General Dale Husband Retardation Thread

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Mar 30, 2012
Post your examples:

So, prematch vs Souuffs:

Apparently the Rabbitohs "came into fruition" in 1906.

WTF?

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Mar 30, 2012
He has also twice referred to Ben Henry as the "Warriors captain" (presumably a hangover from his U-20s commentary).

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
He has also twice referred to Ben Henry as the "Warriors captain" (presumably a hangover from his U-20s commentary).

Haha I'll have to re-watch, I didn't notice...

He at least hasn't yelled too much..

Haha wtf, Stray Dog copies his voice/pronunciation.

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Mar 30, 2012
"Let's cross to Simon Mannering now, the successful coach"

God...

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Has Lavina made any stunning comments?

I remember reading a comment last season that Lavina was interviewing Simon after one game and said "Congratulations on the win." Which was nice except that the Warriors had in fact lost.. Minor detail, Lavina...

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Yep, that's how I remember it - it was a post on NZWO...

2Big2Strong

Heritage Member
Apr 10, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Only line from Husband that I remember today was "And the fulltime siren sounds for the halftime break."

He's still not as bad as McIvor or Halligan though.

Reactions: 1Daz

Mixmasterreece

Heritage Member
Apr 10, 2012
Has Lavina made any stunning comments?

I remember reading a comment last season that Lavina was interviewing Simon after one game and said "Congratulations on the win." Which was nice except that the Warriors had in fact lost.. Minor detail, Lavina...
Lavina is the queen of leading questions.She tries to turn any innocuous interview into a sideshow.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
And I guess the Warriors aren't eating oranges at half time, running across the ground like Mudd Bay Crabs or anything of that nature anymore....

One thing about being at the game - I guess that got shown on TV too - was they had a TAB guy there giving the odds. Not entirely sure how I feel about the relationship between the Warriors and the TAB and the open promotion at the game. I remember after every over of every cricket game this summer (or so it seemed) there was a TAB ad. I know, for someone who bets it's a bit of a double standard maybe but it does feel a bit iffy.

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
Lavina is the queen of leading questions.She tries to turn any innocuous interview into a sideshow.
Yeah, it really frustrates me when instead of asking questions, she makes leading statements. She gears the interview to go where she wants it to go, instead of trying to find out what the interviewee actually wants to say.

Reactions: AttilaTheGorilla

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
What happened to Alan Mac?

Why are NZ commentators so bad?
Nothing, as far as I know? I think he's still calling league on Radio Sport?

He doesn't enjoy commentating on TV - he much prefers radio.

Either way, I'll never forget: "Australia! You're dead! You're dead! You're BURIED!"

Chur.

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Bring back Graeme "Ridgey is safer than a condom" Hughes!!!

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
What little I've heard of him - calling other games - I've been impressed with.

Sports commentary should take it's cue from a line from "The 12th Man Again": I want you to keep it up-vibe and keep it interesting, no crapping on with boring annecdotes.

And the "fulltime siren sounds for the halftime break": translation: The start of the second half, surely? :D

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Hey, him over Mcivor? Anyday. Man this guy winds me up haha, I cant stand him.. I watched 40/20 last week and it looks like he's had 34 Red Bulls before the show.

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Mar 30, 2012
Hey, him over Mcivor? Anyday. Man this guy winds me up haha, I cant stand him.. I watched 40/20 last week and it looks like he's had 34 Red Bulls before the show.

I've speculated before that it's something more...ahem...powerful than Red Bull.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Canberra Raiders GIO Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

20 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings