Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I had Haas, Wong, May, Carrigan, Piakura playing with Burbo in the reserves, so I'll get Burbo instead of Piakura which I'm happy about. Carrigan wasn't great either, but I'm 274 points from 5 players, so not too bad so far.
You will get Piakuras score because he played. You are stuck with his zero no matter what you do.
If Burbo is in your EMG buy Kris and put him at starting center. That will get you his points. If he’s on your bench it won’t matter though.

Last edited:
You will get Piakuras score because he played. You are stuck with his zero no matter what you do.
If Burbo is in your EMG buy Kris and put him at starting center. That will get you his points. If he’s on your bench it won’t matter though.

Ohh shit I didn't see he actually played, thought he was a late scratching. Lame!

love fantasy. The carnage has started already haha. Have wong, sitili and piakura lol
I’m the same dude, and chuck tatola in there & not owning haas and it’s been a messy start. Burbo and turbo were awesome, stoked with cheese. Not worried about Piakura or sitili as most good coaches would’ve chosen those players. I’m just annoyed I didn’t go with haas and the other 57% of coaches. It might kill my start.

Happy Team Naming Tuesday everyone. Hope the curve balls haven't fucked too many of your teams!

Currently finalising my team, I currently have about 1.8 mil to pick a starting hooker, a centre and a 5-600k reserve for my 17, so just deciding if I want Harry Grant, or a less expenny hooker and then beef up the other 2 spots.

How about everyone else?

Happy Team Naming Tuesday everyone. Hope the curve balls haven't fucked too many of your teams!

Currently finalising my team, I currently have about 1.8 mil to pick a starting hooker, a centre and a 5-600k reserve for my 17, so just deciding if I want Harry Grant, or a less expenny hooker and then beef up the other 2 spots.

How about everyone else?
Tlt was verrrry good for me. Two eels hookers (I’ve got cheese/grant), McInnes named at 13, strange at 6, rapana at fb. Very good for me. I took the punt on cheese, and McInnes. Looks good for now.

If i have the vc on someone can i not trade them or chuck the vc on anyone else? I've got hopgood with the vc on and want to trade him with mcinnes too!!

Can someone please advise - if a player in your starting lineup pulls out before kickoff, does it automatically promote the player from the bench if they are the only one in your squad matching the position and move your highest ranked emergency player on to the bench?

Can someone please advise - if a player in your starting lineup pulls out before kickoff, does it automatically promote the player from the bench if they are the only one in your squad matching the position and move your highest ranked emergency player on to the bench?

It's a funny sitch actually.
If a starting edge forward is ruled out late, the next edge player in your 14-21 will take his place. IF that player is in your 14-17 as a reserve, you get that players points for the guy who pulled out, and then the 18th player in your team (no matter what position he plays) will then go up one, as one of your 4 reserves. Or, alternatively if you had no edge forwards in your reserves, but one in your 18-21, then you would get his score

Does that make sense?

Because when it does, let me know and then I can try to explain how to 'loop' a player, which is what a lot of the top teams end up doing

If a starting edge forward is ruled out late, the next edge player in your 14-21 will take his place. IF that player is in your 14-17 as a reserve, you get that players points for the guy who pulled out, and then the 18th player in your team (no matter what position he plays) will then go up one, as one of your 4 reserves. Or, alternatively if you had no edge forwards in your reserves, but one in your 18-21, then you would get his score

Does that make sense?

Because when it does, let me know and then I can try to explain how to 'loop' a player, which is what a lot of the top teams end up doing
That does make sense thanks.

That’s pretty annoying. So if I had my captain still to play I could change it?
Your vc and c lock in the first game, this year was admittedly differently tactically with the split round. But moving forward it’ll be easier. But just remember, your c and vc lock the first minute of the first game.

Does that make sense?

Yep looping has its risks but it has huge advantages, it’s also much more prevalent now with 17 teams and a team on a bye every round. It’s relatively straight forward, and leveraged off this discussion. Happy to help with looping too