Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Jaime Brown just put up a fantasy head to head guide on YouTube that had a really good looking guy on it that gave top notch advice.

Anyone else trying to start with Hynes, Cleary & SJ?

Full disclosure iv played both NRL & Supercoach for 10+ years and never placed anywhere decent 😂 And thats probably due to decisions like this one.
SJ is a risky pick as hes very unlikely to score better than he did last season. Moses and Fogarty are probably more attractive this season.
Personally i think starting with Hynes and Cleary isnt a bad idea as long as you can make it fit.

I've gone with Hynes on the basis that he's less likely to be impacted with Origin duties (although who really knows) and has been more durable injury wise recently. I'm also taking a gamble with Sam Walker in that I think he'll have a much better season. Back up halves are Flanagan and Weekes in that they are cheap but are certainties to start at least for the first few rounds of the season.

It's my first attempt at this comp so I'm not sure how it's going to pan out...

With the number of injuries in the past week I've had to completely rework my Fantasy and Supercoach squads. I had CNK, Dom Young, Jayden Campbell, Jayden Brailey and Piakura all for round 1. Has anyone who's played this regularly ever had an issue where they were unable to name a full 17 for some rounds because of injuries and not enough trades?

With the number of injuries in the past week I've had to completely rework my Fantasy and Supercoach squads. I had CNK, Dom Young, Jayden Campbell, Jayden Brailey and Piakura all for round 1. Has anyone who's played this regularly ever had an issue where they were unable to name a full 17 for some rounds because of injuries and not enough trades?
Your team will change completely after the first team lists so don't stress about having to keep making changes.
Not fielding 17 certainly does happen especially in the minor bye rounds. Its not ideal but keeping a full 17 is part of the game. Having 17 teams has made this a fair bit harder. Its one of the reasons to be careful with trades as suspensions and injures happen often. Don't fall into the trap of being short a player and using a trade just to cover one week.
CNK and Dom Young weren't great picks, neither of them show any real value. The game is all about buying players who are under valued and both those guys are priced pretty fairly.
Piakura is still a chance for round one and even if he misses round one i will likely still keep him. Its a risky play though.
Also any advice i give only applies to fantasy. I've never played supercoach.

Hi Dan
Given I am already in the OG league
Should I drop out of the over run league to give it an even number ?
I am happy to do so if it would help

Also when is the deadline for round one changes?

Hi Dan
Given I am already in the OG league
Should I drop out of the over run league to give it an even number ?
I am happy to do so if it would help

Also when is the deadline for round one changes?
It's a rolling lock out so you can trade a player all the way up until the start of the nrl game they play in. You can also reverse trades aslong as the players used haven't played already (and you haven't moved the team around too much to accommodate them)

I also had Brailey, CNK, Campbell & Piakura prior to them being injured.

The only time you can get away with fielding less then 17 is during bye rounds really but I have had instances were iv had multiple injuries and wanted to save trades so i had no choice.

You want to score max points as much as possible other wise you risk losing rank and/or your H2H

I may also may keep Piakura on the bench in the emegrency spot and play a cheapie til he returns to save me a trade later.

Last edited:
Just bought Tuaupiki as I think he's almost guaranteed minimum 4 consecutive NRL games to start the season, so that will bump his value up a bit.

Sticking with The Superstar Halves of Johnson and Cleary. Pretty happy with my team but obviously not a shot fired an anger yet...

Just bought Tuaupiki as I think he's almost guaranteed minimum 4 consecutive NRL games to start the season, so that will bump his value up a bit.

Sticking with The Superstar Halves of Johnson and Cleary. Pretty happy with my team but obviously not a shot fired an anger yet...
Tuaupiki will have to score in the 40s for four weeks to make it worthwhile. Kini is a fair bit cheaper. Only Warriors players worth a look at are Egan if you think he can stay fit and Ali if he gets the center spot. Of course this being fantasy anything can and will happen. So it’s all just guesses.

It’s a good option, he’s just a little too expensive for my liking. I’m going keano kini from titans for that reason

What are your thoughts on Roger?
He is down as a WFB and not centre. But seems pricey at 600K I am not expecting him to get top WFB points...?
Although would he change to a dual position player down the track?

He is down as a WFB and not centre. But seems pricey at 600K I am not expecting him to get top WFB points...?

My guess is that he will be one of the better options there, however his price means that I'm willing to wait until he drops in price a little. I reckon hell gets couple of lower scores that will drop him in price a little, but my plan would be to bring him in if he gets down to 500k, as I think he'll be a 40+ scorer at the end of the year.

Tuaupiki could be a solid little bet, but I want to know what's happening with CNK first. Tuaupiki averages 33 when playing at FB and has decent base stats of big running meters and a few tackle breaks. If he was to get 4+ games and scored a try or 2 in those he will likely average 45+ and would be a nice little earner, especially as CNK will miss a game to two here and there

I also had Brailey, CNK, Campbell & Piakura prior to them being injured.

The only time you can get away with fielding less then 17 is during bye rounds really but I have had instances were iv had multiple injuries and wanted to save trades so i had no choice.

You want to score max points as much as possible other wise you risk losing rank and/or your H2H

I may also may keep Piakura on the bench in the emegrency spot and play a cheapie til he returns to save me a trade later.
I've also retained Piakura in an emergency spot as I think he's expected to return by round 2. All the others I've ended up removing as I want some certainty for the first few rounds.

Fullbacks tend to score better than centers. RTS has come back into the game priced at his fullback average. Which means hes probably over priced as a center. Hes likely to be a gun later on and that WFB center dual is super handy. There is also the chance he just doesn't score that well at center. Some really good players dont have a style that suits fantasy. He is player we will likely be targeting later in the season (just before origin could be ideal). But since the chance of a price increase is low he’s a risky player to start with.

Who out of the cheapies are everyone eyeing up? Aka as cash cows in fantasy land. I have Strange, Schiller, Weeks, Hughes, Willison - Jensen & Lucas are my mids. Abit risky but hei aha 😅 I like a risk here and there

Pending team list of course.

For my cheapies I've gone for Bostock, Strange, Flanagan, Weekes, Hughes, Willison, Cartwright. Keeping an eye on Taaffe as well. If he doesn't start at fullback for round 1 then I'll go Tuaupiki.