NRL NRL Round 14, 2024 Discussion

Dargons robbed and somehow down at HT to Bunji's ragtag band of misfits. Good result for our three clubs, don't want these grubs in the 8, keep it up tigbros.

I think they got the call on half time right. He was stopped and he was on his back. Thats tackled. You cant reach out after. Thats not how it works. Its not a traditional double movement though

Who knows what a double movement is these days? The bunker uses tarot cards to determine if a player was going to end up over the line and score if they didn't move the arm due to momentum.

Could be a punch on tonight. A few handbags already been thrown and it'll only take someone taking exception to a late or forceful tackle to light the fuse.

It has been so good to watch Lomax's aerial game this year. So refreshing after it has been missing from the game.

Now literally punished for what he has been doing well and what the game has needed. Just doing exactly what he has done every time he has taken the ball and scored. Only eyes for the ball, utter focus so he didn't know where the defender was. If the NRL wants to get rid of that stuff, don't let anyone jump.

Fucked game.

It has been so good to watch Lomax aerial game this year. So refreshing after it has been missing from the game.

Now literally punished for what he has been doing well and the game has needed. Just doing exactly what he has done every time he has taken the ball and scored.

Fucked game.

Yeah I do agree with what you're saying, but at the same time there has to be some kind of duty of care when someone is the air like that.

It's a fine line and brilliant at times, but when that same action results in someone landing on their face from a height, I think you need to own that you got it wrong and it resulted in someone getting fucked up

Reactions: j_p
Yeah I do agree with what you're saying, but at the same time there has to be some kind of duty of care when someone is the air like that.

It's a fine line and brilliant at times, but when that same action results in someone landing on their face from a height, I think you need to own that you got it wrong and it resulted in someone getting fucked up
Honestly - don't let players jump. If the game is going to be ruled this way then they should stop defenders from putting themselves in vulnerable positions.

If a live ball is not in possession then players should be desperately competing for the ball. I don't see it any different to trying to secure a ball on the ground and cannon-balling into another player's knee. This is a game of collisions.

Back