• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

Sivo, Matterson and RGC from the Eels are all available for next year it looks like.

A lot of the noise around the Wahs is that we need another wing, prop, and a replacement for Tohu...

RCG at $600k would be okay I think. Still a bit left in those legs I think
Sivo was a unstoppable monster a few years ago. Now he's just a lazy , mistake ridden reserve grader.

I like RCG. Big powerful brute. But goes missing a little to often for my liking. I'd still like him at the club. Bench spot maybe.

Matterson has the physique of Tarzan but plays more often like Jane. A shame really. He has all the skills to match his size.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
RCG has a smashing Mo and would take on cult status like DWZ’s flowing locks.
Cowboys sound like the likely destination but dragons floating around too apparently. Interesting with eels regarding dragons enquiring about Gutherson now that it’s emerged eels keen on Isaiah Iongi, who’s a fullback too. They also had been in talks with Papenhuyzen too

Rumor Mill Swirls: Wests Tigers Eyeing Nelson Asofa-Solomona for 2025 Season

August 19, 2024

The NRL rumor mill is abuzz with speculation that the Wests Tigers are in advanced negotiations to sign Melbourne Storm powerhouse Nelson Asofa-Solomona for the 2025 season. The potential move, if confirmed, could represent a significant shake-up in the league and bolster the Tigers' forward pack with one of the Storm’s most formidable players.

Sources close to the Tigers have hinted that club officials are keenly pursuing Asofa-Solomona, aiming to secure his signature as a key part of their strategy to enhance their competitive edge for the upcoming season. The 26-year-old prop, known for his aggressive play and physical dominance, has been a cornerstone of Melbourne’s successful campaigns in recent years and is seen as a game-changer for any team.

Asofa-Solomona, who has consistently delivered standout performances for the Storm, would bring a wealth of experience and a powerful presence to the Tigers' forward pack. His addition could address some of the Tigers' recent weaknesses and provide a significant boost as they look to contend for top honors in 2025.

While neither the Tigers nor Asofa-Solomona’s management have confirmed the deal, the rumor has sparked excitement among Tigers fans who are eager to see their team make a major acquisition. Social media and fan forums are abuzz with speculation, with many supporters hoping the move will bring renewed hope and vitality to the club.

The Storm, while maintaining a public stance of neutrality, have yet to comment on the potential departure of one of their star players. The possibility of Asofa-Solomona leaving Melbourne has added to the intrigue surrounding the player market as teams prepare for the new season.

As the speculation continues, fans and analysts alike will be watching closely for any official announcements. If the rumor proves true, Nelson Asofa-Solomona’s potential signing could be one of the most impactful moves of the off-season, reshaping the landscape of NRL and driving the Tigers’ ambitions forward.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Rumor Mill Swirls: Wests Tigers Eyeing Nelson Asofa-Solomona for 2025 Season

August 19, 2024

The NRL rumor mill is abuzz with speculation that the Wests Tigers are in advanced negotiations to sign Melbourne Storm powerhouse Nelson Asofa-Solomona for the 2025 season. The potential move, if confirmed, could represent a significant shake-up in the league and bolster the Tigers' forward pack with one of the Storm’s most formidable players.

Sources close to the Tigers have hinted that club officials are keenly pursuing Asofa-Solomona, aiming to secure his signature as a key part of their strategy to enhance their competitive edge for the upcoming season. The 26-year-old prop, known for his aggressive play and physical dominance, has been a cornerstone of Melbourne’s successful campaigns in recent years and is seen as a game-changer for any team.

Asofa-Solomona, who has consistently delivered standout performances for the Storm, would bring a wealth of experience and a powerful presence to the Tigers' forward pack. His addition could address some of the Tigers' recent weaknesses and provide a significant boost as they look to contend for top honors in 2025.

While neither the Tigers nor Asofa-Solomona’s management have confirmed the deal, the rumor has sparked excitement among Tigers fans who are eager to see their team make a major acquisition. Social media and fan forums are abuzz with speculation, with many supporters hoping the move will bring renewed hope and vitality to the club.

The Storm, while maintaining a public stance of neutrality, have yet to comment on the potential departure of one of their star players. The possibility of Asofa-Solomona leaving Melbourne has added to the intrigue surrounding the player market as teams prepare for the new season.

As the speculation continues, fans and analysts alike will be watching closely for any official announcements. If the rumor proves true, Nelson Asofa-Solomona’s potential signing could be one of the most impactful moves of the off-season, reshaping the landscape of NRL and driving the Tigers’ ambitions forward.
NAS is still only 26?

Seems to have been around forever but only just coming into his prime!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Blake Lawrie would be an excellent pick up.

I'd still like Xavier Willison from 2026 onwards but if we got Lawrie I think he'd go great here
I think so too. Can’t imagine he’d come over and kick stones and was outspoken about a goal of making the nsw origin squad. Watching Barnett benefiting from a coach, which Barnett lists as the reason for his form could see someone like Lawrie interested. Even though he hasn’t kicked on for whatever reason, he still has a tackle efficiency of over 93% and offers an average of just below 100 running metres. Barnett has enjoyed a new coach but perhaps Flanagan hasn’t been that for Lawrie? Can play around 50+ minutes, I’d take him as an experienced prop for a few years to add to what we’ve got coming through. He’s hitting his best years as far as front rowers often go

Going to be interesting watching what happens with Latrell Mitchell seeing that he’s having behavioural clauses put in his contract. Don’t strike me as the type to accept that lightly? Bennett heading there might put his mind at ease around it but he seems like a strong minded personality too

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Lodge is going for the record.

Tigers, Broncs, Warriors, Roosters, Manly

Number 6 coming up

Number 7 will probably be the new Perth team because they'll be desperate enough to take anyone.
It doesn't count, but released from the Storm when a big career there was imminent.

This is a guy who had to front media to say he "didn't try to get in a fist fight with Craig Bellamy," so you can assume he wasn't clean cut there either! That was about the time of his wristband message too. Winner.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back