International New Zealand Kiwis

Alec MacDonald
Trent Toelau (Clarkys forum reckons this kid is in the squad)
Shawn Blore (if he decides to rep NZ like his younger brother did)
Erin Clark?
Royce Hunt maybe?

Withdrawals, injuries & straight up declining NZ will give other players a chance. I’m all for it.

NZWarriors.com
With all the withdrawals, Players needing a break or time off to heal. Injured, suspended. I'd go with some young bucks mixed with whatever experience we have left lol.

Keano Kini(Cnk needs a break)
Will Warbrick
Jack Howarth(Fingers crossed pls!)
Matt Timoko
Jamayne Issako
Kaeo Weekes (🤞)
Jahrome Hughes
JFH
Phoenix Crossland ( 🤞 )
Moses Leota
Isaiah Papalii
Scott Sorensen
Tapine

Xavier Willison
Leo Thompson
Jacob Laban - Jordan Riki (hmm)
Kodi Nikorima

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Kaeo Weekes is playing for the PM13 against PNG.
Stacey Jones confirmed this morning on SENZ that Howarth’s committing to Australia.

As much as I don’t want him to, CNK might have no choice but to play lol. He needs a rest.

1. Kini
2. Issaako
3. Mariner/CNK/Pompey even lol
4. Timoko
5. Warbrick
6. Nikorima
7. Hughes

8. JFH
9. Crossland
10. Leota
11. Sorenson
12. Riki
13. Tapine

14. Clark? Levi?
15. Thompson
16. Neame
17. Willison

That’s still not a bad side. Shows just how much depth the Kiwis have. What an absolute cluster fuck though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
CNK only played 17 games this year. Yes, he looked like he was out on his feet at times but he should be rested up now and ready to go if needed?

He would be an automatic selection for me with the experience we have out.

What happens next year if 17 games is to many for the guy?
Fair point. I guess I’m being selfish from a Warriors perspective. At the time we had other options but not so much now.

Where would he play? Fullback, left or right centre? Surely Kini is the fullback. Matt Timoko plays right centre for the Raiders, but played left for the Kiwis last year. But that was to accommodate Manu. And frankly he’s only made a handful of line breaks all year. Gets through a tonne of work though.

If the Warriors were to move CNK to centre I’d prefer he move to the right. He played fairly well against the sharks there against an inform Iro.

Kini, Fullback
Timoko, left centre
CNK, Right centre
That doesn’t seem all that bad. CNK will definitely be better defensively than Mariner. Maybe lose a little in speed/offence.

Last edited:
I know it is more how he announced it with Ponga not wanting to play for Australia "this" international season.

But look at all of the up roar about him not being available and players need to make themselves available for international football as per their contracts..............................

Then you look at the New Zealand players and likely the Pacific Nations as well and you see all of the withdrawals you think it is rules for one country and more like guidelines for others.

can someone confirm if/when we finish 3rd we maybe get relegated and can't play the big boys next year?

The Kiwis play against Australia and Tonga in the round robin stage of the tournament, with the top two advancing to the final, and the third-placed team forced to play in a promotion-relegation play-off against the winner of the Pacific Bowl.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Fair point. I guess I’m being selfish from a Warriors perspective. At the time we had other options but not so much now.

Where would he play? Fullback, left or right centre? Surely Kini is the fullback. Matt Timoko plays right centre for the Raiders, but played left for the Kiwis last year. But that was to accommodate Manu. And frankly he’s only made a handful of line breaks all year. Gets through a tonne of work though.

If the Warriors were to move CNK to centre I’d prefer he move to the right. He played fairly well against the sharks there against an inform Iro.

Kini, Fullback
Timoko, left centre
CNK, Right centre
That doesn’t seem all that bad. CNK will definitely be better defensively than Mariner. Maybe lose a little in speed/offence.
CNK 1 career game on the right to the best of my memory
Timoko 1 career game on the left
And you want them to stay there, sounds a bit looney to me but all these injuries are sending all of us a bit insane

IMG_5315.jpeg

Starting to look like it’s gonna be a bit of a throw together side unfortunately.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back