General NSW Cup 2024

Tafua has an amazing ability to score out of dummy half for a smaller guy, knows when the moment is right.

For those not watching, we’re up 6-0 against a Panthers team with a person in the bin.
Kind of reminds me of when solomona kata would go from DH 😂

Wrighty

Contributor
Well he only did one hit up while I was watching. I read a lot into it but I need to see two or three more for him to be fair.
Looks like a prop though. Big boy. Good leg drive.
Unfortunately for him it is a bit of the wild west as to who gets the ball for the hit ups. A lot of hit ups by second rowers and backs rather than the props like him.

~Navigator~

Contributor
Tafua has an amazing ability to score out of dummy half for a smaller guy, knows when the moment is right.

For those not watching, we’re up 6-0 against a Panthers team with a person in the bin.
Thanks for the update.
No TV's on the island in fiji

Wrighty

Contributor
20 minute stint and he is off. He tried to be a team man and just do his job. I don't feel good about assessing that as too small a sample size. Looked like he belonged at the NSW cup level though rather than a Flegg player playing up a level. Hopefully he gets another chance.

Spence

Contributor
20 minute stint and he is off. He tried to be a team man and just do his job. I don't feel good about assessing that as too small a sample size. Looked like he belonged at the NSW cup level though rather than a Flegg player playing up a level. Hopefully he gets another chance.
A couple solid hits in defense too, he’s big enough to handle this level.

Wrighty

Contributor
A couple solid hits in defense too, he’s big enough to handle this level.
It was frustrating because his hit up was a juicy contact that he got the better of but he wasn't expecting to win the collision so didn't press home his advantage and in the end didn't maximise the number of PCMs he could have gotten. I was expecting his 2nd and 3rd hit ups to be much bigger but they never gave him the pill after that as other blokes wanted to hit it up.

Spence

Contributor
It was frustrating because his hit up was a juicy contact that he got the better of but he wasn't expecting to win the collision so didn't press home his advantage and in the end didn't maximise the number of PCMs he could have gotten. I was expecting his 2nd and 3rd hit ups to be much bigger but they never gave him the pill after that as other blokes wanted to hit it up.
He was used as a decoy runner a lot too.

Sorry to say Wrighty but his d is average at the moment. He ended up on the wrong side of the tackle too often. He still learning though

Wrighty

Contributor
Sorry to say Wrighty but his d is average at the moment. He ended up on the wrong side of the tackle too often. He still learning though
Yeah
His Laterall movement to respond to stepping was slow. He arguably should have helped out more on the try that was let in on his shift as well although that is harsh as he had made the previous tackle.

Wrighty

Contributor
Although overall his D overall was average it also wasn't below average. He did some burly shots in defence and sured up the middle third effectively while he was on. He did enough including defensively to look like he was a NSW cup player even though in reality it was his first game up from Flegg

Wrighty

Contributor
That game was dissapointing to me as a warriors fan. We comfortably had the better athletes but Panthers were better drilled. At times it looked like the Warriors wanted to play a 2024 version of jungle ball. The game was controlled and calm when Penrith had the ball and frenetic when we had the pill. Panthers with too many handling errors in the end.
I also did not spot for the Warriors anyone looking like a stand out at this level. But it was my first game closely watching.
Some of our guys are a bit hungus.