10. Bunty
11. Ford
12. Barnett
13. Walker

14. Roache
15. Niukore
16. Tevaga
17. Ale

SJ, Harris, Capewell rest up. MGT I want to see more of, Berry is unfortunately too vanilla.

Is the purpose of the thread to pick the team you would pick or to be sensible and pick the team likely to be picked.

I think if I were picking the team I would leave Shaun out altogether, not fault of his, but all the other teams have studied video of him and seem to know what he is going to do, they also sprint up to him and double team him to shut him down while they have no idea what TMM and CHT will do as there is less footage on them. i also think if we bring Shaun back that TMM will become invisible again
I would put Roger at fullback as I think he is a better fullback than CNK is. CNK is a top ten fullback - Roger is top 3,
I would move CNK to center and drop Berry

1 RTS -
2 Dallin
3 Pompey
4 CNK
5 Montoya
6 CHT
7 TMM
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Bunty
11 Capewell _ he is a rich man's ford
12 Niukore
13 Walker - Tohu seems to have lost it

14 Jazz
15 Ale
16 Barmett
17 Roache

18 Ford

What I think will be picked by Webster will be the teams posted above by other posters.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. MGT
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. CHT
7. TMM

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Ford
12. Barnett
13. Walker

14. Roache
15. Niukore
16. Tevaga
17. Ale

SJ, Harris, Capewell rest up. MGT I want to see more of, Berry is unfortunately too vanilla.
Don’t mind this team at all, but would love Taine to retain his 1 jersey and move CNK to centre for Rocco

This side...you're on some serious brownies haha, but maybe you have Webster on speed dial.

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 M Graham Taufa
4 A Pompey
5 M Montoya
6 T M Martin
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Niukore
11 J Ford
12 M Barnett
13 D Walker

14 C H Tavita
15 B Afoa
16 J Laban
17 T Harris (Prop)

I’d have Ale over Tohu or Laban, he’s a form prop right now

Would be fun to discuss where to put RTS

MGT looked like CNK lol, maybe that’s the position for Charnz? Roger 1 and Taine at the meantime?

TMM has to be “7” on the left edge, he and SJ needs to swap sides from time to time to confuse the defense. CHT would be back up or if TMM gets overwhelmed by SJ again.

Marata makes a huge difference, was he playing on the edge or middle? Hope his body is ready to go for half a season remaining

Coincidence when we start Afoa we play our peak footy?

CNK back to 1.

Berry will probably be back at centre though I'm not a massive fan. Goes okay in defence but also often allows offloads +/- straight up missed tackles and puts his winger under pressure. Offers very little in attack. Personally I would persist with MGT but don't expect that to happen.

Can't find any room for Capewell sadly. Experienced player but fairly invisible out there. Watching Broncos games I think they were happy to offload him as they had Brendan Piakura coming through.

Tohu is an interesting one. On the face of things we should be better with his inclusion, ball playing ability...but he's so slow and the lack of energy is very noticeable on attack and D. He'll play but he should really be splitting his minutes 50/50 with Walker.

SJ comes in at 7, TMM to 6 but with a licence to play both sides and play what he sees - rather than ball going to SJ 100% of the time on the last.

Not sure where CHT fits in. Potentially at 9, rotating with Egan.

MGT looked like CNK lol, maybe that’s the position for Charnz? Roger 1 and Taine at the meantime?

TMM has to be “7” on the left edge, he and SJ needs to swap sides from time to time to confuse the defense. CHT would be back up or if TMM gets overwhelmed by SJ again.

Marata makes a huge difference, was he playing on the edge or middle? Hope his body is ready to go for half a season remaining

A few already commented

Put him back in NPC Rugby…. 😂

Lussick and Kosi were the only two that made me nervous, Freddy did do enough to get dal over (he was calling for it)

Assume Tohu, egan, capewell, Johnson, afb, cnk and berry will be back in and jazz (couldn’t have tried harder but Ale probably is more useful in a short stint, lussick, laban, roache, bunty, Kosi and mgt go out. With a bit of shuffling in the forwards, capewell would be a waste of a bench spot, Niukore would be a hell of an impact player to change with him.

