• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

International New Zealand Kiwis

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Piss weak of the Aussie’s to use Ponga playing for Australia in a 9’s tournament years ago, that aren’t even classed as internationals to deem him ineligible for the Kiwis. I understand they are shit about the way he went about it but fuck they’re having a sook
I honestly think Ponga has no real desire to play for Australia.
He’s a Kiwi that wanted to play Origin.
Conspiracy theory maybe he did want to play for the Kiwis eventually.
I’m sure you could make an argument against the 9s being included as full representation.
Him and his old man could not make this more of a cluster fuck if they tried though.

I honestly think Ponga has no real desire to play for Australia.
He’s a Kiwi that wanted to play Origin.
Conspiracy theory maybe he did want to play for the Kiwis eventually.
I’m sure you could make an argument against the 9s being included as full representation.
Him and his old man could not make this more of a cluster fuck if they tried though.
It does seem flimsy a 9’s tournament. Wonder if there’s a stand down period because that tournament was some time ago I think?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
God I hope Jahrome Hughes doesn’t get injured or “need surgery” or whatever at the end of the season. Otherwise we’re actually fucked, actual…….

Who will that leave? Nikorima and SJ…….. CHT? Better depth than years past, but still.

Losing NAS takes a lot of sting off our bench. Maybe opens an opportunity for Willison. Nearest person in size to NAS.
Same impact? Doubtful.
Maybe Ben Te Kura gets a run?

Losing Smith, JMK, Foran, Manu and Brown is even bigger now. I fear a bit of a flogging.
In saying that, the fact we can even cover those losses with (semi) regular first graders (not really same quality) shows how far NZ rugby league has come.

Last edited:
Interesting seeing Ponga decline playing for Australia to concentrate on his club footy for next season.

Tohu Harris has been doing this for ages
Ah, no. Wrong example
16 tests for the Kiwis then injury, covid, and more injury has stopped his test career since. Now the younger brigade coming through.

Never played or tried to play origin or looked like playing for Oz.

Only once said his focus was on club & that was to not stress the foot injury after only playing half a season in 2018 for the Warriors.

Ah, no. Wrong example
16 tests for the Kiwis then injury, covid, and more injury has stopped his test career since. Now the younger brigade coming through.

Never played or tried to play origin or looked like playing for Oz.

Only once said his focus was on club & that was to not stress the foot injury after only playing half a season in 2018 for the Warriors.
Hasn’t played a Test since 2016, he was 24 years old.
That’s a lot of coincidences and injuries not to play one game for 8 years.
Maybe the SBW debacle left a nasty taste in his mouth which is understandable but whatever the reason he has chosen not to represent the Kiwis imo.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Hasn’t played a Test since 2016, he was 24 years old.
That’s a lot of coincidences and injuries not to play one game for 8 years.
Maybe the SBW debacle left a nasty taste in his mouth which is understandable but whatever the reason he has chosen not to represent the Kiwis imo.
You seen his yearly injury list coinciding with test years?
No coincidence about them, for real.
As for SBW, he played his 16 tests after that, didn't seem to hold him back?
And don't forget for all our Kiwi reps there were 3 years without any tests so it's 5 years where he hasn't played due to injury issues during or at the end of those years, not such a stretch - its Tohu we're talking about 😏
Regardless, a disservice to the guy to say he's made himself unavailable or is unable to play for the Kiwis for no good or real reason imo.

You seen his yearly injury list coinciding with test years?
No coincidence about them, for real.
As for SBW, he played his 16 tests after that, didn't seem to hold him back?
And don't forget for all our Kiwi reps there were 3 years without any tests so it's 5 years where he hasn't played due to injury issues during or at the end of those years, not such a stretch - its Tohu we're talking about 😏
Regardless, a disservice to the guy to say he's made himself unavailable or is unable to play for the Kiwis for no good or real reason imo.
Totally fair points mate. Agree to disagree 🤙🏽

Back