General Realistic prediction for 2023 Week 3 Finals - Broncos v Warriors

Who will win

• Total voters
Head says Broncos. Heart says Warriors. In times like this, follow your heart!

This will be a close game because the stakes are so high. I expect the Broncos to not play with the same fluidity and ease as they approached the Storm game. They had a life in the bank. So there was no real pressure in case they lost.

This time, it’s winner take all. A question mark is how they deal with pressure if they are not running from in front.

All we have to do is keep the game close - or play from in front. I suspect the PTSD from prior seasons may kick in.

If we play with freedom and no fear of losing, with calm clear heads, we will go really close to winning this.

It feels like it is our year. It feels like it is written in the stars. What gives me confidence is what SJ said after the game. It’s relaxed and in the moment.

That’s what wins you pressure matches.

Wahs by a late SJ field goal a la JT in 2015.

If we play like we did against Newcastle and the good bits of the Penrith match, we either win or go very close to winning.

If we play like we did those last 3 or 4 matches before the finals, we'll lose handsomely.

I'm confident we'll play well, so I believe we're either going to win, or go down in a hell of a game.

I'll be honest.......I think it's a game too far.

Hoping we give them a game rather than the Penrith result the other week, but I think we'll come up short sadly.

If we play as good as we know we can, we are a every chance to win! The Broncos are an exceptional side & with home advantage, they will be hard to beat. I just pray the ref doesn't succumb to the home advantage & he calls it how the rule book states. I think we will really see Tohu's motor run as well as it ever has tomorrow night. His defense will be huge in the middle for us.

there was a game earlier in the year - broncos vs...? I can't remember the other team but they whacked Walsh early. for the rest of the game he refused to run the ball back opting to pass to his wingers, hid on wing in defence and dropped a few high balls under pressure. get to him and rattle him early. this is the way.

Realistic? Dunno - it's all fantasy at this point innit? I'm going to say it though - we win by magic 13 - up somehow by 6 with about 10 to go (most scoring has been done in the first half so the start of the second is a bit of grind) then SJ slots a field goal... Broncos rally getting close a few times, but then make a fatal mistake, leading to a break away try to us sealing it in the last 3

I think the perfect game plan is to match the forwards set for set and really take advantage of our creativity through the middle to assist the yardage.

For me, my most important player for the Warriors will be Wayde Eagan. I think we need to be crossing that halfway mark more often then not to really give ourselves a chance of fighting throughout the 80 minutes.

A more mobile bench might well prove to be the difference if the fight is on for the 80 minutes.

First 20 minutes need to be even for us to really build confidence and show the Broncos that they will have to work hard for the win.

We need to prove our position as a top 4 side and make sure that we are not blowen away. Even if we don't get the result, it would be great to know that we did enough to prove that the Bronco's aren't the powerhouse that they think they are.

They have Reynolds, he will be the key.
Webster will have a plan for him, I am 100% sure of that.
I was worried about Kalyn Ponga last week, Webby planned him right out of the game.
I am scared of backing the boys though, every time I do they lose :eek:
Don't do it Bruce! Don't you dare back the boys or it will be all your fault and I won't let you ever forget it 😤 😆

Take a look at the Broncos hiding over the Storm.

Young Tonumapeia at Center gets a bath from the Broncos right edge attack.

Some of the Storms defence is ESL standard (first try is just awful defence all round)

Adam Pompey is a much better defender. He is well capable of stopping three of those Trys on paper. Even if he let one in he is not letting three in like Tonumaipea.

Reece Walsh though is a massive problem for our Wingers with his cut out balls.

Still, you can see when you watch the highlights that the Broncos are not undefendable and Pompey is one of the top three defensive Centers in the NRL.

Rocco is sound defensively also.

Part of why this game is a no contest is that the Storm lose their strike players to injury.

And there are the two critical feild kicks from Reynolds (we talk about his kicking game a lot) that turn the tide for the Broncos.

This game is winnable with better defence from our Warriors than the Storm put in, and some of the Storms defence was just plain poor.

Take a look at the Broncos hiding over the Storm.

Young Tonumapeia at Center gets a bath from the Broncos right edge attack.

Some of the Storms defence is ESL standard (first try is just awful defence all round)

Adam Pompey is a much better defender. He is well capable of stopping three of those Trys on paper. Even if he let one in he is not letting three in like Tonumaipea.

Reece Walsh though is a massive problem for our Wingers with his cut out balls.

Still, you can see when you watch the highlights that the Broncos are not undefendable and Pompey is one of the top three defensive Centers in the NRL.

Rocco is sound defensively also.

Part of why this game is a no contest is that the Storm lose their strike players to injury.

And there are the two critical feild kicks from Reynolds (we talk about his kicking game a lot) that turn the tide for the Broncos.

This game is winnable with better defence from our Warriors than the Storm put in, and some of the Storms defence was just plain poor.

I know you can’t take much out of our last encounter with them, especially since both teams were missing players but our inclusion of TMM and Egan this time when we had Metcalf and Lussick last time makes me feel optimistic. The left was a concern at that stage and Marriner scored twice down there. Since TMM has returned I think the left looks much more stable, especially Montoya containing Young last week comfortably.

Back