• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Raiders vs Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]

Raiders vs Warriors

Raiders

Kickoff In:

GIO Stadium

Friday
Night
22:00

Warriors

Team Lists

I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the boys yesterday at the airport. Resisted the temptation to get a photo with DWZ, which would have been proudly hung on the mantelpiece for visitors to view, or added to my LinkedIn. I regret not getting one, but at the same time, it would have been an invasion of privacy

Little-known facts:
1. Webby is a unit!!!
2. Egan and CHT look like good buddies
3. Same with Lussick and DWZ. A group of players & management were hanging out together
4. The coaches arrived early and sat together, but got on with the players
5. They must get tired of the travel. No direct flight to Canberra, so it must get taxing

Hard not to just start chatting as if you actually know them.
A bit like when someone meets the actor that plays Ross off friends and tries to chat to them as if it is actually Ross and they are his mate

Oh, and Jackson Ford is like a lone wolf. As in, I can see how he is the fittest guy on the team because he probably prefers relishes on the internal challenge of perfection. Like a solo athlete on a sports team. To be clear - not someone that is not liked. Probably more of a super fit introvert

Oh I can see that, on podcasts he was asked what he does in his spare time and he struggled to answer, like play golf with Wado, that's about it 🤣 Super focused on work I guess

Wow thanks defensivebomb defensivebomb for those interesting observations.

That's cool to know about Ford, given we also have Barnett and JFH next year, that's a really solid core of guys who will hopefully drive the standards of our club moving forward.

I have a little inkling that Ford is going to have a huge year for us next year. Once he sorts out his penalties and errors he'll be above average. He's already improved drastically this year in the error sense - 9 errors in his first 6 games as opposed to 6 errors in his last 11. Turns 27 in Feb so will be close to peak physical form, with good experience (80+ games). Find that man a Kiwi Mrs!

I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the boys yesterday at the airport. Resisted the temptation to get a photo with DWZ, which would have been proudly hung on the mantelpiece for visitors to view, or added to my LinkedIn. I regret not getting one, but at the same time, it would have been an invasion of privacy

Little-known facts:
1. Webby is a unit!!!
2. Egan and CHT look like good buddies
3. Same with Lussick and DWZ. A group of players & management were hanging out together
4. The coaches arrived early and sat together, but got on with the players
5. They must get tired of the travel. No direct flight to Canberra, so it must get taxing

Hard not to just start chatting as if you actually know them.
A bit like when someone meets the actor that plays Ross off friends and tries to chat to them as if it is actually Ross and they are his mate
What do you mean about webby being a unit? You mean like a big guy? Or mental asf?

It's OK to like Friends but keep it to yourself, don't tell anyone else. We will judge you for it.

As a FB I see wing as the closes fit for a player like RTS much more than centre ..not saying he is. going play a blinder ...he wasn;t that flash in FB last game ...another player on the way towards retirement with Tohu sadly ...so looking forward to the young guns stepping up prove they are FG bound...
Weird eh
We signed up Rts for three years
And now fans are saying he is knocking on retiremement

What do you mean about webby being a unit? You mean like a big guy? Or mental asf?

It's OK to like Friends but keep it to yourself, don't tell anyone else. We will judge you for it.
Webby is a lot bigger than I thought. I imagined him being a (somewhat) skinny white guy. But he is actually quite tall, and big bodied. Not as fit/muscly as Roger, but similar height and broad shouldered

Not sure about the origin duo backing up. That was a pretty intense game. Barny will be sore and hungover. I’d give them the week off and trust our back ups.

P.S barny is now a top 5 middle IMO!! Could even be top 3 as I think he’s overtaken AFB this year. We could have 2 of the top 3 middles next year.

Not sure about the origin duo backing up. That was a pretty intense game. Barny will be sore and hungover. I’d give them the week off and trust our back ups.

P.S barny is now a top 5 middle IMO!! Could even be top 3 as I think he’s overtaken AFB this year. We could have 2 of the top 3 middles next year.
Will be interesting if he keeps this form up for the rest of the season. Could be in Kangaroos contention.

Could even be top 3 as I think he’s overtaken AFB this year.
How did AFB fall in everyones opinion. Is it because he signed elsewhere....

As compared to last year he is averaging better metres per game , averaging better post contact metres per game, averaging more tackle breaks per game, better tackle efficiency. Only real noteworthy thing he has dropped in is offloads. All this whilst performing in a pretty depressive team compared to what they delivered last year.

And you do not want to compare his stats with JFH. I get it, people want to think they are getting an upgrade. Hopefully that is true, but AFB always has been huge for us. Him deciding to leave should not weaken his standing amongst fans of this club.

As compared to last year he is averaging better metres per game , averaging better post contact metres per game, averaging more tackle breaks per game, better tackle efficiency. Only real noteworthy thing he has dropped in is offloads. All this whilst performing in a pretty depressive team compared to what they delivered last year.

And you do not want to compare his stats with JFH. I get it, people want to think they are getting an upgrade. Hopefully that is true, but AFB always has been huge for us. Him deciding to leave should not weaken his standing amongst fans of this club.
Retention of players they want to keep has been one of the few things that the Warriors have been pretty good at over the decades.

Put together a Warriors team of the century. We've had most of them throughout their prime years.

I'm struggling to think of a better player we have lost in their prime. We've been pretty lucky to not have to watch our stars in other jerseys (and I hate the Sharks so it will be hard).

I've seen enough posters I respect talk about rumours of attitude now to believe it, but still think we have a jilted lover thing going on.

Don’t think he’s gotten worse, just think Barny has improved and overtaken him….

Don’t think he’s gotten worse, just think Barny has improved and overtaken him….
There we go tajhay tajhay there is your answer. You are apparently making a straw man argument about Addin. And you are incorrect with the foundation of your post and argument according to Up the Gutz.

Back