• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Raiders vs Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]

Raiders vs Warriors

Raiders

Kickoff In:

GIO Stadium

Friday
Night
22:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Tuaupiki & CHT have played 8 minutes together back in Round 2. That's the extent of their in-game combination.
No doubt plenty of repetitions in training though
Sometimes it's these kind of circumstances that brings the best out of the team. Back to basics and play to your instincts. Just wear a woolly shearing singlet under your shirt because its bound to be chilly

I was hoping there might be a sneaky bench spot for Sifakula, but he's not even on the extended. Though not sure who I'd replace him with, Leka is there, which is great and Ale and Bunty can't get a look in.

Hopefully we see lots of effort from Leiataua. I'm not convinced about RTS on the wing, but happy enough to see what he can do. He had his best game last time out.

I'm with @Defence on the backline. For sure there is some upside, but there are a lot of unknowns in terms of combinations and defence
As a FB I see wing as the closes fit for a player like RTS much more than centre ..not saying he is. going play a blinder ...he wasn;t that flash in FB last game ...another player on the way towards retirement with Tohu sadly ...so looking forward to the young guns stepping up prove they are FG bound...

As a FB I see wing as the closes fit for a player like RTS much more than centre ..not saying he is. going play a blinder ...he wasn;t that flash in FB last game ...another player on the way towards retirement with Tohu sadly ...so looking forward to the young guns stepping up prove they are FG bound...
He was a brilliant wing at the Roosters. He has lost a lot of pace.

Usually I would be very optimistic, but it is that last COVID season where he looked out of his depth there. I don't think his head was in league at that point though.

He was a brilliant wing at the Roosters. He has lost a lot of pace.

Usually I would be very optimistic, but it is that last COVID season where he looked out of his depth there. I don't think his head was in league at that point though.
WHY WING SWITCH WILL UNLOCK RTS

The wing position has become increasingly important to any NRL team’s success in recent years.

Wingers are the first players to take a hit-up on a kick return, with players like Brian To’o and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak showing there’s more to playing on an edge than just scoring tries.

Five of the players in the top ten for running metres play their trade on the wing, with Jacob Kiraz, Brian To’o, Daniel Tupou, Kyle Feldt and Ronaldo Mulitalo all featuring.

And the Warriors have a man who is one of the most dangerous ballrunners in the competition in Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

The former Dally M Medallist has played 61 NRL games on the wing, with most coming at the start of his career at the Roosters.

But with the role of a winger changing since that time, Tuivasa-Sheck has the potential to fit the bill and excel after making the move one wider in the backline in Round 20.

He’s already played one game on the wing this season for the Warriors, scoring a try and running for 156 metres to go with three tackle breaks and a line break.

Tuivasa-Sheck has been solid in the centres, but he’s set to get the ball in hard more often this round and also will likely be in stronger attacking positions.

Therefore, Warriors fans could see the full scope of his abilities against the Raiders.

Meanwhile, Andrew Webster has previously admitted he believes he’s not given his star recruit the tools to succeed in his new position.

“I have been pretty open and honest that I don’t feel like I have made it work as well as it could,” Webster said.

“The vision was to come here and get a player like that involved, get their hands on the ball.

“We’ve seen it in glimpses, haven’t we?... I just wish he had more opportunities to do it.

“That’s part of my responsibility, to give him more opportunities to show what he can do... the wingers actually get more ball these days than the centres.”

WHY WING SWITCH WILL UNLOCK RTS

The wing position has become increasingly important to any NRL team’s success in recent years.

Wingers are the first players to take a hit-up on a kick return, with players like Brian To’o and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak showing there’s more to playing on an edge than just scoring tries.

Five of the players in the top ten for running metres play their trade on the wing, with Jacob Kiraz, Brian To’o, Daniel Tupou, Kyle Feldt and Ronaldo Mulitalo all featuring.

And the Warriors have a man who is one of the most dangerous ballrunners in the competition in Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

The former Dally M Medallist has played 61 NRL games on the wing, with most coming at the start of his career at the Roosters.

But with the role of a winger changing since that time, Tuivasa-Sheck has the potential to fit the bill and excel after making the move one wider in the backline in Round 20.

He’s already played one game on the wing this season for the Warriors, scoring a try and running for 156 metres to go with three tackle breaks and a line break.

Tuivasa-Sheck has been solid in the centres, but he’s set to get the ball in hard more often this round and also will likely be in stronger attacking positions.

Therefore, Warriors fans could see the full scope of his abilities against the Raiders.

Meanwhile, Andrew Webster has previously admitted he believes he’s not given his star recruit the tools to succeed in his new position.

“I have been pretty open and honest that I don’t feel like I have made it work as well as it could,” Webster said.

“The vision was to come here and get a player like that involved, get their hands on the ball.

“We’ve seen it in glimpses, haven’t we?... I just wish he had more opportunities to do it.

“That’s part of my responsibility, to give him more opportunities to show what he can do... the wingers actually get more ball these days than the centres.”
RTS taking the hitup, then Taine could be nice to see

Hmm that isn't how I feel, he makes me nervous under the high ball now whereas he used to be safe as. No stats to back it up but I feel like he makes more high ball mistakes now than he used to
Can’t deny I’ve haven’t had worries about him under a high ball either. He’s scored a try plucking the ball out of the air at one stage this year and been close on another couple of occasions on attacking kicks around the try line

Can’t deny I’ve haven’t had worries about him under a high ball either. He’s scored a try plucking the ball out of the air at one stage this year and been close on another couple of occasions on attacking kicks around the try line

He used his FB catching skills and applied to attacking catches this year since he doesn’t need to do defensive catches at centre much

Back