• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Raiders vs Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]

Raiders vs Warriors

Raiders

Kickoff In:

GIO Stadium

Friday
Night
22:00

Warriors

Team Lists

At this point I can’t blame RTS if he has a stinker. Bloke is filling in everywhere feel sorry for him but it’s what the team needs. Still think he’s our best Fullback and Webby is getting a bit annoying with his Tuapiki or CnK stance.

Sexy team don’t get me wrong, just worried they might not have bough time to gel.

He was limping in a cup game 2 weeks ago after being tackled. Didn't look to crash hot for the rest of the game. Mustn't of been to serious if hes good to go this week. 1 game back from Injury tho. I'd prefer MTG.

I'm ok with it.

The key combination is the halves who despite their flaws have shown they can bet the ball wide.

A few questions defensively but I do get a sense this is the best backline we can field at the moment.

At this point I can’t blame RTS if he has a stinker. Bloke is filling in everywhere feel sorry for him but it’s what the team needs. Still think he’s our best Fullback and Webby is getting a bit annoying with his Tuapiki or CnK stance.

Sexy team don’t get me wrong, just worried they might not have bough time to gel.
Timoko and Raps is a gun edge, might leak a couple there. I'm more worried about their power forwards, hope we absorb the first 20 and tire them out, Papa seems to go all game though, but Addin and Barney can keep him quiet. Hope Barney backs up, he's the new captain for mine.

What's your usual pre game ritual.
Mine is first beer 2 hours before.
So have some self control and start ripping in at 8.00pm.
Dinner during the game in front of TV - phone and laptop not engaged. I can't both watch closely and comment in the game day thread during the match at the same time.
I also give myself a pre game talk. It is just a game. It is ok if we lose. The sun will still come out tomorrow.
No drinking during the game for some reason. I don't know why. Just not part of my routine. I do drink. Just not while watching sports.

Personally I'm seeing this as a pretty low stress game.

The result will simply tell us where we are at.

Are we fighting for the 8 or are we battling to stay out of the bottom 4?
That's pretty zen, I see it as a must-win or we're fucked and the year's been just another in a long history of bitter disappointments. I wish I could have your more detached logical attitude to disasters.

Last edited:
Once again our biggest guy on the bench is 101kg. Hopefully, barring injury, we see Marata into the middle when Halasima has his stint

Once again our biggest guy on the bench is 101kg. Hopefully, barring injury, we see Marata into the middle when Halasima has his stint
What are your views on Jazz currently? Asset ? or too small?

I wouldn't re-sign him unless he took a pay cut. Still useful but, even though they have different skill sets, I don't think both him & Ford on the bench together is a good fit
OK thanks for explaining - Now I understand the posts you have been making about the bench.
Perhaps in a few weeks Sifa comes in on the bench for one of them.
Lussick has to be there, has to. Due to Egan always getting head knocks. They have learned that Lussick is useless at starting but he is useful at closing in the last 20 minutes and Egan's tackle technique gets worse and vulnerable as the game wanes on.

Nah Webby will give the soft NSW player a deserved rest after warming the pine for NSW the last few games.

Must be absolutely terrifying sitting on that bench even when you know you're not playing.
Good luck to him tomorrow night tho!
Terrifying? Look at the difference he made last game and he was only 18th man! Qld be shitting themselves now he's in the 17. AW knows how much influence Barney has on the team, he'll be in.

OK thanks for explaining - Now I understand the posts you have been making about the bench.
Perhaps in a few weeks Sifa comes in on the bench for one of them.
Lussick has to be there, has to. Due to Egan always getting head knocks. They have learned that Lussick is useless at starting but he is useful at closing in the last 20 minutes and Egan's tackle technique gets worse and vulnerable as the game wanes on.
Lussick gets better as the game goes on, last week he morphed into a hard running power prop by the end, who knows what his final form will be

That's pretty zen, I see it as a must-win or we're fucked and the year's been just another in long history of bitter disappointments. I wish I could have your more detached logical attitude to disasters.

That was me last week.

It had been a while since I was so animated in a game.

Certainly been a while since I wanted a win so bad...

This week I just see it pretty up and down. We should win and if we do we are still a chance for the 8.

If we lose, we're gone and who could say it hasn't been coming?

That was me last week.

It had been a while since I was so animated in a game.

Certainly been a while since I wanted a win so bad...

This week I just see it pretty up and down. We should win and if we do we are still a chance for the 8.

If we lose, we're gone and who could say it hasn't been coming?
Sounds like your last flame of hope was extinguished last week. They've broken you. I'll be the same if we lose this one.

Webster can't win
"Ring the changes Webster since we are losing. "
I never said that.
"When is Ali going to play we need more speed and youth"
Or that.
"Ali is the Future"
That either.
"I get don't change a winning team but we are losing more than we win"
Definitely not me.
So Webster delivers all that and Defence is like "As a collective the selected backline don't have established combinations therefore I don't like it"
Blind Freddy could see that backline lacks combinations and experience although there’s some shiny new toys in there so most are happy to overlook it.
Ricky Stuart won’t.
The raiders will be asking a lot of questions- hopefully they’re up for it- it could kick start our season- or end it…

I think we have to reward Taine or someone else will.

He is far too good to be in reserve grade.

I would pick RTS at fullback if we needed his metres and for no other reason. The thing is, we have got down field all season and done jack shit while down there.

We gotta give them the old Hawk Tuaupiki!

Back