• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

Am I the only one who thinks Dylan Brown is overhyped? Is he a good player, yes, anything more - I’ve no reason to think so. It’s like he has become this mystical play maker that conjures wins for fun. In my option he’s a wingman - A Goose to Tom Hanks Maverick, and we need a Maverick.
Not sure Tom Hanks would have had the same impact in Top Gun

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Also think we could do something with RCG, Hopgood or Ofahengaue
I take back Jazz from the table, I felt a wave of shame for betraying him, it'll have to be Bunty. But that makes me feel guilty too, wouldn't want to be head of recruitment, you need a heart like stone and a head like Rusty Crowe in A Beatuful Mind for that job, I don't know how Cappy sleeps at night.

Last edited:
I take back Jazz from the table, I felt a wave of shame for betraying him, it'll have to be Bunty.

That makes me feel guilty too, wouldn't want to be head of recruitment, you need a heart like stone and a head like Rusty Crowe in A Beatuful Mind in that job, I don't know how Cappy sleeps.at night.
Sleeps in his salary cappy. If he dreams hard enough he might grow us a sombrero like bulldogs or roosters

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Looking at the off contracted list earlier in the year it looked like this year could be pretty quiet recruitment wise.

It looks to be heating up now as more sides start reviewing 2024 or looking towards next year.

Two sides (Souths, Eels) were expecting to go well and haven't and now have new coaches coming in. The new coaches will want to change the roster.

Ryles looks like he may gut the Eels roster. He will still need to sign players to replace those he lets go. It will be interesting to see who he can sign for the club. Or how successful he will be.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back