• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General NSW Cup 2024

NZWarriors.com

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xNZdfjQBrA
Is this NSW Cup side actually better than the first grade side which lost last night? TMM, Bunty, Laben to name a few, this team had some serious speed.

Certainly better to watch at times. But realistically there would be only a few players that would be ready or good enough to play first grade. The spine - TT, Metcalf, TMM, Roache. Throw in some of the young forwards but they still need development to reach their potential.

The cup team do seem to play with more energy, enthusiasm, freedom and togetherness.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Certainly better to watch at times. But realistically there would be only a few players that would be ready or good enough to play first grade. The spine - TT, Metcalf, TMM, Roache. Throw in some of the young forwards but they still need development to reach their potential.

The cup team do seem to play with more energy, enthusiasm, freedom and togetherness.
These are traits our fg needs along with and especially speed

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I see the NSW Cup team is playing South Sydney at Pulman park Takanini at 10 am tomorrow.
Is any one going can post live feedback?

Anyone got a team list to put up?

Correction under 21 s at 10am
Nsw cup at 12 pm

Just saw the team list on the Warriors site looks a strong team.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Correction under 21 s at 10am
Nsw cup at 12 pm

Just saw the team list on the Warriors site looks a strong team.
Let's see if there are Any late additions. Seems a bit of a waste of time having TMM as 18th man in first grade. Though it does give Metcalf a chance to show what he has at 7. Personally I'd be playing TMM 6 and LM at 6 in cup for the rest of the season. See how they develop as a combination and qualify for finals

I see the Titans played their number 18 in the centres last night as Kelly was out.
So possible TMM could be called on firsts.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
As TMM ain't playing Cup tomorrow he can't hit the 8 game requirement for playoffs I wonder what the approach for the halves pairing for the remainder of the year will be? Metcalf won't hit 8 either but I think due to his injury he might be exempt. Further to this I wonder if Metcalf will play on his preferred right side tomorrow?

As TMM ain't playing Cup tomorrow he can't hit the 8 game requirement for playoffs I wonder what the approach for the halves pairing for the remainder of the year will be? Metcalf won't hit 8 either but I think due to his injury he might be exempt. Further to this I wonder if Metcalf will play on his preferred right side tomorrow?
Metcalf just has to play more games of cup than first grade so 5 in total I think to qualify.

I think TMM has to play 8 to qualify? So three more games left after this week. Might still be able to if that's the case?

Metcalf just has to play more games of cup than first grade so 5 in total I think to qualify.

I think TMM has to play 8 to qualify? So three more games left after this week. Might still be able to if that's the case?
I would imagine that there's a clause for a player who has spent most of the season on the injury list

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement