• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Raiders vs Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]

Raiders vs Warriors

Raiders

Kickoff In:

GIO Stadium

Friday
Night
22:00

Warriors

Team Lists

I never said that.

Or that.

That either.

Definitely not me.

Blind Freddy could see that backline lacks combinations and experience although there’s some shiny new toys in there so most are happy to overlook it.
Ricky Stuart won’t.
The raiders will be asking a lot of questions- hopefully they’re up for it- it could kick start our season- or end it…
Raiders playing for their season too. Fogarty back, they have a good pack and are a dangerous side if they get a sniff. We are going to have be right on top of our game.

I never said that.

Or that.

That either.

Definitely not me.

Blind Freddy could see that backline lacks combinations and experience although there’s some shiny new toys in there so most are happy to overlook it.
Ricky Stuart won’t.
The raiders will be asking a lot of questions- hopefully they’re up for it- it could kick start our season- or end it…
Problems with Internet communications.
You never said those quotes. Other people did plenty of times. So I put them in quotes I should have been more clear. I apologise for my confusing post I assure you I was not putting words in your mouth. Just a misunderstanding.

I do disagree with you though. None of that back line are debutants and all have played this year. Finally the changes are all forced through injury. I don't see how we could not have run a disjointed back line this week if you want to call it that.
I think this is the best back line barring SJ the Warriors have put out all season. I have a hunch our red zone conversion rate will increase this week. We might lose this by letting points in. By we will be ok at scoring tries for once. And that has been our weakness as the forwards have gotten us into good positions but we haven't gotten across the stripe.

Problems with Internet communications.
You never said those quotes. Other people did plenty of times. So I put them in quotes I should have been more clear. I apologise for my confusing post I assure you I was not putting words in your mouth. Just a misunderstanding.

I do disagree with you though. None of that back line are rookies and all have played this year. Finally the changes are all forced through injury. I don't see how we could not have run a disjointed back line this week if you want to call it that.
I think this is the best back line barring SJ the Warriors have put out all season. I have a hunch our red zone conversion rate will increase this week. We might lose this by letting points in. By we will be ok at scoring tries for once. And that has been our weakness as the forwards have gotten us into good positions but we haven't gotten across the stripe.
That might be a halves problem rather than outside backs, but agree with you about the problem in our attacking red zone, we can only score there apparently and we're not icing our chances like SJ was last year despite good attacking minutes in the zone.
Got no stats to back up this impression, just thinking of our losses this year and our inability to capitalise on good field position when they were winnable.

Last edited:
Timoko and Raps is a gun edge, might leak a couple there. I'm more worried about their power forwards, hope we absorb the first 20 and tire them out, Papa seems to go all game though, but Addin and Barney can keep him quiet. Hope Barney backs up, he's the new captain for mine.
nah, papa is on the downward slide - i don't think i've seen him fire this season, whitehead on the other hand.. looking forward to this game, agree i'd be much more comfortable with barney backing up

I think we have to reward Taine or someone else will.

He is far too good to be in reserve grade.

I would pick RTS at fullback if we needed his metres and for no other reason. The thing is, we have got down field all season and done jack shit while down there.

We gotta give them the old Hawk Tuaupiki!

I actually think there’s a few back up fullbacks far better than him

Faulongo
Fuller
Kini

Just my opinion, but these guys are better or have higher ceilings.

Is there anyone else out there who is old like me who is worried about nodding off to sleep and not making it through the 10pm starting game?
The NRL really should allow the Warriors to take the field wearing their jam-jams and with cups of cocoa. And if a Warriors player gets tackled and spills some of his cocoa because of that tackle, his cup gets refilled and the Warriors get an automatic 2 points and the opposition player gets 5 minutes Bin Time.
But no. Those NRL bastards never take into account that the Warriors boy are just good boys who like to be in bed by 8.30 or, if they're real hard core dox, maybe go rad and stay up until 9.00PM.

RTS is the best fullback in the team but Webby refuses to play him for some strange reason.

RTS as fullback is not what the team needs. He's not a threat with ball in hand, has no ball playing ability whatsoever.

Taine is the right call. The real tough call in reality is what happens if we start winning and CNK is fit... Because I will guarantee if we are winning, Taine will be involved.

Lussick gets better as the game goes on, last week he morphed into a hard running power prop by the end, who knows what his final form will be

Nostalgia would be nice

IMG_2729.jpeg

For me Jazz is holding up the development of Ale and others coming through. It's a small bench and we have been found out before.

Not really understanding the RTS negativity, dude was one of the best ever and has been moved around to fill gaps where needed.

Looking forward to seeing Ali and Halasima again, these lads have an x factor that could be the difference. I really hope they both take their chances.

And lol, the NRL have had long enough to forget fucking us. We will get no favour's. They just don't care

Good luck lads, do your best.

RTS is the best fullback in the team but Webby refuses to play him for some strange reason.
At the beginning of the season webby said CNK was top. Tuaupiki 2nd. Roger 3rd. Then has even played DWZ there. I think Taine is fine at the back for us. Roger has been only a stop gap player all season. Experimental centre that hasn't yielded the best of Roger. If Tuaupiki goes down in this game, Roger will replace him.

Back