• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

NZWarriors.com
Today apparently the day Utoikamanu makes his decision. Have seen it’s the storm for 3 years at $900k a season but apparently a Sydney based team has come in late. Picking its bulldogs or roosters?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Today apparently the day Utoikamanu makes his decision. Have seen it’s the storm for 3 years at $900k a season but apparently a Sydney based team has come in late. Picking its bulldogs or roosters?

Imo it's absolute madness...he's a big body and looks like he could be the goods in the future but wow, 900k?

Our eventual signing of Xavier Willison on 600k is going to look like the best deal ever

Canterbury has joined the elite race for Wests Tigers giant Stefano Utoikamanu.

The Bulldogs haven’t yet tabled an offer for the former NSW star but interest at Belmore is high.

There is a belief that Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo can extract the best from Utoikamanu.

The Bulldogs have kept talks with Utoikamanus secret – until now.

Utoikamanu is unlikely to remain at Wests Tigers from next year.

Melbourne Storm and the Dolphins are also interested (see below).

Canterbury wants to hold further talks to determine whether Utoikamanu has a genuine interest in moving to Belmore.

Utoikamanu is unlikely to sign with the Dolphins after previously being linked with Canberra at St George Illawarra.

It now appears a two-club race between the Bulldogs and Storm.

Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould is a known master in negotiating

Canterbury has joined the elite race for Wests Tigers giant Stefano Utoikamanu.

The Bulldogs haven’t yet tabled an offer for the former NSW star but interest at Belmore is high.

There is a belief that Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo can extract the best from Utoikamanu.

The Bulldogs have kept talks with Utoikamanus secret – until now.

Utoikamanu is unlikely to remain at Wests Tigers from next year.

Melbourne Storm and the Dolphins are also interested (see below).

Canterbury wants to hold further talks to determine whether Utoikamanu has a genuine interest in moving to Belmore.

Utoikamanu is unlikely to sign with the Dolphins after previously being linked with Canberra at St George Illawarra.

It now appears a two-club race between the Bulldogs and Storm.

Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould is a known master in negotiating

Fook me, show me a player that's off contract that the Dogs haven't been linked to 🙄

I assume they're taking Jazz, SJ and Tohu at the end of the year too?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Was interesting listening to Metcalf on SENZ saying that he wants to be the future 7 at the club once SJ retires… If that eventuates, Dylan brown would probably be the better option to target
Will be interesting with Ryles heading in there. If there’s any truth to Dylan Brown being interested in heading to the Warriors, now would be the time for it to happen. Ryles will want totally committed players and the odd player options they have there could be a hassle for them in the future. Plenty of eels fans would be happy to see him go being underwhelmed with his ability to lead them without Moses. Could work out for both parties with them able to put Talagi at fullback and Gutherson at five eighth

Apparently his manager is asking for $1.3 million+ a season
$1.3 mil a season has different reactions at different clubs.
At Tigers, Titans, Warriors, Dragons, Bulldogs lol why would they do that, over paying desperation.
At Storm, Rosters, Sharks, Panthers, what a steal long term.

$1.3 mil a season has different reactions at different clubs.
At Tigers, Titans, Warriors, Dragons, Bulldogs lol why would they do that, over paying desperation.
At Storm, Rosters, Sharks, Panthers, what a steal long term.
He’s off contract in 2026, so there’s a thinking with the likes of DCE, Ben Hunt and others coming off contract that there’s going to be plenty of teams in need of halves and him being young

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He’s off contract in 2026, so there’s a thinking with the likes of DCE, Ben Hunt and others coming off contract that there’s going to be plenty of teams in need of halves and him being young

Well shit, with that kinda money being talked about I hope we lock TMM up soon before his up over 800k

I wonder if we'll see the next Warbrick or Simonsson make a code switch from Sevens after the Olympics? It's an aging squad but a couple of the youngsters could be good converts. He's too old now but I reckon Andrew Knewstubb would've made a good Fullback/6

Was interesting listening to Metcalf on SENZ saying that he wants to be the future 7 at the club once SJ retires… If that eventuates, Dylan brown would probably be the better option to target
Am I the only one who thinks Dylan Brown is overhyped? Is he a good player, yes, anything more - I’ve no reason to think so. It’s like he has become this mystical play maker that conjures wins for fun. In my option he’s a wingman - A Goose to Tom Hanks Maverick, and we need a Maverick.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back