CHT to go back to the 14 role though his defence is mighty and he looks really sharp - his time will come.
That’s just about full strength.

Then a bit longer until they have to make the roger decision.

Marata moved to the edge and Ford spent a lot of time at prop. I’ve never seen Ford run so hard.

Anyone else thinking we should keep Walks at 13 and Barney on the edge, with Tohu and AFB our starting front row? Probably won’t happen though…
Hopefully Webby is thinking this! Then CHT can play the 14 role (covering spine, plus Walker in 13) if he decides to keep TMM at 6.

However, I think what this last fortnight has shown is that TMM prefers that 7 / hands on the ball role. Whether or not he can go back to playing second fiddle to SJ will be interesting - these two wins will either be a confidence boost for him in moving back to 6, or if he doesn't carry on this form then I think he is SJ's back up in the 7 jersey (with CHT playing 6).

Hopefully Webby is thinking this! Then CHT can play the 14 role (covering spine, plus Walker in 13) if he decides to keep TMM at 6.

However, I think what this last fortnight has shown is that TMM prefers that 7 / hands on the ball role. Whether or not he can go back to playing second fiddle to SJ will be interesting - these two wins will either be a confidence boost for him in moving back to 6, or if he doesn't carry on this form then I think he is SJ's back up in the 7 jersey (with CHT playing 6).
For me the concern running this lineup is having Capewell on the bench. He dosen’t strike me as an impact player what so ever, and he definitely didn’t sign here to be playing reserve grade. Ford has also done enough for me to keep his position long term.

For me the concern running this lineup is having Capewell on the bench. He dosen’t strike me as an impact player what so ever, and he definitely didn’t sign here to be playing reserve grade. Ford has also done enough for me to keep his position long term.
Capewell and Ford offer the same IMO - Ford has a bit more energy, but has errors/penalties in him...
Agree, I wouldn't play Capewell off the bench - I'd start him though. I would like to see Capewell play while not carrying an injury - he was good in the first two games, and was then carrying a rib injury (after Storm game? or maybe Raiders). Ford could play off the bench as either a middle or an edge, with CHT and two middles making up the rest of the bench.

Watch that second half, unbelievable the work rate of TMM off the ball and at least 2-3 epic tackles and rush defense towards the end like last week.

He needs to be given another crack at that 6 role when SJ returns, with the renewed confidence and a new blueprint, if it doesn’t work then move him to 14 or share the 7 role with SJ, we have CHT as a proven good backup option

Webby needs to let SJ know to step back a bit

Watch that second half, unbelievable the work rate of TMM off the ball and at least 2-3 epic tackles and rush defense towards the end like last week.

He needs to be given another crack at that 6 role when SJ returns, with the renewed confidence and a new blueprint, if it doesn’t work then move him to 14 or share the 7 role with SJ, we have CHT as a proven good backup option

Webby needs to let SJ know to step back a bit
TMM has absolutely shone (effort, creativity, responsibility) these past two weeks, hopefully putting to be the nay sayers that think LM is way better. And that chase on Tabio was epic, didn't know he had that kind of speed, even with a lost cause. Definitely deserves another chance and I believe AW will make that happen, given his post match comments for the second game in a row.

TMM has absolutely shone (effort, creativity, responsibility) these past two weeks, hopefully putting to be the nay sayers that think LM is way better. And that chase on Tabio was epic, didn't know he had that kind of speed, even with a lost cause. Definitely deserves another chance and I believe AW will make that happen, given his post match comments for the second game in a row.

Yes I think he jammed the Hammer in his half towards the end of the game then he took down the left winger making a break with 1:30 on the clock, last week was taking down To’o in the last set of the game, wasn’t even looking at him closely, was impressed with those clutch tackles, looked at the number and it’s 7 repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back