NRL NRL in the United States

There’s a minority of Americans whom are your typical NFL/NBA diehards that do reaction videos on YT (most of you will know this already) that are really gaining traction and shedding light on the game and the NRL in particular. They all seem to love it, mind you they’ve being doing it with Union for years.

There’s one dude on there that I’ve been watching since last year and he’s really staring to understand the game more and he loves it, He’s following this season with fevered delight. He even called out a couple of errors and lapses in judgement in play that only a fan would notice. He’s got a soft spot for The Wahs now (loves DWZ, yet called him out on his over eager attempts to intercept the ball and said he should’ve stayed in the line lol) and it’s evident that he really enjoys RL Not sure if he realises that we’re the only team in the comp that’s not Aussie based.

What will come of this I’m not sure…. I know they play RL in the USA already with small comps in Utah, Texas and from memory New York State among others. It will never trump thier main 3 codes of American Football (which I prefer to watch over Union even though it’s even more slower to watch) Basketball and baseball but it could take a foothold at some level. It would take them at least a good couple of decade's plus to be a powerhouse internationally but they have money to attract and develop players/coaches within and from traditional RL playing countries of they see it viable with a federal wide comp.

What are the NRLs real intention of taking the game over there once a year? Viewership? Money? Show off? Grow the game internationally? All of the above? I dunno. I don’t think the Aussies want to grow the game internationally as they want to maintain their stranglehold as the best country to play the game.

Personally I’m conflicted myself about it for selfish reasons yet Union is growing exponentially with the advent of 7’s and now America is a legit side in in that comp and I’m ok with it, maybe because I don’t care much for The ABs like I used to but it’s good to see a far more even playing field than them dominating for the last century. It gets boring winning all the time paradoxically.

There’s a minority of Americans whom are your typical NFL/NBA diehards that do reaction videos on YT (most of you will know this already) that are really gaining traction and shedding light on the game and the NRL in particular. They all seem to love it, mind you they’ve being doing it with Union for years.

There’s one dude on there that I’ve been watching since last year and he’s really staring to understand the game more and he loves it, He’s following this season with fevered delight. He even called out a couple of errors and lapses in judgement in play that only a fan would notice. He’s got a soft spot for The Wahs now (loves DWZ, yet called him out on his over eager attempts to intercept the ball and said he should’ve stayed in the line lol) and it’s evident that he really enjoys RL Not sure if he realises that we’re the only team in the comp that’s not Aussie based.

What will come of this I’m not sure…. I know they play RL in the USA already with small comps in Utah, Texas and from memory New York State among others. It will never trump thier main 3 codes of American Football (which I prefer to watch over Union even though it’s even more slower to watch) Basketball and baseball but it could take a foothold at some level. It would take them at least a good couple of decade's plus to be a powerhouse internationally but they have money to attract and develop players/coaches within and from traditional RL playing countries of they see it viable with a federal wide comp.

What are the NRLs real intention of taking the game over there once a year? Viewership? Money? Show off? Grow the game internationally? All of the above? I dunno. I don’t think the Aussies want to grow the game internationally as they want to maintain their stranglehold as the best country to play the game.

Personally I’m conflicted myself about it for selfish reasons yet Union is growing exponentially with the advent of 7’s and now America is a legit side in in that comp and I’m ok with it, maybe because I don’t care much for The ABs like I used to but it’s good to see a far more even playing field than them dominating for the last century. It gets boring winning all the time paradoxically.
I don't think they truly want it to go big over there. Even a small sized comp would attract bigger salaries than the NRL. Think of the Aussie basketball league, anyone decent signs with the NBA so the local comp will always be inferior.

Back