plays. And lest we forget Adam Reynolds pulling the strings, his kicking game and experience will be massive for them.

I can't really pick it, I keep going in circles - I think we either win it close, or we get blown off the park.

But like I said I can't pick it 🤪

Just can't wait for Saturday, its bloody torture waiting for Gameday. I'm actually glad we lost to Penrith as at least we get to watch our team every week!

Broncos to win

Home ground
Week off
Faster team
SJ not 100%

SJ sounds fine, Webster said he is going to do a full training.

The plan was Captains run only if there was any doubt, so he must be fully fit because he is doing both.

Week off might be good for the Broncos, a big win for us and straight into this game is best for us.

They are faster yes. So were Newcastle.

Home ground, yep they will think they are playing an origin.

Broncos to win

Home ground
Week off
Faster team
SJ not 100%
SJ sounds fine, Webster said he is going to do a full training.

The plan was Captains run only if there was any doubt, so he must be fully fit because he is doing both.

Week off might be good for the Broncos, a big win for us and straight into this game is best for us.

They are faster yes. So were Newcastle.

Home ground, yep they will think they are playing an origin.
I still desperately want us to win and will be disappointed if we don't.....

Just think there are more positives for the Broncos than us.

Plus the late kick off.

The knights dropped the ball first set.
They didn't make it hard for us.
We capitalised well , which is a skill itself , but going toe to toe with Brisbane will be hard imo.

They are short priced favourites for a reason.

Disposed of the Storm with ease and were brutally physical, week off, at home, on and on. They can attack from anywhere on the field and from both sides of the ruck. Their defence has been elite this season, and every player works so damn hard especially once you get into their 20m. They have Reynolds and Carrigan in there who keep a lid on the excitement and dial down the 100mph pace when needed.

Did we dispose of the Knights? Absolutely. Did they play their final the week before in a 90min performance, also absolutely. They came in flat and without Dsaf, Fitz, and Hastings. We got the jump on them, and they used all their energy to get back into the game falling flat in the back end. Remove all that and I think you have a game on your hands. But you play what's infront of you and we put on a stellar performance, and deserved the scoreline we put on.

Now things that count in our favour this week. We ended up on the right side of the draw getting Penrith first up and Broncos in the pre-lim. Does a week off help the niggles? Sure, but we hadn't played how we played on Sat since the Sharks match and haven't been amazing after a week off this year. Last week was physical, but it wasn't a grind like Newy had week one so there is hopefully a full tank or near coming into this game. SJ came through unscathed and Martin/Jazz both got another hit out in their legs. We have played well in Aus this year for the most part, and never really thought Suncorp was a ground we feared perhaps because we get such great support there.

It's certainly advantage Broncos they are a well oiled machine, but it is a pre-lim so anything can happen. I certainly see an avenue to victory, but it will take a mammoth effort to get over the top of them in this one. I think we can match them in the middle if everyone turns up which will help the edges. But if our wingers are not in the mood for trusting their insides and take the bait jamming in then it's going to be a very long night.

Lot of ramble above, when it could be simplified by saying we will need career best games from a large chunk of our 17 to win this one.

Head says the NRL deems this far enough for the Warriors and the ref is going to shaft us royally.

We will cross the line only to have legitimate tries ruled out at least four times. Egan will take a king hit to the scone in the first quarter. CNK will fail an HIA. Niukore will get marched and so will Walker for arguing with the ref after giving Reecey a bit of extra attention.

We will grind and fight and even make an incredible comeback only to finish the game with the bench empty after AFB, SJ, Egan and CNK all get various game ending injuries.

The Broncos will then blow us out by 20+ and march on to face Melbourne in the GF.

I think I just pitched my worse case scenario. Sorry

Head says the NRL deems this far enough for the Warriors and the ref is going to shaft us royally.

We will cross the line only to have legitimate tries ruled out at least four times. Egan will take a king hit to the scone in the first quarter. CNK will fail an HIA. Niukore will get marched and so will Walker for arguing with the ref after giving Reecey a bit of extra attention.

We will grind and fight and even make an incredible comeback only to finish the game with the bench empty after AFB, SJ, Egan and CNK all get various game ending injuries.

The Broncos will then blow us out by 20+ and march on to face Melbourne in the GF.

I think I just pitched my worse case scenario. Sorry

Oh we will defo get Reff stuffed in the first half.

We will have to defend it. And then keep defending it in the second half till the square up for appearances happens.

Rational mind says Broncs 28 Warriors 18.

Won't be shocked if it's the other way around though, our boys have got a team of 5 million out there with them now, this isn't just the Warriors anymore, this the fukn Wahs.

Wahs 28, Bras 18.

Last edited:
Back