• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

NZWarriors.com
11 in a row you reckon?
Never thought I would see 4 in a row and you wouldn't back against them getting 5 this season would you?

They have recruited well and have good juniors always coming through, plus an immortal to be in Nathan Clearly.

I think 5 in a row would be easily comparable to the great 11 in a row dragons? Maybe even better?

Never thought I would see 4 in a row and you wouldn't back against them getting 5 this season would you?

They have recruited well and have good juniors always coming through, plus an immortal to be in Nathan Clearly.

I think 5 in a row would be easily comparable to the great 11 in a row dragons? Maybe even better?
They had no tackle count in those days either. Dragons literally just held the ball all game....

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Still a wee while to go though, they've only (haha, ONLY) won three premierships so far.

I think 5 in a row would be comparable given the resources clubs have now.
I genuinely think the NRL is the hardest sporting comp in the world.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The Panthers' success shows their model is a good one to follow.

Yes, it is helps having a good crop of juniors coming through at the same time and having an elite half like Cleary. But long term even if the current crop isn't elite you would still hope to be competitive and it should help with your cap management.

Then when you do need to recruit you can target 1-2 positions or specific people.

Let's hope the Warriors stick with the age group sides and it isn't something they do for a few years.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Can understand from his point of view. The Storm have been a top club for a long time and Bellamy does develop front rowers well. Usually they develop forwards or sign guys they can improve. Probably an indication of what they think of him or what they need.

It would be interesting to see if they quizzed Bellamy on how long he will be coaching for. If that has been announced I've totally forgotten.

From the Storm side, all of the talk was how they were struggling to make an offer that could get registered. Obviously that got sorted.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back